Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
the new starting screen is awesome :) As well as the the rest of the update, enjoyed it a lot. The Bailey thing felt kind of rushed however. Not that I mind, but I thought there would be some more leading up to it, but given the game is close to the finish line I kinda understand. Also I gotta play sometime the "evil" path, not that big of a fan of stuff like that but these last chapters I'm feeling there is quite a bit of branching. Will probably do a new playthrough of that once the game is done just out of curiosity, but for me the "canon" way is not that.

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
the new starting screen is awesome :) As well as the the rest of the update, enjoyed it a lot. The Bailey thing felt kind of rushed however. Not that I mind, but I thought there would be some more leading up to it, but given the game is close to the finish line I kinda understand. Also I gotta play sometime the "evil" path, not that big of a fan of stuff like that but these last chapters I'm feeling there is quite a bit of branching. Will probably do a new playthrough of that once the game is done just out of curiosity, but for me the "canon" way is not that.
I hope the main menu music likewise met with your approval. It's my piece.

As for Bailey …
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
I hope the main menu music likewise met with your approval. It's my piece.

As for Bailey …
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The difference is that the chapter 7 scene, she enjoys it and in this one she isn't much of a fan.

The other difference is that if you got a chapter 7 scene, you get nothing in this update. With one chapter left, this looks to be the totality of what there is going to be for that characters path.

9 months for less than he did in 6 for the last update. I bought this one on Steam because of the commitment he showed in the first 4 chapters. I'm going to pass on the next one. The dedication and work ethic is clearly gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Drooskati

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023
The difference is that the chapter 7 scene, she enjoys it and in this one she isn't much of a fan.

The other difference is that if you got a chapter 7 scene, you get nothing in this update. With one chapter left, this looks to be the totality of what there is going to be for that characters path.

9 months for less than he did in 6 for the last update. I bought this one on Steam because of the commitment he showed in the first 4 chapters. I'm going to pass on the next one. The dedication and work ethic is clearly gone.
Some flat out nonsense here. Droosk experienced a drought with his muse … a long period of writer's block where he just couldn't get stuff to meet his expectations. And when the dam broke, the words flowed and the renders followed. To suggest that Droosk has lost dedication is laughable for those of us who know him in the flesh. The enthusiasm he had once the words started to flow was lovely to witness.

You are correct that Bailey was more into it in CH7. Is that really a surprise? In CH7, she was a budding little voyeur who had time to watch and get her engine revving. In CH9, MC and Hannah kind of drop her into the scenario unannounced, and even THAT starts off with Bailey thinking she's in shit with Hannah. It takes some real mental gymnastics to think the mood of both scenes is remotely equivalent.

As for CH9 being smaller than CH8, I don't evaluate the value of a chapter by the number of its words, but we all have our metrics, I guess.

Reactions: Luther Grady

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
12pm PDT, 7pm UTC!

Edit: Assuming I roll out of bed on time :p The update is actually ready to go right now, but I have a schedule to keep :D
Just finished playing through chapter 9, and looking forward to the next update!

One thing I noticed was that your Fae said "thank you" freely. Basically all lore for faery includes a strong discouragement against doing so, as it places a nonspecific debt on the person saying such.

I'm not saying that you're wrong in taking this approach. It's your story and we're just getting to experience it, but I would have expected Oscar (if not others) to have noticed this unexpected behavior and at least to have commented on it, much the same way one would be surprised when meeting a vampire that's fine being out in the sun in the middle of the day.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
View attachment 4024088

Note: By viewing the above image, you are now contractually obligated to go vote for Hannah in round 2 of the "Favorite Redheads" poll on Patreon. You can vote at this link, and it's open to everyone!

Maybe consider tossing Mora from Bare Witness a vote while you're there. You CAN select multiple ladies!
Yep, voted for both the first time and on the revised liat. Two Pathfinder players voted for plus also voted for the D&D DM. Red heads and RPGs, dreams do come true.

Reactions: MakkAnzy

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
When Ch9 will be available for wider audience/lower Patreon tiers aka here free to download? Seems like me refreshing this thread couple times a day does not speed up this process unfortunately :unsure:

Hello, everyone! It's time for an update and the long awaited release schedule! After a successful initial alpha test, I've been able to really dig down and push through a LOT of work. I actually wrote the single largest scene in the entire game, which will be in Chapter 9! It has been an amazing few weeks, and I'm incredibly motivated right now. It feels good!

So, what to expect. I believe that primary art and animation work will be done the weekend of the 16th. I will then shift my focus over to doing the music and sounds, which typically takes a few days at least. Beta testing will be begin no later than the 23rd. Allowing a week for testing and reworking anything they find, here are the likely access times by tier:

• Alorine + Hannah tiers: August 28th
  • Skylar tier: September 2nd
  • Emily tier: September 8th
  • Player tier + Steam and Itch: September 12th
  • Curious tier: September 26th
Note that these are preliminary and subject to change. I do not foresee them changing, but in a live development situation, it's possible. Thank you all for your continued support and I look forward to hearing what you think of Chapter 9!

-Droosk

Luther Grady

Dec 5, 2020
Some flat out nonsense here. Droosk experienced a drought with his muse … a long period of writer's block where he just couldn't get stuff to meet his expectations. And when the dam broke, the words flowed and the renders followed. To suggest that Droosk has lost dedication is laughable for those of us who know him in the flesh. The enthusiasm he had once the words started to flow was lovely to witness.

You are correct that Bailey was more into it in CH7. Is that really a surprise? In CH7, she was a budding little voyeur who had time to watch and get her engine revving. In CH9, MC and Hannah kind of drop her into the scenario unannounced, and even THAT starts off with Bailey thinking she's in shit with Hannah. It takes some real mental gymnastics to think the mood of both scenes is remotely equivalent.

As for CH9 being smaller than CH8, I don't evaluate the value of a chapter by the number of its words, but we all have our metrics, I guess.
I, the Muse be a fickle mistress, indeed.

Luther Grady

Dec 5, 2020
The way I see it, Alora is conflicted by the fact that in order for Alorine to die, Alora must die with her or Alora will die IF Alorine dies. The way I have been reading the story, that's the impression I get. Alora said she cannot kill her sister due to the magical connection they have but someone else could. Now, does this mean Alora has tried? IDK. Regardless. If I'm correct and the player must sacrifice Alora to end Alorine, this is one bitch of a choice the player must make.

At least, for me. Spock's whole "Needs of the many..." BS can suck my ass. Every individual life is precious and one should fight tooth and nail to preserve them.

At least, that's my POV.

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Welp, RandomGuy99 was mean and leaked the update already. So, as usual, rather than allow a rando unknown person spread files that are potentially (and likely) malicious, I've put the update files out myself on the OP. Links have been updated, except for Android. That hasn't been linked since C5, thankfully.

Reminder, if you don't want to deal with download limits, slow speeds, etc, you can download the update directly from me on Patreon via my own private web server. Consider throwing some support.

Enjoy.

4.40 star(s) 61 Votes