Tycho86

Jan 25, 2018
@DarkSilver - Have anybody mentioned MakerSupport yet, an alternate patreon like site. I hope it's not forbidden to mention, because then I'm sorry. But if enough of you creators go there, people will also start to come. Of what I can see, Sargon of Akkad (a free speech advocate) is the biggest on the platform right now.

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
But a lot of content between family members should be removed anyway.
I'm a bit depressed right now, frankly speaking.
Can ridiculous plot with weird dialogues (all can be easily modded by some anonymous user :) ) be an option?
_____
- "Hi folks, my childhood friend Kira is coming."
- "Lisa, how can you sleep naked in one room with Max, he's a complete stranger to you?"
- "Alice, I need a job to support us all... disregarding the fact that we are strangers and not a family..."

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Man, you really HAD to know that patreon was going to come after you, they came after EVERYONE but you, EVERYONE took measures to prevent patreon stick, some even took preemptive measures, I just can't believe you thought everything was gonna be hunky dory forever with you being one of the biggest creators on all patreon, and having a game that literally says in the title "Incest story of your life".

this subject has already been widely debated by users and devs, the measures are already on the table, I really hope you took the time to change the game while patreon was after DMD and DoD and everyone else, otherwise it was really stupid of you

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Who knows. Most devs had to remove incest but created patches to add incest back. But BB is much more complex than renpy VNs like DMD so it's hard to say. And knowing DS he would agree with Patreon if he could. My guess is that Max will become step-son but we won't have a patch to make him blood related again
Actually it isn't that hard in Unity.

Actually DS could change the incest problem easily. Max would be an adopted child, then he wouldn't be related by blood nor would it be real incest and of course the family would treat him like a real family member with calling him son or brother. DS would only need to change a few things, that it would be clear that Max isn't related by blood.
No they don't care of it is blood related or simply adopted/step children.

No Faerin did not make a xml file. Some evil modder did to restore that evil content that he had to to take out.
Yes but there is no reason why DS couldn't make an XML file to change the relationships and with a little editing of the script to use those mappings.xml parameters so we could easily replace the new mapping.xml with the incest version.

Reactions: Ignazzio

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
@DarkSilver, if you need help with changing dialogue lines to something else (landlady/tenants, exchange student, whatever), I'm sure a lot of us here would want to help. I'm not sure what the best way to do it is though, perhaps a GitHub with all the dialogue lines?

greenymph

Oct 2, 2016
@DarkSilver
To be honest, you don't have to change a thing in the game at all. I don't know what state in development Glamour is, but you guys should really get a working release available on patreon asap. Next, set up a webpage for your studio and move Big Brother completly to it, providing your patrons with an access code or something like that.

You should still be able to do polls and progress reports about Big Brother on patreon, though releasing the teaser images could be a little more tricky.

It would be the easiest way to get going without having to butcher up the game.

Reactions: TheKyu and Leah

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017
They said about some concers about underage, but it's a not a real problem for now. We have a good disclamer at the beginning of the game and there is no age mentions in the game at all.

But a lot of content between family members should be removed anyway.

I'm a bit depressed right now, frankly speaking.
Chin up, if there is a will there is a way. :D Maybe if you could change the mom, sis and bro etc to them using their names. And do a rewrite of the intro explaining that you are all students at a home owned by Ann. Then have a patch, that revers it back to how it's original with mom, sis etc. That might be the easiest way? I don't know. Or have it locked behind a password that the players can type inn when they are in the menu.

Maybe you should take a look at what @a1fox3 said. it might be something.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Leah

May 21, 2017
@DarkSilver
To be honest, you don't have to change a thing in the game at all. I don't know what state in development Glamour is, but you guys should really get a working release available on patreon asap. Next, set up a webpage for your studio and move Big Brother completly to it, providing your patrons with an access code or something like that.

You should still be able to do polls and progress reports about Big Brother on patreon, though releasing the teaser images could be a little more tricky.

