• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Conversations like this, important though they are, always give me anxiety. Not specifically about this game, but about explicit games and material in general.

Like I know that chances are, most games are on the right side of the law even if not by a huge margin, and that chances are nothing bad is going to happen to me because of any of the media I consume, but the "what ifs" always terrify me.

Reactions: FatGiant

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I'll have to agree with that. She is probably just at the limit. She may need a spike of maturity in her dialogues. I recon the model's fine really, but she may be a bit too innocent dialogue wise.
Bailey's design is based on real world people. She is EXCEPTIONALLY shy, and a fairly big introvert. The only exception to this is in regards to the people whom she loves and trusts. For those people, she's incredibly upbeat, perky, excitable. She hasn't been sheltered like Skylar and Kaylee have been, at least not by the actions of her parents. Instead, it's a result of her own personality. She's not one to sit on social media 24/7. She's not a huge TV person. She's a "sit in my room reading John Green books" kind of girl.

Because of that, there's an internal struggle. A natural desire to experience more, to explore the body and follow up on the strange emotions she feels towards her sister's boyfriend (and, to a lesser extent, her sister as hinted at back in the early stages of the game). But this goes against her long time nature of being withdrawn and in her own space.

So while she may be PHYSICALLY mature, her reclusive nature has resulted in her being sexually, emotionally, and socially, immature.

This is similar to how Skylar is. Due to her upbringing, she had many of the same issues. But since she is now able to explore the world in her own way, and with her own control, she's ready to spread her wings. So long as she feels safe doing so.

Kaylee is in the same boat as Skylar, but far more aggressive about getting off that boat. She's already been testing the limits of what she can or can't do under her parents roof (Pointing back to the scene where she shows off her Skyrim character). Kaylee isn't waiting until she gets out in the world. She knows what she wants to experience, and she'll do it on her terms.

Hope this helps to explain how the characters were designed :)

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Bailey's design is based on real world people. She is EXCEPTIONALLY shy, and a fairly big introvert. The only exception to this is in regards to the people whom she loves and trusts. For those people, she's incredibly upbeat, perky, excitable. She hasn't been sheltered like Skylar and Kaylee have been, at least not by the actions of her parents. Instead, it's a result of her own personality. She's not one to sit on social media 24/7. She's not a huge TV person. She's a "sit in my room reading John Green books" kind of girl.

Because of that, there's an internal struggle. A natural desire to experience more, to explore the body and follow up on the strange emotions she feels towards her sister's boyfriend (and, to a lesser extent, her sister as hinted at back in the early stages of the game).

So while she may be PHYSICALLY mature, her reclusive nature has resulted in her being sexually, emotionally, and socially, immature.

This is similar to how Skylar is. Due to her upbringing, she had many of the same issues. But since she is now able to explore the world in her own way, and with her own control, she's ready to spread her wings. So long as she feels safe doing so.

Kaylee is in the same boat as Skylar, but far more aggressive about getting off that boat. She's already been testing the limits of what she can or can't do under her parents roof (Pointing back to the scene where she shows off her Skyrim character). Kaylee isn't waiting until she gets out in the world. She knows what she wants to experience, and she'll do it on her terms.

Hope this helps to explain how the characters were designed :)
Please don't get me wrong I do like her very much, but the kind of maturity I meant, was not related to her sexuality or shyness.
I'll try to explain it better, I do apologize, but English is my second language, so I'm not always the clearest I'm afraid :)

What I meant, was about the subjects she would talk about with the MC, her sister and the ones close to her.
I'll write a completely fictional example, maybe it'll become clearer:

Mc: So, what have you been doing since the last time we've seen each other?
Bailey: Well, I'm nearly done writing my thesis, so aside from research, I really haven't been doing much, or interacted with that many people. I did get a small part time job as well though. I thought it was about time I helped with bills and so on.
Mc: Ah that is quite impressive indeed.

While I suck at writing, oh so greatly, I meant that some of her dialogues should more "adult oriented", as in every day stuff, she'll come out as being more mature as well.
This is something I've noticed with virtually all games with a younger sister, they're all acting younger than they should, and just about every single one of them talks about "school." They rarely talk about "Uni". While it may not seem like much, given the choice, I'd be more confident I'm fucking someone saying she's in Uni, than someone that says she's in school :)

While she can, and certainly should remain shy, innocent (until we get to pop her cherry at least!), that does not mean she does not have subject normal adults will speak about, outside of sex.

I hope I'm clearer on what I meant there :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I've also forgotten the usual business "technic" that's probably applied by Steam on this, false security.
I assume that you are only talking about criminal liability here. You are right that these disclaimers do nothing in that case apart from being able to say that they are following standard industry practice.

They do however serve a purpose for civil lawsuits. I.e. a parent buying the game for their kid can't claim they didn't know it was an adult game. Or and adult buying it getting offended because it is nudity and sex in the game. And it also helps with the general public accepting that there are adult games on Steam in the first place (compare to Apple and their stores).

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I assume that you are only talking about criminal liability here. You are right that these disclaimers do nothing in that case apart from being able to say that they are following standard industry practice.

They do however serve a purpose for civil lawsuits. I.e. a parent buying the game for their kid can't claim they didn't know it was an adult game. Or and adult buying it getting offended because it is nudity and sex in the game. And it also helps with the general public accepting that there are adult games on Steam in the first place (compare to Apple and their stores).
I did indeed.

As for the 2nd point you raised, that is true, but that's only applicable for store buyout (online or physical) Steam and itch would maybe be ok, I've never really checked, since nobody's asked me my ID for about 30 years, I do tend not to worry too much about those usually. I seriously doubt parent would buy games on Itch or Patreon, while most of them have flagrant nakedness showing up. At which point, the disclaimer will be useless as well, since it has to be shown before purchases to be valid, same as the EULA. Since there's no boxes, and to the best of my knowledge, no clear notice during purchases as well, those, like just about every single EULA, are neither valid, nor enforceable in most countries. Since you'll only see the disclaimer when opening the game, they parents would still be able to sue, as they had no way to see that disclaimer before their kid launched the game.
For MMOs, they bypassed that, by forcing you to acknowledge and read the EULA before you could pay and download back in the days. Not sure if that's still a thing these days.

A civil lawsuit of such a small caliber, (one person against one dev or a small team in the case of AVNs) would probably have virtually no power in other countries, as it's would not be a criminal offense. At best, they could maybe sue the distributor/fund collector, but I doubt it'd go very far either way. Technically speaking, every single AVN, should go through the normal classification for their games to get a rated, and be allowed to be 'sold'. While I assume Steam and Itch do that already, patreon and subscribestar, may not be in the same boat (absolutely not certain here.) Since someone mentionned in another thread that Patron ONLY recently required ID for devs, I'm going to assume that if there were any checks done, they were more than light :) Added to that that you're not buying anything on Sub or patreon, so normal laws for products, do not apply either. I'm honestly not sure you'd even be able to file a civil lawsuit outside of a criminal one. But, thinking about it, I think it could only be a criminal case anyway, since it would be down to minor accessing 18+ stuff. I could be wrong on that though.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
In the USA we say "school" or classes even for university courses. Uni, especially abbreviated like that, is European and not American. I have not seen the language that would put the VN in a King's English realm as opposed to 'Murrica so Uni just is not going to be a term anyone uses.

That being said I do not know from whence Drooskati hails...
1690332669944.png

It's 119 out right now.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
just about every single one of them talks about "school." They rarely talk about "Uni". While it may not seem like much, given the choice, I'd be more confident I'm fucking someone saying she's in Uni, than someone that says she's in school :)
This might be a bit of a cultural Americanism thing, we tend to refer to all levels of education as "school" where it matters we'll differentiate, but even as an adult attending college late, if friends or family wanted to know how my education was going they'd ask about "school" not "college" explicitly. When my wife was getting her degree also later than usual I helped her with some papers (she was deployed at the time) and she'd say "can you help me with school".

So that particular example may be just a cultural foible, I do tend to agree that the youngest women in AVNs tend to be a bit cringe inducingly immature though, just as a whole genre wise (not calling out this game specifically). For what it's worth this game did not set off my rather sensitive squick-dar, although I am a few updates behind.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Okay. This was a lot. I'll try to touch on as much of it as I can, without spoiling any of my plans. So, here we go, starting from the top.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
In the USA we say "school" or classes even for university courses. Uni, especially abbreviated like that, is European and not American. I have not seen the language that would put the VN in a King's English realm as opposed to 'Murrica so Uni just is not going to be a term anyone uses.

That being said I do not know from whence Drooskati hails...
I'm in the US, I say 'Uni'. I started at city college and then went on to university. To me there's a difference between 'classes' or 'school' which in my head is high school and below. So, no idea where you live in the US, but you can't speak for ALL of the US.

Reactions: someyoungguy

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I'm in the US, I say 'Uni'. I started at city college and then went on to university. To me there's a difference between 'classes' or 'school' which in my head is high school and below. So, no idea where you live in the US, but you can't speak for ALL of the US.
No one can speak for all of the US, but having lived in a lot of it, I'd say you're the linguistic outlier.

Even a quick google returns helpful about it.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I have lived in over 30 different places within the US and communicate with I don't even know how many more through regular internet communication, you are thus far the ONLY US citizen who uses "Uni" in my experience. So I consider your input an aberration.

I do know a Canadian who lived in France for a while who says it but that is obviously foreign
Where I live in Cali, we all said it that way. I'm old. Could that be it? Doubtful. We did have 3 teachers in HS that were from the UK, maybe that was it. I don't recall them saying it, but it's possible. We're all pretty impressionable during those years. Anyway, it doesn't matter.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I have lived in over 30 different places within the US and communicate with I don't even know how many more through regular internet communication, you are thus far the ONLY US citizen who uses "Uni" in my experience. So I consider your input an aberration.

I do know a Canadian who lived in France for a while who says it but that is obviously foreign
I've heard it used jokingly, usually accompanied by a faux posh accent, but yeah never genuinely. It's possible DS' chunk of the country is one I haven't been to where they all do it, or it's a DSism.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I like it!! Need more of this....
Hoping to see next big update soon...
Well the release we get on here is updated ages after the official release and the offical one hasn't been updated yet and likely won't for a while, so we'll be waiting ages yet for Chapter 8

Fucker289

Jul 5, 2020
Well the release we get on here is updated ages after the official release and the offical one hasn't been updated yet and likely won't for a while, so we'll be waiting ages yet for Chapter 8
ohhhh didn't know that....
Well hoping they do regular update then...
they can't just hook us on good story and leave without finishing it .... :confused:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
ohhhh didn't know that....
Well hoping they do regular update then...
they can't just hook us on good story and leave without finishing it .... :confused:
I'm not suggesting the game will be abandoned, just that unless you're going to pay for the game you'll be waiting a long time between releases

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
So far, the time in between releases has been very reasonable, especially considering the amount of content and its quality.

That's one I'm more than happy to wait for every time.

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes