• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Steam is weird ... can't seem to up-vote if logged in, and number of comments doesn't show from the pop-up in the app. but 46 of them so far.
Heh... I was able to give it a thumbs up. It just wouldn't let me post a comment. You are right. Steam is weird...

ah I gotcha yeah links on here dont work for me either I just look them up manually if it's easy to find cause fuck logging in. Thankfully I was able to find the post the dev was talking about
Yeah, it's been my experience that any time you follow a link the site acts like you are someone else and need to log in. It always lets me log in too... even though I am already logged in and it shouldn't allow a double loggin'. Not only that it will ask you to log in multiple times as though each tab is a different site. Like Store or Community, etc. It's a mess and I hate it.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Man, I really wanted to help out. Sorry, I hate Steam with a passion. I have had a steam account almost since its inception and I avoid it like a plague. This is why. I had to log in 3 times to get a chance to do what you asked - even though I am always logged in to Steam anyway. Once I finally got a chance to post that I like Hannah - Steam said "Oops. Sorry you need to enable steam guard on your account." I said, "Piss on you, Steam." Steam is about as user friendly as wearing handcuffs and a blindfold and claiming to be the Dom. Jus' Sayin':cool:

Edit: Oh yeah... Nice render. Heh
Fun fact, I have to TRIPLE authenticate every time I want to make any changes to Steam stuff as the developer. Login authentication, SMS authentication, AND Steam Guard authentication.

Imagine my pain during beta testing :) Every single time I upload a beta patch, multiple authentications.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Fun fact, I have to TRIPLE authenticate every time I want to make any changes to Steam stuff as the developer. Login authentication, SMS authentication, AND Steam Guard authentication.

Imagine my pain during beta testing :) Every single time I upload a beta patch, multiple authentications.
My work network makes us use e-mail authentication every time AND change password at least once a month (forced, not a choice).

Still got hacked a few weeks ago ... probably some idiot opening a spam e-mail, but still.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
My work network makes us use e-mail authentication every time AND change password at least once a month (forced, not a choice).
When iPhones started letting you login with a picture of your face a joke mail went around at my workplace that because of password expiration policy any employee who wanted to be able to get on the intranet from an iPhone had to get plastic surgery every 60 days....

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Man, I really wanted to help out. Sorry, I hate Steam with a passion. I have had a steam account almost since its inception and I avoid it like a plague. This is why. I had to log in 3 times to get a chance to do what you asked - even though I am always logged in to Steam anyway. Once I finally got a chance to post that I like Hannah - Steam said "Oops. Sorry you need to enable steam guard on your account." I said, "Piss on you, Steam." Steam is about as user friendly as wearing handcuffs and a blindfold and claiming to be the Dom. Jus' Sayin':cool:

Edit: Oh yeah... Nice render. Heh
I agree. I use Epic and GoG more often.

Reactions: gojira667

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
OK very very disappointed in the whole book and destroying it with the knife! You kept the book to read it and never FUCKING read it! The book would of provided some answers as it was the key to her prison should of been able to find out who Alorine is and why she was imprisoned, but never once did you actually read the book.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
OK very very disappointed in the whole book and destroying it with the knife! You kept the book to read it and never FUCKING read it! The book would of provided some answers as it was the key to her prison should of been able to find out who Alorine is and why she was imprisoned, but never once did you actually read the book.
The book was her prison, not a history lesson...

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
OK what is wrong with this chapter? Alora told him he would have to find allies to kill Alorine but than they just march off on there own. This is a complete contradiction to what he was told they should be telling the races that Alorine is back and she wants to take over the world again. it's like none of what Alora stated was said.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
I agree. I use Epic and GoG more often.
I just dl'd GOG a few weeks ago and will use it if I know a dev that I like from here puts a game on there. But I'm trying to stay away from Epic as Tencent owns a good chunk of Epic and Tencent is owned by the Chicoms.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
I just dl'd GOG a few weeks ago and will use it if I know a dev that I like from here puts a game on there. But I'm trying to stay away from Epic as Tencent owns a good chunk of Epic and Tencent is owned by the Chicoms.
Still better than Steam. Even though I have their Steam guard shit set up. My Steam got hacked recently and sent spam links to everyone on my list. I had to go through Hell to get that takin care. Has my Epic ever been hacked? Nope. Yeah. I'll stick to Epic. I still buy games of devs here on it that are good, other than that:

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Technically, we don't know anything about the book other than the fact that it was Alorine's prison. That said, you may have missed the connection of the story of the two sisters in the book you read in the city library.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, Chapter 6 is a pretty pivotal chapter that literally sets up the rest of the story.

OK what is wrong with this chapter? Alora told him he would have to find allies to kill Alorine but than they just march off on there own. This is a complete contradiction to what he was told they should be telling the races that Alorine is back and she wants to take over the world again. it's like none of what Alora stated was said.
They're not in Kansas anymore and they initially have no idea who they can trust and who they shouldn't. You will find that mention of Alorine is met with discomfort or outright fear. Allies shall not come easily, but aid shall be found in subtle yet valuable ways.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Technically, we don't know anything about the book other than the fact that it was Alorine's prison. That said, you may have missed the connection of the story of the two sisters in the book you read in the city library.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, Chapter 6 is a pretty pivotal chapter that literally sets up the rest of the story.
Yes but the long lived races like Elves and Dwarves would remember and taking that to the king/queen of these races would allow them to realize the danger and get there support. Humans are short lived and easily forget but from common sense I would of approached them two races warning them what he has been told by Alora.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
Yes but the long lived races like Elves and Dwarves would remember and taking that to the king/queen of these races would allow them to realize the danger and get there support. Humans are short lived and easily forget but from common sense I would of approached them two races warning them what he has been told by Alora.
That's perfectly fair. I'm not sure that the single interaction with the elf lady or the dwarf in the town is sufficient to assume that their kingdoms would be amenable to dealing with humans. There are certainly Elven mythologies that have Elves being entirely hostile towards humans. We shall see whether the Elves or Dwarves feature in chapters nine and ten. I'm looking forward to it.

4.40 star(s) 56 Votes