It would be the easiest way to get going without having to butcher up the game.
I think this is the way to go. Since Glamour doesn't have any incestuous content from what I gather, you can make it so that Glamour can become the main focal point of your Patreon page, but include a link to a wikia or something of that ilk that contains info on both Glamour and Big Brother.

Exactly how you'd feed updates to people and communicate this to your patrons I don't know. Not sure if Patreons rules will allow you to say their service is a self-righteous, overly-sensitive, free-speech destroying pile of miserable shite whilst linking to somewhere else where we can FINALLY FUCK ANN SWEET JESUS... but I digress.

There are loopholes and workarounds for everything, and I'm too invested in this game to just up and bail when bullshit like this happens, and given how most people who play this game are also avid followers (occasionally highly unpleasant but still avid) I don't think there's much to worry about once this initial medley of bollocks settles down.

Still doesn't stop it from being bollocks though.

Reactions: greenymph

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017
I think this is the way to go. Since Glamour doesn't have any incestuous content from what I gather, you can make it so that Glamour can become the main focal point of your Patreon page, but include a link to a wikia or something of that ilk that contains info on both Glamour and Big Brother.

Exactly how you'd feed updates to people and communicate this to your patrons I don't know. Not sure if Patreons rules will allow you to say their service is a self-righteous, overly-sensitive, free-speech destroying pile of miserable shite whilst linking to somewhere else where we can FINALLY FUCK ANN SWEET JESUS... but I digress.

There are loopholes and workarounds for everything, and I'm too invested in this game to just up and bail when bullshit like this happens, and given how most people who play this game are also avid followers (occasionally highly unpleasant but still avid) I don't think there's much to worry about once this initial medley of bollocks settles down.

Still doesn't stop it from being bollocks though.
Hmm so, put Glamour up. And let Big Brother be downloadable from a homepage that you setup, and where you could put out previews as well. People pay the same but get both. That should be doable.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
@DarkSilver Your best bet would be to speak to Faerin, maker of the game 'Man of the House'.

His game is incest based and made with Unity just like yours. He simply stripped the incest out and created a 'Patreon friendly' face for his game. Ahem, I mean some unscupulous indicidual did all of that afainst his wishes.

He then added back in all of the taboo's with a patch. If he can do it, you can do the same.

Might lose a few days worth of dev time 'fxing' it for Patreon, but it's better than losing the whole thing, or having to drop it from your Patreon page.

You'd obviously need to update your overview too to represent whatever fakery your game presents itself as pre-lewdpatch.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
What for? Age was never a topic on game. A content to celebrate her 19th birthday with taking her virginity might be solving this problem!
Calm man, age was not a topic, but such a charge underage appeared. Maybe it can be solved this way but it's better not to pull movie thread because it gets "hot" around the game

redevil70

Sep 2, 2017
Se non sbaglio, anche il creatore del sogno del desiderio ha usato un metodo come quello usando una patch che ha apposto nomi e relazioni nel gioco

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
@DarkSilver Your best bet would be to speak to Faerin, maker of the game 'Man of the House'.

He then added back in all of the taboo's with a patch. If he can do it, you can do the same.

Might lose a few days worth of dev time 'fxing' it for Patreon, but it's better than losing the whole thing, or having to drop it from your Patreon page.

You'd obviously need to update your overview too to represent whatever fakery your game presents itself as pre-lewdpatch.
NO, Faerin changed the game to be in COMPLETE compliance with Patreon. It was an EVIL un-named NASTY hacker (hero) that made the Mod to break Patreon's rules. So sad but there is nothing poor Faerin can do to stop those NASTY hackers. :)

What for? Age was never a topic on game. A content to celebrate her 19th birthday with taking her virginity might be solving this problem!
For Age issues the simple solution is to change the clothes models wear(to make the model appear older) on Patreon. It might also help to change hair styles, as that can also alter apparent age. This HAS been done by others.

I don't know how easy a patch would work with the current size of the game, but I hope things can go back to how they were soon. We NEED to have arguments about NAKED Yoga and how many images it will include (4-7 for yoga and 18 for the post Yoga SEX). I miss the detailed discussions of Massage techniques (and post Massage SEX).

Just some thoughts.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes