3.10 star(s) 91 Votes
Sep 9, 2019
So it's possible to get rid of Eric in the remake too? I didn't t know that.
Yeah it is but there's not much content after you get rid of him. I'm guessing PGN will add more for that oath but for now they've just been focusing on the friendship route.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Yeah it is but there's not much content after you get rid of him. I'm guessing PGN will add more for that oath but for now they've just been focusing on the friendship route.
Cool, I say I'd give it a try but I'm good. Actually reducing my amount of active games. Down to 15 from 30+. BB_AS is definitely in the actives and Power Vacuum. Trying to bring it down to 10 actives but...... The finally cut is proving hard

Reactions: TerryMcGinnis67

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Aren't the saves in your signature for BBAS though? I was talking about the Renpy remake.
I checked that out and it wasn't really different. The remake follows the storyline of the original mostly, so also there most of the content does not involve Eric at all, no matter the path or if he got thrown out already or not.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I checked that out and it wasn't really different. The remake follows the storyline of the original mostly, so also there most of the content does not involve Eric at all, no matter the path or if he got thrown out already or not.
From what I get the remake is basically a copy and paste put together from multiple sources.

Reactions: Nemo56
Sep 9, 2019
I mean, that's something you'd expect from a remake. But they're trying to expand that story and so far they've only done the friendship path so the newer content mostly involves Eric. But majority of the game obviously doesn't.

Sep 9, 2019
Cool, I say I'd give it a try but I'm good. Actually reducing my amount of active games. Down to 15 from 30+. BB_AS is definitely in the actives and Power Vacuum. Trying to bring it down to 10 actives but...... The finally cut is proving hard
Yeah I get that. As far as BB is concerned, I give most games a go but I've mostly just stuck with Glamour and AS. I don't like the renders in most of them. The lighting, the skintones or the faces always look off. AS probably has the closest models I've seen to the original.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
From what I get the remake is basically a copy and paste put together from multiple sources.
That sums it up. They made a few minor changes to the handling, but it's mostly just like the original - which is not a bad thing, one just needs to be aware what he gets.
I think that - apart from the Eric story arc - they included the Smirniy mod, that was the biggest mod for the game back in the days and was a collection of several other mods (shopping weekend, Alice's new job, fuck-everyone-im-her-room), brought a bunch of new sex scenes but even more story inconsistencies.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
The lighting, the skintones or the faces always look off. AS probably has the closest models I've seen to the original.
That's because most of them include a lot of fan art. The first fanart models also looked different than later ones. Another indicator is if you find pics of Alice where she has almost white hair since that artist couldn't get the lighting right.

BBAS uses different lighting, much softer. At some point there was a poll which style supporters prefer and this one was the winner.
Check Lisa in the bathroom however, that's one of the earlier shots, when Aleksey90 tried to match the original's tone.
Since Aleksey90 wants to update all the old renders, better make some screenshots now for historical reasons.

Edit: fixed typos

Last edited:
Reactions: TerryMcGinnis67

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I envy you. I currently have about 70 non adult games installed (not counting game consoles), and about 30 adult ones, but most of them are just relics.

Sep 9, 2019
That's because most of them include a lot of fan art. The first fanart models also looked different than later ones. Another indicator is if you find pics of Alice where she has almost white hair since that artist couldn't get the lightning right.

BBAS uses different lightning, much softer. At some point there was a poll which style supporters prefer and this one was the winner.
Check Lisa in the bathroom however, that's one of the earlier shots, when Aleksey90 tried to match the original's tone.
Since Aleksey90 wants to update all the old renders, better make some screenshots now for historical reasons.
Okay I just looked up the Lisa bathroom render and yeah it does look kinda off. Never really noticed it to be fair. I can see what Aleksey was going for with that one but his other renders look much better, in my opinion.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I envy you. I currently have about 70 non adult games installed (not counting game consoles), and about 30 adult ones, but most of them are just relics.
My Xiaomi 9s could handle the extra games but I switched to a Samsung (freebie and temporary) so coming down to 10 - 15 I believe will keep my system stable. My goal is to invest in an Asus Rog eventually.. Maybe a 3 or 4.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
My Xiaomi 9s could handle the extra games but I switched to a Samsung (freebie and temporary) so coming down to 10 - 15 I believe will keep my system stable. My goal is to invest in an Asus Rog eventually.. Maybe a 3 or 4.
Ah, a tablet :) In my case it's a PC.
On my Phone I only have a couple of games installed, on the tablet even less, just some stuff to play with ScummVM, but no adult games.

ps: My phone is a RealMe Neo2. Fast, enough RAM (12GB), lots of storage and not all too expensive, but their update policy is bonkers. They had to pull back the first release of the last update, now they releasing it very very slowly, I am waiting since May to get it. Well, still better than my last LG where I had a DualSIM variant of their flagship. While the standard version got updates all the time, I got zip.

pss: Hmmm ... looking at the conversations over the last pages, I would say that the last BBAS update didn't keep us occupied for all too long.

Last edited:

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Hmmm ... looking at the conversations over the last pages, I would say that the last BBAS update didn't keep us occupied for all too long
Yup, the drawback of three paths and a small dev team. Might be better if he alternated paths in each release. Hostile then the two friendship paths then back to hostile.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yup, the drawback of three paths and a small dev team. Might be better if he alternated paths in each release. Hostile then the two friendship paths then back to hostile.
I really hope the 3 paths won't continue until the end of the game.

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes