Re-boner Ocelot

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2020
Is there gallery in this game?
Yes, but not in free build.
Very beautiful and unique art, love this game very much.

I went through game files and came across some pics that I didn't find in the game. Mostly with 'tentacles' (arms?): priest, scout, recruit, mage... probably also one with Patricia. Is there any tip how to see them in the game? Certain game choice needed? Or maybe some of those pics aren't implemented yet?
Thank you very much. For certain reason I had to cut much of the game's content. Some scenes are still available in the gallery room (unfortunately only for the Patreon build). But if someone wants to see all content that was ever in the game, all of these pictures are in my monthly art pack. It contains everything except pictures that was so bad that I just rage deleted their files. :giggle:

It's not like my Patreon promotion, just voicing probably the only way to see all my art.

Is a new start required? I get some errors when I try to load previous saves.
Unfortunately, yes. Don't really know why it happened that way, but looks like old saves won't work now.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Well this is one funny game. :unsure::coffee:
*Fights and destroys sentinel, it just rises again.
Me: Fine, let's look for a gimmick. Found crystal, destroyed it.
Me: Let's try again!
*Fights sentinel again, destroys it, it still rises again.............
Me: Bruh............. closes the game, moves it to the bin.

I'll cum back later, when this shit actually works properly lol. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
I appreciate that an option to change the MC's name was added. Actually does a lot for my immersion, ty dev

arkhemis

Game Developer
Oct 27, 2019
Cya next year, when the saves don't die every update..
hahaha... Not blame you, I guess that problem lies on rpg maker itself. I also making a game with rpg maker and when I made drastic change especially with plugin, that problem always occurs and I forced to start new and make new save.

As long as there is no drastic changes with the fundamental thing like plugin, the save still work tho...CMIIW

Reactions: AinzOoalGown1

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Wow im happy I decided to replay this, I feel like the game actually rewards me for playing it now. (y)

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Question: What's worse for a RPG than seeing that your saves don't work anymore?

Answer: NOTHING is worse.

You are killing your own game, pal.

Re-boner Ocelot

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2020
hahaha... Not blame you, I guess that problem lies on rpg maker itself. I also making a game with rpg maker and when I made drastic change especially with plugin, that problem always occurs and I forced to start new and make new save.

As long as there is no drastic changes with the fundamental thing like plugin, the save still work tho...CMIIW
The situations literally pissed me off because I haven't really changed much and there was only one such case before. Basically 80% of the crashes are due to my Live2d plugin. So this time all I did was just delete one of the old models and add a new one. And that led to such result. I'll try to be more careful with this plugin in the future, although I didn't actually do anything.

Question: What's worse for a RPG than seeing that your saves don't work anymore?

Answer: NOTHING is worse.

You are killing your own game, pal.
I understand that it's somewhat the claims of an amateur, but I'm not lazy to write what I think.

1)I didn't do it on purpose, I don't treat players like garbage. I was creating an update and found on the very last day that the saves didn't work. I tried to fix it for several hours.
2)I myself was so frustrated that I created a special folder with saves to make it easier for you.
3)At this point in the game, there aren't many items/collectibles and ways of progression at all. The enemies are not hard, you don't have a strong need to grind, there is none at all, so any save will be similar to the save of the other players. But again, that doesn't mean that I could have somehow predicted or prevented it all.

Reactions: chovekovek

arkhemis

Game Developer
Oct 27, 2019
The situations literally pissed me off because I haven't really changed much and there was only one such case before. Basically 80% of the crashes are due to my Live2d plugin. So this time all I did was just delete one of the old models and add a new one. And that led to such result. I'll try to be more careful with this plugin in the future, although I didn't actually do anything.
Yeah... the plugins case is so sensitive, even we make a mistake with order also can make some error... Also error mostly happen when we try to explore more of many plugins. Because not all plugin is compatible with each other (like when I try combine battle core from visu and MOG, other cores is fine but not with that one) and more frustrating is, when we sometime don't know what plugin that make it crash.

So I can say the safest way is... Before we do the real project, we can make experiment first with the plugins until we get what we want and make sure that no problem occurs with that plugin formation. But if we must update some plugin and the new plugin make some problem with old save, I guess we can't do anything about it. Because the solution that exist is just start new game and that's suck~ lol (don't know with other but I still can't find any real solution in any rpgm forums out there regarding old save doesn't work beside that...)

4.00 star(s) 17 Votes