joryh

Nov 8, 2021
I had to restart, forgot wtf is going on when I had to make the big choice. So their first adventure when they have to talk to the smith about the things that attacked the town, the horseshoe is upside down. Not only should it be the other way around so "it's luck doesn't run out", it wouldn't be odd for the superstitious peasants to blame him for their problems for letting the luck drain out.

---------------
It also always makes me guffaw whenever the whole: Ermagerd, you can't drink, you're not 21.\o/ bit comes up. I will always laugh at countries that figure it's ok to send an 18 year old out to kill or be killed, but fuck you, you're going to be in really big shit if you drink "underage".

I also recognized this pic. I read the books waaaaayyyyy back when. But I completely forget their names. It was the book cover. Some ppl hiding from demons in some warded bunker? If I'm remembering things right. Back in the 80's or early 90's. Used to have them even, but they were from my first batch of books when I was dumb (young) enough to sell them. I'll never do that again. IS it actually from that book? And if so, what's it's name?

----

Alright. The whole two arrows on a bow thing. Utter. Bullshit. Putting two arrows on a bow doesn't give you twice as much dmg potential. It gives you the exact same potential, SPLIT between two arrow. Almost as if bows have a set poundage. And the force they transfer to an arrow is the force they transfer. And every arrow you put on the string DIVIDES that force between them. So congrats. An ability that lets you fire arrows at half power.

And give these ppl sheaths for their weapons, and shields for god's sake. Forearms make shit shields. And can be dropped if you need the offhand for some reason, so no, that's not a good reason to not have one. (never mind forearm strapping that leaves your hand free)

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
I had to restart, forgot wtf is going on when I had to make the big choice. So their first adventure when they have to talk to the smith about the things that attacked the town, the horseshoe is upside down. Not only should it be the other way around so "it's luck doesn't run out", it wouldn't be odd for the superstitious peasants to blame him for their problems for letting the luck drain out.
#1 Not our world -- so don't make assumptions about how superstitions work

#2 Sometimes a shoe is just a shoe. Display the craft of the proprietor.

Reactions: Saraandir

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
#1 Not our world -- so don't make assumptions about how superstitions work

#2 Sometimes a shoe is just a shoe. Display the craft of the proprietor.
Yeah. Sure. Meanwhile it's using OUR worlds tropes and situations to tell the story. Like a horseshoe over a door to bring good luck. You don't get to use out tropes and customs to convey something and they go iT's NoT oUr WoRlD hurr durr. And no, a smith isn't going to display piss basic wares to impress customers to come to him. (cause rusty gear is such impressive advertising) Especially in a town "most travelers pass by without even stopping". (per the villager you rescue) His customers are the ppl in the village and the farming crofts around it. And they will know full damn well he makes the incredibly awesome and amazingly new fangled thing called a horseshoe. Cause he will have made EVERY bloody thing made of metal that they own. (cause that's how it works when you don't have just-in-time international supply chains) And they can see an example of his work every time they look at one of their tools, or their horse takes a step.

• Angry
Reactions: jaw1986baby

iMucha

Jan 3, 2021
First time playing this and I don't really like it. It's definitely an interesting idea with the game in the game and all but it also doesn't feel like a harem game at all, this is straight up poly relationship which I'm not into at all.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: isotope

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Very good update ; the plot thickens and the group will have the experience of LARP in full force.
What I thought was a slow beginning is actually very well done ; we get to spend a lot of time with the group and now, for me at least, we can't sacrify then for power that easily. Love everyone of them, Hannah and her cuteness, shy but loveable Skylar, boisterous softy Em, quiet but pervert Kaylee, funny but supportive Kenny and the serious but fair GM Oscar.

Skylar is completely falling for MC tho ; wonder if the poly relationship can work...
Also, did Oscar turned into a dog because he had no character to play ? Or is it just Alorine being a bitch....

Anyway, I wish we already had chap 7 ; bravo and thanks Drooskati

Reactions: Vleder

stormtiger

Mar 22, 2020
To Drooskati,
I wanted to say that I enjoy this work. It is very well done and the way you incorporate the DnD into the main story is very good, as well as the DnD story itself.
There is just a couple of errors I found that I wanted to point out to you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
in some ways its safer iv seen a hot casing get stuck in a shirt or bra which will ruin a day for sure
Lord Summerisle: They do love their divinity lessons.
Sergeant Howie: [outraged] But they are... are *naked*!
Lord Summerisle: Naturally! It's much too dangerous to jump through the fire with your clothes on!

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 57 Votes