3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
And don't forget that he is aware of the delays (due to him handling a farm now, since he moved) and told his supporters to reduce payments, should they want to continue supporting.

Kojj4

Nov 7, 2018
I'm a pretty patient person and I understand that the game is being created practically anew, but some things prevent me from sleeping well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Many people are aware of this problem, but few know the following:

It used to be a true artist's project, but now it's something ambitious but in its infancy.

Thank you for your attention!
Their excuse now is that they have old cpu? 4 years of milking and now you’re telling the public about this? look at this dev's lies. That was one of the worst lies. Congratulations suckers and keep being cows.

Reactions: JeffM80

Mysters90

May 22, 2022
Their excuse now is that they have old cpu? 4 years of milking and now you’re telling the public about this? look at this dev's lies. That was one of the worst lies. Congratulations suckers and keep being cows.
Nah dude, that's my comment on the developer's statement about better quality and realism.
It's about my ancient laptop that I bought 11 years ago. And on a new one I just don't risk running the game, as the quality will be even worse.
Here is an example below. How it is now, and how it should be approximately:

Reactions: haiweizhi

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Nah dude, that's my comment on the developer's statement about better quality and realism.
It's about my ancient laptop that I bought 11 years ago. And on a new one I just don't risk running the game, as the quality will be even worse.
Here is an example below. How it is now, and how it should be approximately:
In my opinion the second one is overexposed.
The game should look pretty much the same on every lap top however. You can try to use different rendering modes, but it should not make a difference if your drivers are set up correctly.

If you like the overexposed look and have a HDR screen, you can use Windows 11 internal function to "upscale" SDR to HDR. That achieves a similar effect, depending on the setting.

Mysters90

May 22, 2022
In my opinion the second one is overexposed.
The game should look pretty much the same on every lap top however. You can try to use different rendering modes, but it should not make a difference if your drivers are set up correctly.

If you like the overexposed look and have a HDR screen, you can use Windows 11 internal function to "upscale" SDR to HDR. That achieves a similar effect, depending on the setting.
This is just an example as the first part is severely underexposed with incorrect colour balance. The whole problem is in the shades and lighting. It makes the images look flatter and less dynamic. This is a problem that is easily solved in rendering.
Histograms of old renders show that everything was adjusted correctly there and visually it looked great.
I prefer to just play around and make edits to the text, rather than trying to modernise already finished renders. That's a path to nowhere. Everyone should be doing their own thing.
The developer and artist at the same time knows this, but he has no plans to improve himself anytime soon. Sorry, but it's utopia. Why try to improve something later when you need to correct the exposure here and now?
It's kind of ridiculous that visually the third generation models in the game look so much better than the eighth generation models.

Reactions: LFARA

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
It's actually V2 of his work, he already changed lighting and everything. The first part of the legacy version looks a lot different.
Maybe this is how he wants to do it?

The good thing about his current file structure is that he can replace elements of a image without redoing everything. We'll see where it goes.

EberhardtNeun

Jul 30, 2023
I don't post much, but I wanted to emphasize & re-iterate on something that Mysters90 mentioned.

No one would be minding it much, if the content came out at decent speed. Maybe not very fast, but at least consistently and similar to before the rework.
But despite promising that "the rework is gonna make it look so much better, and it will be so much easier to create the scenes" (roughly quoted fromthe statement about why we are reworking a recreation of a re-imagination of the continuation of a game from years ago...) the progress has slowed to a crawl, the quality is maybe marginally better - if at all.
Catching up with the status of the legacy version seems like an impossible task. And that was announced to happen within a year, if I remember correctly?!
So now, it really just seems to be an infinite time sink where, if (!) we ever get a completed experience, it will probably be after GTA seven.

Reactions: Mysters90

Mysters90

May 22, 2022
It's actually V2 of his work, he already changed lighting and everything. The first part of the legacy version looks a lot different.
Maybe this is how he wants to do it?

The good thing about his current file structure is that he can replace elements of a image without redoing everything. We'll see where it goes.
No, it's still the same. Lighting problems in the form of diffuse light and incorrect colour balance.
If Angelo Badalamenti's composition were used here, it would be a real "Twin Peaks". Because everything is done in dark colours.
A few screenshots for comparison:
It's like comparing the detail of 4K and 1080P images. It should be the other way around:(
And I have to quote the developer again:
I would build the game first. And already when it is fully ready and properly lined up, then you can update the graphics in parallel with another project.
I'd be willing to give a damn about the wait if the artist appreciated the detail in the images. He used to, but now he probably doesn't care.
Technology advances and we get soap:confused:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Ok, should not have said "first", but "early". He changed the model during the development of the legacy version and replaced a bunch of renders. I think the one with Lisa in the bath is still original in 0.9.

I am not completely happy with the new style either, especially the "wet" pics in the shower or at the pool look a bit strange, way too shiny.
The 'flat' look .. I'm ok with that. A little stronger shadows would have been nice, but it's definitly better than the old shots were.
While I defnitly also play this game for the visuals (# NeedMoreAlice!), they are not the most imortant aspect for me.

JeffM80

Jun 21, 2017
I don't post much, but I wanted to emphasize & re-iterate on something that Mysters90 mentioned.

No one would be minding it much, if the content came out at decent speed. Maybe not very fast, but at least consistently and similar to before the rework.
But despite promising that "the rework is gonna make it look so much better, and it will be so much easier to create the scenes" (roughly quoted fromthe statement about why we are reworking a recreation of a re-imagination of the continuation of a game from years ago...) the progress has slowed to a crawl, the quality is maybe marginally better - if at all.
Catching up with the status of the legacy version seems like an impossible task. And that was announced to happen within a year, if I remember correctly?!
So now, it really just seems to be an infinite time sink where, if (!) we ever get a completed experience, it will probably be after GTA seven.
The worst thing is, all the poses for the characters are purchased (specifically the sexy ones) so they take 5 seconds to apply.
The characters are taken straight from the BB Fan Art thread.
The story is just the original.
Much of the dialogue is stolen from the original (don't know if that's the case in the Russian version).
Guy has people on their knees to test for him.

He doesn't exactly have much to do. It's not like he's doing anything special code-wise.
Even his preview images are low-effort. Un-rendered DAZ scenes? Seriously? Who posts those?

Aleksey still has more content in the Fan Art thread than his game. It's been years...
(Also said content looks better because he hadn't fucked up the lighting yet)

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
Your best move right now is playing the legacy version and hope that your kids will be able to play the finished rebuild during their lifetime.
Correct me if I am wrong but it is not complete as well, I mean yes there is more content but not a complete project - story - game also no happy fun times; right?

Reactions: EberhardtNeun

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Correct me if I am wrong but it is not complete as well, I mean yes there is more content but not a complete project - story - game also no happy fun times; right?
Yep. Alice has some sex scenes, but never going further than a BJ.

Reactions: armion82

jan^s

Dec 19, 2019
So could this be classified as a perpetual project never really meant to be finished?
I really do appreciate devs (I can count on one hand the devs) who state intended goals with a mind set of completion not reiteration.

Asking for JSWI...

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
So could this be classified as a perpetual project never really meant to be finished?
I really do appreciate devs (I can count on one hand the devs) who state intended goals with a mind set of completion not reiteration.

Asking for JSWI...
The dev isn't going to come out and say he intends to keep on remaking the same RenPy game until people stop paying, but most WEG don't get finished - so I'm sure you can figure out what's likely to happen with this game that has two or three remakes running at the same time.

Reactions: EberhardtNeun

Mysters90

May 22, 2022

Asking for JSWI...
Let's look at the numbers.
The first update to Chapter 1 was almost one year ago.
By the end of the month, they promise a fourth update of Chapter 1. Then two more updates, and Chapter 1 is complete.
So, if nothing changes, Chapter 1 will be out in its entirety for a year and a half.
According to preliminary estimates, they plan to release 5 Chapters in total.
1.5x5=7.5 years.
A year has passed, and there are only 6.5 years left.))

If anything, these are just statistics.

elbro

Nov 22, 2020

Asking for JSWI...
Because of the game format of being a boy who conquers the women of the house, it ends when he conquers them all, so there is end to it, but does the creator of the game really want to finish this project? If he were a talented game creator he would finish this game and create another one but it seems like he wants to keep this project alive for a long time.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
By the end of the month, they promise a fourth update of Chapter 1. Then two more updates, and Chapter 1 is complete.
So, if nothing changes, Chapter 1 will be out in its entirety for a year and a half.
1.5x5=7.5 years.

your numbers may turn out to be off if he starts milking another cow... :KEK:

JeffM80

Jun 21, 2017
1.5x5=7.5 years.

Keep in mind that games which aren't purely linear get more complicated as they are updated and therefore take longer and longer to make.

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes