RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Chapter 9 Dev Update and Release Schedule

11 hours ago
Hello, everyone! It's time for an update and the long awaited release schedule! After a successful initial alpha test, I've been able to really dig down and push through a LOT of work. I actually wrote the single largest scene in the entire game, which will be in Chapter 9! It has been an amazing few weeks, and I'm incredibly motivated right now. It feels good!
So, what to expect. I believe that primary art and animation work will be done the weekend of the 16th. I will then shift my focus over to doing the music and sounds, which typically takes a few days at least. Beta testing will be begin no later than the 23rd. Allowing a week for testing and reworking anything they find, here are the likely access times by tier:
  • Alorine + Hannah tiers: August 28th
  • Skylar tier: September 2nd
  • Emily tier: September 8th
  • Player tier + Steam and Itch: September 12th
  • Curious tier: September 26th
Note that these are preliminary and subject to change. I do not foresee them changing, but in a live development situation, it's possible. Thank you all for your continued support and I look forward to hearing what you think of Chapter 9!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dev taking about 8 months for this release. One year per release. AVN Dev times getting crazy

Luther Grady

Dec 5, 2020
That is actually in my docs as a possibility. I do have room in my planned storyline for it to occur, but I'm not yet settled on the aspect. If I were to do it, I would want to work it into the story more than just as an afterthought in the ending "And they lived happily ever after" stuff. I think it comes down to player feedback more than anything. The story has room for evolution, and this is one of those considerations.
Yes, definitely need to add pregnancy as part of the game mechanic not just the ending.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gwydion

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Not much wiggle room in that regard, though. Chapter 9 is just about to be released and Chapter 10 is the finale for the entire story.
Granted im about to be 2 updates behind but man it's gonna be sad when this game is over cause it was super fun and enjoyable when it got to the fantasy stuff at least there is a prequel or sequel planned I forgot which

Reactions: Elhemeer

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Granted im about to be 2 updates behind but man it's gonna be sad when this game is over cause it was super fun and enjoyable when it got to the fantasy stuff at least there is a prequel or sequel planned I forgot which
You don't know how much these kinds of comments mean to me. When I started working on this back in the dark days of Covid, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I'd never done ANY creative writing, graphics or animation work, nothing. I just knew it was something I COULD do if I just tried. As you guys are all well aware of, the vast majority of people who get started on this kind of thing rarely get beyond the first initial release. The fact that I not only survived, but thrived, and am now looking at the completion of what turned out to be a rather large project makes me so proud.

Thank you all for joining me on the journey I've taken to this point. I look forward to making more quality stuff for you all to enjoy!

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
You don't know how much these kinds of comments mean to me. When I started working on this back in the dark days of Covid, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I'd never done ANY creative writing, graphics or animation work, nothing. I just knew it was something I COULD do if I just tried. As you guys are all well aware of, the vast majority of people who get started on this kind of thing rarely get beyond the first initial release. The fact that I not only survived, but thrived, and am now looking at the completion of what turned out to be a rather large project makes me so proud.

Thank you all for joining me on the journey I've taken to this point. I look forward to making more quality stuff for you all to enjoy!
I only got to know this game recently, and I really loved it. Even though I'm not a fan of the fantasy theme, I got it in a bundle, and I feel like I might need to revisit my tastes and start checking out more VNs in this genre. Congratulations on your work! Even though you're a beginner, you've shown a lot of talent. I'm following you on Steam, and in your next project, if you have one, I'll also support you on Patreon.

Luther Grady

Dec 5, 2020
I really appreciate the banter the characters have while playing Oscar's game. Too many great one lines. The writing for Emily playing as Kesrei had me almost spit my drink a few times! The writing makes Emily come alive and be quite the gem.

And I spent, I think 30 minutes just watching Tharine and Kesrei walking down the forest trail!

Gonna buy this from Steam.

Please, see if you can't work that pregnancy mechanic in!

Last edited:

Saul1601

Dec 29, 2022

Shit, seriously? This is high quality writing. It manages to be funny and touching at the same time - and of course sexy. I guess COVID brought out the creative side in some of us. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Ruffuss
4.40 star(s) 61 Votes