4.10 star(s) 36 Votes

RolePlayervn

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2021
Download XnConvert. It's a free image conversion tool that works great. When you produce a CG, render it at full quality. (And many of your images need a denoising filter, especially the low-light, interior shots.) Don't worry too much about the production file size. Then load your PNG files in XnConvert and choose to convert the images to webp. (jpg would also work but I think webp is superior). Under the "Output" tab you can choose the format and quality settings. You can play around with these until you find what you like. I converted the following pics using 80% quality, etc.

Hope this was helpful.
It was. I just converted the preview of 0.1.5(part1)
Original :
mcbd589.png

converted :
View attachment mcbd589_result.webp

Thanks.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
As for modern AVN webp format basically is a must have.
Guess there are no second thoughts about that.
I wouldn't even consider jpg as alternative. True - compared to png, jpg would be a BIG improvement, but still i would advice to use webp.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good game so far I like the possibility of a MMF threesome in the future
Not many games give you that option so if it happens I think it will be awesome.
anyway, good luck with the game dev.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
tons of story but the "eroticism" is there when introduced.
I like it so far, pace is good and u get to know the characters. theres choices, if sharing or not.
I hope the girls will not turn into sluts if u decide to be more frisky with them. since theres romance and cuteness it will be hard to just let some bastard have its way. Im a 1-girl dude, so just one girl will be protected (a bit) while everyone else is free to fuck for anybody. :D this can be a great game if DEV keep its course and not change from the "crybabies" complains.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
It was. I just converted the preview of 0.1.5(part1)
Original :
Thanks.
Sorry, but forgot to mention one other piece of software which will help. Once you convert everything to webp (it also has an alpha channel like PNG, so no need to keep png files), you will have to rename all the image files in your code. This software can do that very efficiently. It's a great tool to bulk rename everything in a file or even folder.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Sorry, but forgot to mention one other piece of software which will help. Once you convert everything to webp (it also has an alpha channel like PNG, so no need to keep png files), you will have to rename all the image files in your code. This software can do that very efficiently. It's a great tool to bulk rename everything in a file or even folder.
I will jump in - agree with everything you said except to defend the poor png format; it is possible with different techniques to get the size down without going to webp, for example I'm looking at my palecarnations install right now and they use 1980x1080 pngs that average around 200-300kb. I don't know what compression algorithms they're using, it's amazing in that the objects depicted are quite pixelated once you zoom in even a bit, but viewing the full image is as sharp as ever.

I guess what I'm saying is I wish I knew more about image compression other than just the resolution, filetype, and say chroma settings, but there's definitely more there. And like he said, stick to either png or webp so you don't lose the alpha.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I think Palecarnation uses webp but they keep the .png extension.
its impossible to have .png 1080p that small if its not tons of empty space.
my game I use WIC and I can load tons of formats, webp included and it doesn't matter what .extension I use in the filename, it will decode it, Im sure it reads the header and use the encoder it require, Im thinking the same the python function, maybe they work in .png before they reencode it before release.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Well I tried it and Im not sure If I liked it or not, or shall check for future updates but you shall check it out if you have the free time.
First of all:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To sum it up:
It's great to have options within the game, and it's also commendable that the game doesn't force any unwanted content upon you, as everything is completely avoidable. However, it seems that the developer themselves have a preference for open relationships, which results in a lack of romance or proper development with the love interest (so far, there's only one in version 0.1.4, namely Freya). The characters come across as robotic since they don't have their own agency and seem to exist solely to cater to the reader/player's preferences.

The other thing is that I'm a fan of fantasy-themed adult games, but I'm not particularly fond of the traditional high fantasy setting like Dungeon and Dragons or lord of the rings but similar to the Battle Brothers Legendary Mod, if I had to provide a visual reference. However, when I came across the developer's comment in #219 where he mentioned that the MC would be traveling through portals and exploring different worlds with various companions, such as Freya's homeworld.
6. Mc will have to travel through many portals and worlds for various reasons and with various companions. eg: Freya's homeworld.

But I think what made makes me lean towards the negative of this game is this:
5. Nora is not a LI. She is a cameo in this story and will have a short kinetic vn of her own. All the lewds of her will be part of that VN.
Still good time waster with good Models and a MC who can be a man from time to time.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to explain something so annoying (this topic is very annoying in this forum), you will know how to understand my doubt since in this forum "ntr" is very broad (some believe that a lesbian scene is ntr :rolleyes:), on the other hand "sharing" is also suddenly misunderstood (it is not the same as what the MC does with threesome with his friend and a girl to have to share with an old bastard for blackmail), but your explanation seems pretty good to me and although I'm not a fan of some of the games you mention (spellbook for example), I believe you when you say that you don't want the MC to be a cuckold, and as long as the MC is not relegated to the background just watching what happens and doesn't focus on that, I think the game is very good, I wish you good luck and don't let yourself be bothered by the haters. (y)

Last edited:

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
However, it seems that the developer themselves have a preference for open relationships, which results in a lack of romance or proper development with the love interest (so far, there's only one in version 0.1.4, namely Freya). The characters come across as robotic since they don't have their own agency and seem to exist solely to cater to the reader/player's preferences.
Sounds like this will be a mindless fuckfest wrapped up in some non sensical story.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Sounds like this will be a mindless fuckfest wrapped up in some non sensical story.
Nah, I'm quite confident that the story will receive much more focus than the romance or explicit content itself. Although there is a brief appearance by a character named Nora, who won't play a significant role in this particular game, she is expected to be the female lead in a different game by the same developer, which might involve explicit themes aka hentai with monster-related content lol :LUL:

It seems to me that in this game, the romance aspect feels somewhat forced, as if it was added to cater to the peoples preferences rather than being an integral part of the story. It's similar to coming across a game where you think, "The story is pretty good and could stand on its own but the adult content being thrown into it makes it odd." For instance, it's unlikely that someone who only enjoys a specific niche like Netorare would write a compelling romance story. Here it's similar related to the romance element. But dont quote me on this since I could be wrong and the really juicy and good stuff comes with the next patch.

Having said that, I don't consider it to be the worst I've seen, but it's also not the best. I wouldn't classify it as a mindless fuckfest, as the main character engages in some meaningful dialogues where he displays intelligence and stands up for himself, putting others in their place when you dont want to share your potential waifus.

Personally, I would recommend waiting for 1-2 updates to get a better understanding of the game's direction. However I can assure you that if you want to avoid sharing your romantic interests with others in the game, you can always use the Walkthrough mod like I did since I dont mind to get more naughty with the girls but dont want them get touched by other guys lol. Thanks RiamMar by the way.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, I'd expect it to fall along the usual lines: Those who are into sharing will like it, those that aren't, won't. As long as it's fully avoidable it shouldn't make much difference, except for the dev time you put into it not going to something else.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
My input as a enthusastic sharing player:
I'd hate orcs, turns things into a non-sexual circus. You have gorgeous human skin renders, put them to use with human men and women getting nasty.

But like fuzzy said above, as long as it's toggleable I'm not really anti anything, choice is always preferable as long as it's not like choice A does X, Y, and z which leads to W while choice B skips and leads to W, then you get people picking choices they dont really like just to not starve on content.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 36 Votes