gahgahz

Jul 4, 2017
I understand it.
And i really believe that you believe that Glamour is going to be amazing.

But after they are done with the No-No topics now, do you really think that that's it ?.
That they will leave you to work in peace?.
Come one, you can't be that naive..

I understand that Patreon is the only Rock Solid platform, but this stuff is happening since 5 or 6 months ago.
In my mind, that's more then enough time to create something alternative.
And it don't has to be as complicated as Patreon, but if just a couple devs would have put their hands together in de last couple months then there would be a "new" patreon already.
That is the thing that annoys me the most..... Instead of working together for something better, that almost everybody just decided to wait it out..

For the last couple of weeks a couple of previous collegues and me(financial support) are working on a concept for a adult site(2 of them used to work for Paypal so they know a little bit what they are doing) but that's obviously still a couple months from finished because there are many, many things we need to work out.
But we have done so many things in 3 weeks that i know for sure that a couple devs together could have created something already by now.
speaking of naivety i think you need to look closer to home.. you really think theres an easy fix to this?

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Did I correct understand there is no anymore version after 0.13 due Patreon problem ?
My cannon will be that after the events of 0.13 they died in a car crash. So there you have it, Lisa died a virgin and ascended directly to heaven.

Reactions: bornsinner

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
I've seen a message he has received from Patreon. He can't mod it nor do anything with it. In case of DMD Dots has to even send idea for his new game to his reviewer to gain their approval so renaming won't give much I suppose. DMD was also modded and there is really well justified worry about all games with such a theme that were already suspended. Life is about money so devs will try to adjust themselves
Nothing personal here....But I simply do not believe even a single word of that!
Especially considering that many other games were in the same exact situation as DS is in now and all are now back (AFTER REVIEW) with minor tweaks and changes to their Patreon Page. One game (MotH) did a quick character readjustment to remove the incest. Others have added a Character naming routine at the start of their game that allows you to return the game to an Incest theme by simply naming the characters from default to mom, dad, sister, and brother.

And DS' statement I quoted below tends to prove what I'm saying

True words mate, if he really want to continue with BB he have alternative route to go, he can simple rename the game.
The Drop project it's not a option here it's just a wish.
It's work no matter what method he chooses. I can understand why he may be tired of making this game and just ready to move on (and put his work effort) towards something else.

I am going to throw this thought out here since I think it may have been missed by most if not all of us.

DS wants BB to die so they can work on something else.

He's already stated that he doesn't really "get" the whole incest angle.

But he felt obligated to do it since he made so much money off it .

So this would have been the way out for him as Patreon cracks down.
The Convenient Inconvenience theory? LOL
I agree with you to a degree that his interest in the game has waned and perhaps he is less inclined to put in the effort to save this game as he might have if he didn't have another game all ready to go on Patreon and start collecting funds.
That said let's be clear that DS didn't create this situation, he just ignored a situation others have been dealing with the last three months and Patreon finally got around to him and BB.
Now the question is (and I'm sure he is debating internally) is...
Does he like doing this game enough to make the effort or arrangement to keep it going either on Patreon or some other venue...
Does he finish the rest of the game and make a completed work without any monthly support so he can make money on One Off sales of the completed game.
Or does he just give us the V13, and leave the game as an uncompleted work and move onto a different game?

He's been told it's not moddable, and I don't really see a reason not to believe it. The game is pretty heavily incest centered, and even if you call them roommates, it still has a family vibe to it. Plus there is the blackmail stuff you mentioned. That's probably a contributing factor, and perhaps a major one. DS also mentioned Patreon had some lesser concerns with the appearance of some of the characters.
Like I said above...Other games have gotten away with making mods...I see no reason why they would single out this one. As for the content being blackmail there are so many games like that who aren't being reviewed by them I doubt highly that is a factor. And characters LOOKING young should not be a factor since the ages stated at the beginning are all of age.
The truth is what makes this game incest is all in the dialogue. So that is the only thing that really needs changing.
If they were all roomates or lived in a boarding house there would be no basis for Patreon to ban the product.
But that is a LOT of work to go over line by line and make changes and I'm not sure but the way he has handled dialogue and descriptions may mean that once changed to comply it might never be changed back.

If he manages to mod the current game in a way that it can be modded back to incest easily it could even be a blessing to us and to DS himself. He would no longer feel constrained by the Incest story that seems to inhibit him and simply concentrate of situations of sexual encounter he DOES feel comfortable writing. And we could easily mod it back to doing those things with a Family member if we want.

Well, it's a bit of misunderstanding. If I want to rewrite BB, I just have to explain how it will be changed and Patreon should approve it. And I've decided to step out.
I admit that I have been a bit of a critic of the direction of this game for some time but I do sympathize with your current situation and no CREATOR should be stopped from creating and finishing a product they started.

I think this might serve a good lesson to all future developers that each game should have a method for selecting or changing the names and relationships of the characters at the game start. Then the dev can never be called out for the relationships as the User selects them. This can all be done with just a few variables set at the beginning of the game.

Those variables being inserted into the dialogue when needed.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Nothing personal here....But I simply do not believe even a single word of that!
Especially considering that many other games were in the same exact situation as DS is in now and all are now back (AFTER REVIEW) with minor tweaks and changes to their Patreon Page. One game (MotH) did a quick character readjustment to remove the incest. Others have added a Character naming routine at the start of their game that allows you to return the game to an Incest theme by simply naming the characters from default to mom, dad, sister, and brother.

And DS' statement I quoted below tends to prove what I'm saying
Enter his discord and if you will scroll to messages from yesterday or 2 days ago you will find copy of message he has received. It's really strict. I dunno about other messages he most likely received. Situation has changed from what it was when MotH was suspended. But ofc If you don't believe me that's pointless to argue.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Enter his discord and if you will scroll to messages from yesterday or 2 days ago you will find copy of message he has received. It's really strict. I dunno about other messages he most likely received. Situation has changed from what it was when MotH was suspended. But ofc If you don't believe me that's pointless to argue.
And yet we have DS' own take on that which seems to be very different from your version....

Well, it's a bit of misunderstanding. If I want to rewrite BB, I just have to explain how it will be changed and Patreon should approve it. And I've decided to step out.

Reactions: elmandor

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Even if you're skeptical about one dev saying it, it would be weird to find another (MrDots) saying the same thing.

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
Darksilver said he will continue BB but will be at a slower pace.
I spoke with him 3 nights in a row on Discord.
He will put BB on hold till futher notice and thats the only way he can reply at this point.
He knows he will never be able to trick them and he risks loosing his patreon all together if he does.
No promiss has been made about BB only that he wishes things can change in the future.
Most of us wish the same, i'm sure.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
I spoke with him 3 nights in a row on Discord.
He will put BB on hold till futher notice and thats the only way he can reply at this point.
He knows he will never be able to trick them and he risks loosing his patreon all together if he does.
No promiss has been made about BB only that he wishes things can change in the future.
Most of us wish the same, i'm sure.
And he shouldn't even TRY to trick them...
What he should do (if he really wants to become compliant with their rules and pass muster) is to leverage the same tools and options being used by the many modders here to change and rewrite his game.
If he releases that Mod as part of the OFFICIAL release then it will comply with their policies.

After that if someone else decides to mod it back that is on them not DS and they can't hold DS responsible for those actions. They sure can't compel him to take legal actions against the modders to enforce his own copyright.
Unless of course they wish to foot the legal bills (which they will simply not do).

He really should remain silent on what and how he plans to mod or change this game especially on a public site like this.
Even discord is too public for him to discuss his plans.

What he needs to do is contemplate his options, See if modding the game can make it fully compliant with what they want. Let them review the change and after that passes it's up to us to modify his mod to bring back the story we would rather have.

Who knows he might even come up with a better story as a result.

Ball is in his court I wish him well and good luck no matter what he decides.

Reactions: Mickaveli

trihopatofilicar

Apr 4, 2017
This problem is so simple to go around. Why does he even have to use patreon? This game is so popular on its own. Its already SEO ready, it would promote its self. The only thing BB team needs to do is to open a simple blog page with donation/reward options and name it darksilver-bigbrother or something. New fans would come easily. Just look what "Son of a bitch" is doing. They would be their own boss.

megadork

Dec 10, 2017
The Convenient Inconvenience theory? LOL
I agree with you to a degree that his interest in the game has waned and perhaps he is less inclined to put in the effort to save this game as he might have if he didn't have another game all ready to go on Patreon and start collecting funds.
That said let's be clear that DS didn't create this situation, he just ignored a situation others have been dealing with the last three months and Patreon finally got around to him and BB.
Now the question is (and I'm sure he is debating internally) is...
Does he like doing this game enough to make the effort or arrangement to keep it going either on Patreon or some other venue...
Does he finish the rest of the game and make a completed work without any monthly support so he can make money on One Off sales of the completed game.
Or does he just give us the V13, and leave the game as an uncompleted work and move onto a different game?
He seemed to ignore it long enough to not even bother trying to evade the new policies though. That's my point....

Unless he was under a rock this whole time and didn't hear about the new Trust & Safety teams he would've at least
attempted to dodge them. The fact that DS didn't seem to do anything leads me to believe that they are just done with this game.

As for the future...I think v.13 will be all anyone gets before he moves on to something else that does comply.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
And he shouldn't even TRY to trick them...
What he should do (if he really wants to become compliant with their rules and pass muster) is to leverage the same tools and options being used by the many modders here to change and rewrite his game.
If he releases that Mod as part of the OFFICIAL release then it will comply with their policies.

After that if someone else decides to mod it back that is on them not DS and they can't hold DS responsible for those actions. They sure can't compel him to take legal actions against the modders to enforce his own copyright.
Unless of course they wish to foot the legal bills (which they will simply not do).

He really should remain silent on what and how he plans to mod or change this game especially on a public site like this.
Even discord is too public for him to discuss his plans.

What he needs to do is contemplate his options, See if modding the game can make it fully compliant with what they want. Let them review the change and after that passes it's up to us to modify his mod to bring back the story we would rather have.

Who knows he might even come up with a better story as a result.

Ball is in his court I wish him well and good luck no matter what he decides.
First DS has a great following not maybe but fact. We want BB but understand that that is not an option at this time. He is going with Glamour 100% at this time. Patreon has no control over what he does off site as long at it is not mention on his Patreon Page. Hence we can post links to BB v13 here or on other sites it will be decrypted so modders have a ball. You cant second guess any one in survival mode so asking what he will or will not do with BB is just plain STUPID.
He has stated his intentions to us and we have to wait as we do with all Devs.

One thing I can say is he was very down until he saw how much real support he has, now he just has to do his best for his fans and even for his antagonist.

Reactions: Shiva0067

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
No incest, Female Main character.
Wat.

I must say im really surprised at the amount of games with leading female protagonists. Is this really something the majority of us likes to roleplay or imagine being while we play? Personally i have not bothered with a single one as im not fantasizing about being banged. o_O

Well i wish team DS the best of luck but our ways will definatly part here. Thanks a bunch for giving us BB it was quite a ride (and ive nearly forgotten about the horrible grind)

Also death to patreon.

Reactions: Mickaveli and wizyy

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
He seemed to ignore it long enough to not even bother trying to evade the new policies though. That's my point....

Unless he was under a rock this whole time and didn't hear about the new Trust & Safety teams he would've at least
attempted to dodge them. The fact that DS didn't seem to do anything leads me to believe that they are just done with this game.

As for the future...I think v.13 will be all anyone gets before he moves on to something else that does comply.
It would be like Mark Twain having to re write all his books because today the N word is black listed today in all literature.

megadork

Dec 10, 2017
It would be like Mark Twain having to re write all his books because today the N word is black listed today in all literature.
I'm not disputing that.....I'm saying there was no attempt....

Also....the fact that you compared BB to Mark Twain saddens me....BB has shit for a story.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes