3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
After previous discussions about mood and relation of NPCs (Ann, Alice, Lisa, ...) I had a look at the script to find more details.

Note :
While both mood and relmax are attributes of the class Profile(Chrs), most functions to access these attributes are defined outside the class, so spreading the code and related internal parameters over files and violating some basic principles of object oriented programming. Both mood and relmax with all their details probably would deserve to be defined as own classes or their functions / methods at least should be part of class Profile(Chrs).

Both mood and relation points can be monitored using the cheat mod by Niv-Mizzet the Firemind :
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-v0-07-p1-02-aleksey90.43101/post-6730967

1. Mood

attribute : mood
Mood ranges from -435 to 435.
Code:
                       mood <= -285 : -4, "Terrible"
                -285 < mood <= -165 : -3, "Very bad"
                -165 < mood <= -75  : -2, "Bad"
                -75  < mood <= -15  : -1, "So so"
                -15  < mood <=  15  :  0, "Neutral"
                 15  < mood <=  75  :  1, "Not bad"
                 75  < mood <=  165 :  2, "Good"
                165  < mood <=  285 :  3, "Very good"
                285  < mood         :  4, "Wonderful"
(see method GetMood() )

Mood is raised or lowered based on Max' actions.
(see function AddRelMood(char, rel, mood, rel_limit=None) )

Mood tends to go back to neutral over time.
- Positive mood goes down by 1 point for every 10 min passed in the game time (or -144 points per ingame day).
- Negative mood goes up by 3 point for every 10 min passed.
(see function MoodNeutralize() )

2. Relation (= attitude towards Max)

In contrast to original BB, relation is based on a point system with levels instead of the former system of discrete levels.
attribute : relmax
Relation ranges from -450 to 2000.

Start values :
Ann 250
Lisa 150
Alice 0

Code:
                   rel <= -300 : -3, "War"
            -300 < rel <= -100 : -2, "Hostile"
            -100 < rel <   0   : -1, "Rocky"
            0    <= rel < 100  :  0, "Acquainted"
            100  <= rel < 300  :  1, "Not bad"
            300  <= rel < 600  :  2, "Good"
            600  <= rel < 1000 :  3, "Warm"
            1000 <= rel < 1500 :  4, "Friendly"
            1500 <= rel        :  5, "Very close"
(see function GetRelMax(char) )

Relation in absolute points is raised or lowered based on Max' actions. Some actions only raise relation until a certain relation level is reached.
(see function AddRelMood(char, rel, mood, rel_limit=None) )

Relation can also be raised or lowered in fractions or multiples of complete relation levels, often used at milestones to push relation as reward for quest progress.
(see function AttitudeChange(char, level) )

3. Example

Washing the dishes can change relation and mood :

$ AddRelMood('alice', 10, 60, 2)
Doing the dishes in the morning raises Alice' relation by 10 until level 2 "good" is reached and improves mood by 60.

$ AddRelMood('lisa', 5, 60, 2)
Doing the dishes in the evening raises Lisa's relation by 5 until level 2 "good" is reached and improves mood by 60.

There are about 179 uses of AddRelMood(char, rel, mood, rel_limit=None) and about 46 uses of AttitudeChange(char, level) in the script, however due to effort to first translate russian texts to english it is very laborious for a non-russian-speaking person to check all these occurences to find more useful examples.

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
In friends path of Eric, Max will interrupt them or not?
Unlikely on the friends path. I was supposed to be on the "pretend to be friends" path but at some point the game bugged. I am 100% certain I took the actions recommended to get the "pretend" path, yet ended up on the friends path. A save posted a little while back got me on to the "pretend" path but by that time it was probably past the point of these lessons, so I can't say if you get it on that path.

Either way, I didn't see any scene at all like this, with or without the opportunity to interrupt.

I'd start again but I don't feel like spending several hours replaying just to find out if I can get this scene.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
In friends path of Eric, Max will interrupt them or not?
Unlikely on the friends path. I was supposed to be on the "pretend to be friends" path but at some point the game bugged. I am 100% certain I took the actions recommended to get the "pretend" path, yet ended up on the friends path. A save posted a little while back got me on to the "pretend" path but by that time it was probably past the point of these lessons, so I can't say if you get it on that path.

Either way, I didn't see any scene at all like this, with or without the opportunity to interrupt.

I'd start again but I don't feel like spending several hours replaying just to find out if I can get this scene.
It will be on friend path, next update, pt2. And no I don't think Max will interrupt, but likely just watch.

Reactions: quorkboy

BorrXL

Jan 6, 2018
This is war path, searching for dirt on Eric, that's what I'm playing now. In monday after dinner quickly, or after help wash the dishes I can either intervene, or put a sleeping pill or laxative and this scene will simply not happen. And Eric intervenes and shouts at Max, like you're screwed... So I want to know in friendship with Eric Max allows them to continue or also intervenes.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
This is war path, searching for dirt on Eric, that's what I'm playing now. In monday after dinner quickly, or after help wash the dishes I can either intervene, or put a sleeping pill or laxative and this scene will simply not happen. And Eric intervenes and shouts at Max, like you're screwed... So I want to know in friendship with Eric Max allows them to continue or also intervenes.
I have not seen this

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
Right now in friend path, It does not happen. We don't know yet what will happen in pt2 friendship path. We do know that it will take place in friendship path pt2. I don't think Max would intervene if he's really friends with Eric. Most likely, spy by cam, or just peek. The only dirt you can get on Eric right now is the 2 pics of Eric, 1 outside, and 1 inside Alice's room.

Reactions: BorrXL

ANGEL_KATE

Nov 18, 2018
Right now in friend path
hello, need your help in opening this picture (under the spoiler)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The manual has the following description about Alice with a spider in the bathroom:
If Alice is alone in bath in the morning. You can use spiders. Alice will ask you for two things, one is to give
her a towel. And the other is to rid her of the spider. If you have the ability to persuade well, you can tease
her.

Next time you go to Alice's bathroom with a spider, if you have a high level of persuasion and a good relationship with Alice. You can select the "towel down Alice" option.
Question: "towel down Alice" and the text in the picture below (under the spoiler, this is the same dialogue. Or different?
If these are two different options, then what should Max do so that Alice taps his ear in the bathroom.
View attachment 20-10-LT1.save

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
hello, need your help in opening this picture (under the spoiler)
The manual has the following description about Alice with a spider in the bathroom:
If Alice is alone in bath in the morning. You can use spiders. Alice will ask you for two things, one is to give
her a towel. And the other is to rid her of the spider. If you have the ability to persuade well, you can tease
her.

Next time you go to Alice's bathroom with a spider, if you have a high level of persuasion and a good relationship with Alice. You can select the "towel down Alice" option.
Question: "towel down Alice" and the text in the picture below (under the spoiler, this is the same dialogue. Or different?
If these are two different options, then what should Max do so that Alice taps his ear in the bathroom.
View attachment 1471236
You can do more than this:
The higher the level of Max's relationship with Alice is better
If you have a problem again, ask and we will help.
P.s: long time no see !

pisagor88

Jul 8, 2018
I couldn't get past this in the blog post
I'm going to spy on the room on wednesday but i can't catch eric talking to alice
what should i do please help

Adsız.png

OnlyOnce1

Jan 7, 2018
Is there any possibility to fix the bug with Lisa never spoke about Alice's secret, so I have no candies in online shop?
I mean, without starting a new game? This stucks every other events.

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
Is there any possibility to fix the bug with Lisa never spoke about Alice's secret, so I have no candies in online shop?
I mean, without starting a new game? This stucks every other events.
There is no bug in this event. send your latest save file to checked

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Alas, there is. Game began with last version and continued with last bugfix. No cheats. But Lisa keeps silence.
I take a quick shot and place my bet on her mood level being the reason. That's ALWAYS the reason. That or drug abuse in front of the PC. :D

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes