Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
Hello.
For the unofficial version 0.20.014 I started with a German translation. With the English texts this works relatively problem-free, unfortunately also many texts are available only in the Russian original. Since I do not know Russian, I must trust completely on DeepL. Therefore some sentences sound a bit bumpy. Besides, I did not play through every path in the game. Therefore I am always grateful for suggestions for improvement and help.
Many thanks in advance.

I am posting here only the files I have already translated, the rest will follow bit by bit. In the config file the language must be set to "1", this is the original English translation. So there is a mix of English, Russian and German language: Russian only if there is no translation; English only if I have not yet translated the text into German.

---

Hallo.
Für die inoffizielle Version 0.20.014 habe ich mit einer deutschen Übersetzung angefangen. Bei den englischen Texten klappt das relativ problemlos, leider sind auch viele Texte nur im russischen Original vorhanden. Da ich jedoch kein Russisch beherrsche, muss ich dabei ganz auf DeepL vertrauen. Daher klingen einige Sätze etwas holprig. Außerdem habe ich nicht jeden Pfad im Spiel durchgespielt. Daher bin ich für Verbesserungsvorschläge und Hilfe jederzeit dankbar.
Vielen Dank im voraus.

Ich poste hier nur die Dateien, die ich bereits übersetzt habe, der Rest folgt nach und nach. In der Config-Datei muss die Sprache auf "1" stehen, das ist ursprünglich die englische Übersetzung. Es kommt daher zu einem Mix aus englischer, russischer und deutscher Sprache: Russisch nur dann, wenn es keine Übersetzung gibt; Englisch nur dann, wenn ich den Text noch nicht ins Deutsche übersetzt habe.

Last edited:

lewdgamerxxx

Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Hello.
For the unofficial version 0.20.014 I started with a German translation. With the English texts this works relatively problem-free, unfortunately also many texts are available only in the Russian original. Since I do not know Russian, I must trust completely on DeepL. Therefore some sentences sound a bit bumpy. Besides, I did not play through every path in the game. Therefore I am always grateful for suggestions for improvement and help.
Many thanks in advance.

I am posting here only the files I have already translated, the rest will follow bit by bit. In the config file the language must be set to "1", this is the original English translation. So there is a mix of English, Russian and German language: Russian only if there is no translation; English only if I have not yet translated the text into German.

---

Hallo.
Für die inoffizielle Version 0.20.014 habe ich mit einer deutschen Übersetzung angefangen. Bei den englischen Texten klappt das relativ problemlos, leider sind auch viele Texte nur im russischen Original vorhanden. Da ich jedoch kein Russisch beherrsche, muss ich dabei ganz auf DeepL vertrauen. Daher klingen einige Sätze etwas holprig. Außerdem habe ich nicht jeden Pfad im Spiel durchgespielt. Daher bin ich für Verbesserungsvorschläge und Hilfe jederzeit dankbar.
Vielen Dank im voraus.

Ich poste hier nur die Dateien, die ich bereits übersetzt habe, der Rest folgt nach und nach. In der Config-Datei muss die Sprache auf "1" stehen, das ist ursprünglich die englische Übersetzung. Es kommt daher zu einem Mix aus englischer, russischer und deutscher Sprache: Russisch nur dann, wenn es keine Übersetzung gibt; Englisch nur dann, wenn ich den Text noch nicht ins Deutsche übersetzt habe.
The un-translated russian text do not appear in the game. Also you can edit the big-brother config file to allow for three languages.
Also you can use an app called BBTRANS.

I've been translating this game since v17 and I know the common problems that occur during translation.

Feel free to ask!

Last edited:

lewdgamerxxx

Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
Depends on string. Some strings will fallback to first language and some will be blank.
the lines starting with # are untranslated.
the lines starting with # are ignored in the code. they are only used to indicate the heading of an event.

Last edited:

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
Also you can use an app called BBTRANS.
I don't know if you know the German language, but automatic translations into German do not work very well. So in German there is not only one article like in English (the), but three. Then we continue with declension and conjugation. All in all, it is simply too complex for a fast automatic translation, so I have to translate each sentence individually.

But thanks for your helpfulness!

Reactions: lewdgamerxxx

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Hello.
Many thanks in advance.

---

Hallo.
Vielen Dank im voraus.

Are you sure you are a german? There are so many mistakes. Never seen in the german language such a text "(short text), (one word, in that case "dass"), (short text)". You cannot comma, write one word then comma again -.-

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
Are you sure you are a german? There are so many mistakes. Never seen in the german language such a text "(short text), (one word, in that case "dass"), (short text)". You cannot comma, write one word then comma again -.-
Yes, I am German. And I try to translate the texts without errors. But I'm well aware that I won't always be able to do that, because then at some point my concentration will fade.
But I had already written up there that I would ask for suggestions for improvement and help. So instead of throwing something vague at my head, please give me the exact text passages and I will correct them.
But apart from that: The claim that the texts contain "so many mistakes" I strictly reject, because I know German well enough for that.

EDIT:
I just picked out a small text passage as an example:
"Ich habe mit Kira gesprochen und es stellte sich heraus, dass Eric sie erpresst, also tut sie es für mich! Sie hat Angst, dass, wenn Eric das Video zeigt, ich ins Militärlager gehe und sie aus dem Haus geworfen wird."
The spelling is absolutely correct. If you see a mistake... sorry, but then you seem to be the one with a slight spelling problem.
And if my school knowledge does not deceive me (long time ago), then this insertion is called parenthesis (auf Deutsch Parenthese).

Last but not least: Do you have even the slightest idea how much text that is? I try to translate the text into a German language that is used by native speakers in their everyday life. But as I said, at some point my concentration fades or I can't think of a better sentence. Or I simply leave the sentence because it fits and it is quite understandable.
Apart from that, I don't have a proofreader who reads the texts again afterwards. I did that in another game (Man of the House), where the translator also accidentally made some mistakes. Then you help the translator, he corrects it and good. But naming unspecific passages, peppered with personal reproaches, are not helpful at all!
Let me quote Thumper from Bambi: "If you don't have anything nice to say, you should keep your mouth shut!

Addendum:
Download renewed, new files included.

Last edited:

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Let me quote Thumper from Bambi:
Don't bite his/her head off, tiger. Sometimes it is worth to start kicking things after waiting for some time. It was just a small remark and you went ballistic.

Thanks for making an effort to improve this game in your language.

Reactions: Reddead

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
Don't bite his/her head off, tiger. Sometimes it is worth to start kicking things after waiting for some time. It was just a small remark and you went ballistic.

Thanks for making an effort to improve this game in your language.
Actually you're right, I could have waited a little bit before answering. And his comment on the translation is perhaps only a small criticism, which of course should be accepted.
But what really triggered me was the question whether I was really German. And then he himself fails even at simple German spelling rules.
Well, anyway, it does not stop me from translating. I do it mainly for myself, but I also make it available to other German players who might be able to use it. :)

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
Yes, I am German. And I try to translate the texts without errors. But I'm well aware that I won't always be able to do that, because then at some point my concentration will fade.
But I had already written up there that I would ask for suggestions for improvement and help. So instead of throwing something vague at my head, please give me the exact text passages and I will correct them.
But apart from that: The claim that the texts contain "so many mistakes" I strictly reject, because I know German well enough for that.

EDIT:
I just picked out a small text passage as an example:
"Ich habe mit Kira gesprochen und es stellte sich heraus, dass Eric sie erpresst, also tut sie es für mich! Sie hat Angst, dass, wenn Eric das Video zeigt, ich ins Militärlager gehe und sie aus dem Haus geworfen wird."
The spelling is absolutely correct. If you see a mistake... sorry, but then you seem to be the one with a slight spelling problem.
And if my school knowledge does not deceive me (long time ago), then this insertion is called parenthesis (auf Deutsch Parenthese).

Last but not least: Do you have even the slightest idea how much text that is? I try to translate the text into a German language that is used by native speakers in their everyday life. But as I said, at some point my concentration fades or I can't think of a better sentence. Or I simply leave the sentence because it fits and it is quite understandable.
Apart from that, I don't have a proofreader who reads the texts again afterwards. I did that in another game (Man of the House), where the translator also accidentally made some mistakes. Then you help the translator, he corrects it and good. But naming unspecific passages, peppered with personal reproaches, are not helpful at all!
Let me quote Thumper from Bambi: "If you don't have anything nice to say, you should keep your mouth shut!

Addendum:
Download renewed, new files included.
1. Es zwingt dich niemand den Text so schnell wie möglich zu vollenden.
2. Strg + F, dann suchst du nach "dass,".
3. Ein zweites Komma ist bei dem Satz "Sie hat Angst, dass wenn ich ..." komplett überflüssig.
4. Klar, die deutsche Übersetzung muss nicht perfekt sein, die englische ist da um einiges schlimmer dran, aber man sollte die deutsche, als Deutscher schon verstehen können.

Reddead

Apr 26, 2017
1. Es zwingt dich niemand den Text so schnell wie möglich zu vollenden.
2. Strg + F, dann suchst du nach "dass,".
3. Ein zweites Komma ist bei dem Satz "Sie hat Angst, dass wenn ich ..." komplett überflüssig.
4. Klar, die deutsche Übersetzung muss nicht perfekt sein, die englische ist da um einiges schlimmer dran, aber man sollte die deutsche, als Deutscher schon verstehen können.
1. Es zwingt dich niemand, meine Übersetzung zu nutzen. Und inwieweit ich mich "zwinge" etwas zu tun, das lass mal meine Sorge sein.
2. Ich durchsuche bestimmt nicht die gesamten Texte, nur weil du meinst, irgendwo einen Fehler gefunden zu haben.
3. Nein, ist es nicht. Da du die Definition von Parenthese offensichtlich nicht nachgeschlagen hast, hier für dich:
"Parenthese ist in der Grammatik die Bezeichnung für einen Teil einer Äußerung, der innerhalb eines (anderen) Satzes vorkommt, aber nicht in seine syntaktische Struktur integriert ist." Und genau darum handelt es sich bei dem von mir zitierten Beispiel.
4. Wenn dir meine Übersetzung nicht gefällt, steht es dir vollkommen frei, selbst eine zu erstellen. Oder du änderst die Passagen, die dir nicht gefallen, auf deinem PC ab und hast sofort ein besseres Spielerlebnis.
Sinnvoller wäre es natürlich, konstruktive Hilfe zu leisten, indem du konkrete Textpassagen nennst und im Zusammenhang damit auch akzeptierst, wenn du mal falsch liegst. Vorwürfe der Marke "Bist du dir sicher, daß du Deutscher bist?" rauszuhauen, sind definitiv nicht konstruktiv!
5. Ich wiederhole mich: Es zwingt dich niemand, meine Übersetzung zu nutzen.
6. "...aber man sollte die deutsche, als Deutscher schon verstehen können." Das Komma da ist überflüssig. Bist du dir sicher, daß du Deutscher bist?
Das war jetzt nur, damit du mal deine eigene Medizin schmeckst.
7. Da dies hier ein englischsprachiges Forum ist, ist es etwas unhöflich, Postings nur auf Deutsch zu verfassen.

1. Nobody forces you to finish the text as fast as possible.
2. Ctrl + F, then you search for "that,".
3. A second comma is completely superfluous in the sentence "She is afraid that if I ...".
4. Sure, the German translation doesn't have to be perfect, the English one is much worse off, but you should be able to understand the German one, as a German.
1. Nobody forces you to use my translation. And to what extent I "force" myself to do something, let me worry about that.
2. I certainly don't search through all the texts just because you think you have found an error somewhere.
3. No, it's not. Since you obviously did not look up the definition of parenthesis, here for you:
"In grammar, parenthesis is the term for a part of an utterance that occurs within a (different) sentence but is not integrated into its syntactic structure." And this is exactly what the example I quoted is about.
4. If you do not like my translation, you are completely free to create one yourself. Or you can change the passages you don't like on your PC and immediately have a better gaming experience.
Of course, it would make more sense to give constructive help by naming concrete text passages and accepting them in connection with it if you are wrong. To blurt out accusations of the brand "Are you sure you are German?" are definitely not constructive!
5. I repeat myself: Nobody forces you to use my translation.
6: "...but you should be able to understand the German, as a German." The comma is superfluous (in a german sentence). Are you sure that you are German?
That was just to give you a taste of your own medicine.
7. Since this is an english speaking forum, it is a bit rude to post in german only.

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Please consider giving constructive feedback and forgive initial reaction to your first comments about translation. It is a lot easier to improve translation over time than get it perfect on first try.

zeeeer

Apr 20, 2020
How can I open
availability of sex on TV (phrases - Can we have some fun?) ?
anyone can share save file that end of original brother? i want re start this mod from origin

lukpg

Mar 11, 2020
help i stucked!!!!
i go olivia path and can't go to olivia's house
i can just let her come to my house after giving sleeping pills to lisa
pls help

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 8 Votes