Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
everyone else is putting some kind of patch to restore the game as it was
Yes, see how that is working out for MR Dots.

Patreon don't care about who modified the game. They will block you first and you will have to prove your innocent afterwards.
DMD was thinking in similar way. I do believe that semi official patches will be banned as well. And Patreon will start to ban games after couple of reports.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Shape

Dec 7, 2017
If 0.13 is last version, i hope game ended well. Max fuck Ann´s pussy and take Lisa´s virginity. Big Brother is best game ever, thanks a lot.

Reactions: tankdick

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
his game was patched differently from the rest

if we see problems with MotH and DoD, them you can start to worry about the patches
Is that a gamble you would be willing to take, if your finances depended on this?

The problem with BB as DS himself said. The story itself is so woven into the incest theme, that the story does not make sense otherwise. The big thread throughout the game is the moral objections and the different point of views between the characters on these morals. Ranging from Kira pushing for incest to Mom trying (unsuccessfully)to prevent it, with Alice and Lisa somewhere in between.

In MOTH there is very little interaction between family members , so it's mostly between MC and other females.
DoD has a bit more interaction as siblings and mother, but not as much as BB.

DmD is completely fucked as it is almost entirely reliant on MC being the father. Worse then BB.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Is that a gamble you would be willing to take, if your finances depended on this?
I do think that my finances would depend on me continuing the game that has attracted me more than 3 thousand patrons, I really think that dropping this game before concluding major plot points would put my finances on the line, and I do think that just starting a new project that the patrons voted against months ago that is absolutely the polar oposite of the 3 thousand patron game would be harmful as well

But that's just me ;)

I said many pages ago that DS was stupid for not even trying to change the game before patreon came after him, he had almost 4 months from the time Mr Dots was first reviewed and the rules changed, but sometimes you have to wonder if the outcome of one's actions (or lack thereof in this case) wasn't what was planned all along. I usually dismissed the posts that DS wanted to drop BB for good because he hated the game, but after what happened and his complete lack of preparation made me start suspecting that it might be true. He did nothing to prevent this from happening, them the obvious thing happens and he comes here saying he didn't knew it would happen and that he is forced to abandon his project. I'm sorry, but I can't believe that a 3 thousand patron dev would be so clueless and dumb, he needed an excuse to drop BB so his patrons wouldn't be pissed off with him and justified the game change

He is the only creator that is dropping his game, Mr Dots is going through a somewhat similar problem but he didn't gave up on his project because he knows he depends on DmD to bring him the money. I think patreon didn't like his solution of choosing relation with D as it opens the possibility for players to choose daughter and dad like obviously most did, but patreon can't complain about mods made by third parties if the game posted on their platform is incest free, and the creator don't give instructions about going to lewd patcher to restore incest on patreon, otherwise they would have to ban every game in existence since anyone can mod a game to be anything

xhoni spica

Donor
Aug 9, 2017
Do someone have a Walkthrough v.12 here or in what page can i findit here cuz i found only the old ones.

r0x0r

Jun 22, 2017
BB is failed project. DS knows that. He may earn a lot of $$$ on this game, but he is not idiot. Game is crap and need to be trashed.
Well done said, and I'm pretty sure DS knows that - abandoning project easier than dive into the story complexity

he want to do this but it takes time
Oh man and you actually believe this :)

I can assure you setting up a host with maximum security will take me like 5 -6 minutes, but as CobraPL said its a shitty project and DS (deep inside of him knows that).

@DS let me offer you this as a courtesy from my side:
- VPS - for life :)
- Unlimited traffic and we can help you with website development

if you have like zero interest in completing this project we will support you.

Reactions: seba0

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
I can assure you setting up a host with maximum security will take me like 5 -6 minutes
That's not the problem, DS has said that himself. The problem is finding a payment processor that allows adult content and DS is still looking for one that's good.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
So what’s happening? Is big brother cancelled? Will it be continued sometime in the future? Will he do what Mr.Dots did and make his own website? Will he release one last update?
Not Cancelled, but suspended until alternative means of funding found.
DS said it will be continued in the future. (Meaning he will not slap Finnish on the next release)
He will release the next update in 2? days time.

lol889

Jul 22, 2017
"Big Brother is going to be frozen and 0.13 is going to be considered a final version of the game for now. We may continue BB development if we find an alternative to Patreon." he said this on discord

xWhiteNinjax

Jun 9, 2017
hey guys, stick to the facts... not to "wellwishing" or "imagination what could be"... DS is NOT going to a NEW project, but to an old abandonned project he was working at years before... and if you see the new/old project you see what he is able to to do... the game is not playable, has no concept, is a bad copy of others, has no gui to play at a decent resolution... (and he is claiming, it was his favourite game he loves to work for... the result speaks for itself)

the new website on patreon is like a modern fairy-story... promises, that something will be done.. .nice looking pics of some girls... and then... hey... the claim between the lines...give us time to proof, that we can do it...

all will be better in the (sex-)gaming universe... new game is coming... this will be fact...(and yes, without "Glamour" this will be true, too)

without beating on the bush or someone... there will be always different minds/ways/believes what could be done, played and payed for.. .such is life... the best products I know are not done with running behind every opinions, but stick to a theme and try to deliver the best one can do for it (look at someone like Tolkien who worked decades to give us "lord of the rings"... to remain in the sexual universe... hugh hepner... an idea will not become money over night... it has to put work into it)... so it is not our part to write the story of BB (but you are welcome if you will write a book, parody or other stuff about it), we are consumers... and yes... the game is playing inside OUR heads, imagination (the proof is the ongoing emotion, here)... so DS has become wellknown for a short time and maybe something good will come out of this whole affair... this will be the future (and not known to anyone)...

even if I sound bitter... the experience with the game was a welcome one... the "handling" about it is it, what is not my liking... and that is not only on part of DS or patreon.. it involves this forum, too... it is always black or white... (ok, there are intentions to provide help, fix bugs and so on... this is very welcomed and therfore I love this forum) I am looking at the "discussion-part" what would best described as a flame-war... "wellinformed-people" proclaiming they know the way to the holy grail... again.. stick to facts... believings are common in religions.. . this is a (sex-)game... not life

Reactions: Jerkov

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
So the game is dead? that's just sad. Every game that becomes popular makes every single dev a lazy ass twat.

Truth is if you're making 4 to 5 figures EACH month you MUST put some extra effort and deliver an even better product, as it is now the game plain sucks and this guy got thousands of dollars out of everyone for some mediocre stuff that won't be even finished.

As a side note I always support these games with small quantites up to the value of a normal game (€20 to €40) I ain't supporting €10 bucks each month for 2 years for an unfinished game, that's €200 bucks! that's how these guys make $25k each month and deliver sad results.

Reactions: Cyanide

JIT

Oct 25, 2017
Some pages back DS told us that he was finishing the game just right and then. Can we expect an earlier release date (before 2 feb)? I'm not following him on discord so I don't know if he said something about that.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes