• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I must say, normally I don't like D&D stuff but, this was fun. Anybody has any recommendation similar to this game lol?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I must say, normally I don't like D&D stuff but, this was fun. Anybody has any recommendation similar to this game lol?
I mean, it's not exactly SIMILAR, but it has D&D stuff and family playing together in My Dorm ...

More similar to the current part could be Swordbearer, Seven Realms, ... stuff like that.

And then there's stuff like Eternum, Mythos, ... anyway, that's all I can think of.

Reactions: boobsrcool

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
When people say TTRPG I always make the wrong association. :)
View attachment 2832851
Don't forget Bunnies & Burrows.
Yeah, my D&D days were before we had online versions, so we just called them RPGs. Back then, we had the SCA (many of whom played D&D), but LARPing wasn't yet a thing. RPGs were "table top" by default.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Yeah, my D&D days were before we had online versions, so we just called them RPGs. Back then, we had the SCA (many of whom played D&D), but LARPing wasn't yet a thing. RPGs were "table top" by default.
And then there's this ...
RPG_hackmaster_cover.jpg

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I attended several Estrella Wars growing up :) My brother (and now Sister-in-Law) were VERY active in the SCA for many many years.

Reactions: Elhemeer
Jan 21, 2022
If you have a creative mind, you would absolutely enjoy D&D (or any of the variations of it and TTRPGs in general). They are incredibly fun with friends. Especially if drinks are involved.
My friends are spread out at different universities throughout my state but someday I'll get everyone together and we will play something for sure. I'll most likely be taking plenty of inspiration from this great game.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
My friends are spread out at different universities throughout my state but someday I'll get everyone together and we will play something for sure. I'll most likely be taking plenty of inspiration from this great game.
It's definitely more fun in person, but a combination of Discord and Roll20 (or other type of hosting site) can help you game with your spread out friends.

Reactions: AggressiveCheeto

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
If you have a creative mind, you would absolutely enjoy D&D (or any of the variations of it and TTRPGs in general). They are incredibly fun with friends. Especially if drinks are involved.
I currently have a copy of the The Expanse TTRPG. I bought it as a resource for my stories set in my interplanetary era (like Dirty Snowball). Wouldn't mind giving it a try one day.
It's definitely more fun in person, but a combination of Discord and Roll20 (or other type of hosting site) can help you game with your spread out friends.
I know of one group that has been doing virtual games using those assets (don't remember if it Zoom, Discord, or Twitch) for a few years now. Audio in a podcast, video on YT.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes