Tirael

Dec 18, 2017
Well, today was the day we pay up our pledges in Patreon and DS has still over 2200 patrons. He lost about... 20% of his patrons. Perhaps a bit more than that in money, but probably not more than 30% of his income.

The good news from this is... DS and his team would survive. Sure, it woudl be better if he could keep working on BB but I am glad he can work on Glamour at least.
I'm more than sure that he will return to BB as soon as he can. A lot of time, resources and nerves was spent to this game, so i don't think that DS would simply abandon such project as BB.

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I'm more than sure that he will return to BB as soon as he can. A lot of time, resources and nerves was spent to this game, so i don't think that DS would simply abandon such project as BB.
All depends on how Glamour is received. If it's popular and patreons like it, he's more than likely going to keep working on that. If it tanks, BB will be back as soon as that happens.

Tirael

Dec 18, 2017
All depends on how Glamour is received. If it's popular and patreons like it, he's more than likely going to keep working on that. If it tanks, BB will be back as soon as that happens.
Maybe. In our country there is saying "Why you need invent a wheel when there is already a bicycle".

f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
Since it's been a month since last BB release, I have started looking for new update but now I hear patreon has banned BB? This is the game I have been looking forward to every single month for the past 6 months. Are there any additional news on this as his patreon doesn't really elaborate much. Is this it? no more updates? No 0.13 this time around?

I am upset now.

Tirael

Dec 18, 2017
Since it's been a month since last BB release, I have started looking for new update but now I hear patreon has banned BB? This is the game I have been looking forward to every single month for the past 6 months. Are there any additional news on this as his patreon doesn't really elaborate much. Is this it? no more updates? No 0.13 this time around?

I am upset now.
0.13 will be. Today or tomorrow.

f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
So patreon is new guidliness don't allow incest and 'hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex" historical situations i.e' Game of Thrones situational incest is okay? Also, Summertime Saga hasn't been hit and they have incest sraight up.

Incest is a social construct, there is no harm if everyone is protected. This is complete bull shit.

Reactions: EguHCTBEHuqT

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
So patreon is new guidliness don't allow incest and 'hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex" historical situations i.e' Game of Thrones situational incest is okay? Also, Summertime Saga hasn't been hit and they have incest sraight up.

Incest is a social construct, there is no harm if everyone is protected. This is complete bull shit.
There's a difference between GOT and BB. Incest isn't the main part of GOT whereas the entire point of BB is to fuck your sister where you are the MC making decisions.

Summertime saga most likely wont get hit. He's making Patreon WAY too much money for them to do that.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
There's a difference between GOT and BB. Incest isn't the main part of GOT whereas the entire point of BB is to fuck your sister where you are the MC making decisions.

Summertime saga most likely won't get hit. He's making Patreon WAY too much money for them to do that.
Seems unfair, can't we do something about this that can benefit BB development in the future?

I don't understand their line of logic. Incest has been part of most if not all religions and have been part of history for a long time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with incest as long as no reproduction is involved with the exception of negative social stigma.

Also, isn't the entire point of games is to enjoy a fictitious setting to indulge your fantasy without harming anyone and this company is taking a stance to oppose that and to remove that? Wouldn't you want someone living out fictitious fantasy vs being curious and attempting something malicious in real life? This line of logic is backward.

The only conclusion left to draw is they want more investors with that to think their platform is morally 'safe.'

Reactions: Mr. Vargas

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Summertime saga most likely wont get hit. He's making Patreon WAY too much money for them to do that.
$23,751 x .05 = $1187.55 per month. That's how much money he's making for Patreon, unless I've been misinformed about their fee structure. I'm not even sure that's any more than DS was making for them. Either way, the idea that they just dare not drop ~$1200 per month in revenue seems a bit off to me. More likely the name "Summertime Saga" hasn't attracted that much attention so far.

Antoninus_

May 23, 2017
i talked shorty with DarkCookie and he said nobody at Patreon contacted him and he don't give a fuck what can happen.

And DarkSilver told me 1min ago, game will be released in 6/8 hours minimum.

f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
i talked shorty with DarkCookie and he said nobody at Patreon contacted him and he don't give a fuck what can happen.
That should be interesting, but when someone tells you 'listen to our rules or we will make you leave our platform and good luck getting all your patreon subscribers back.' I think he will quickly adapt to the situation.

Reactions: TrropJunior

PinkHead

Aug 21, 2017
Thanks old friend to remember me on theses thanks.

BB is a fun game, it keeps me awaken when i had work to do
I spent so many hours study it, patching it, trying to find the deep essence of the game, to finally provide some useful, non breaking mod to people like me who started the game from scratch at each release

Remember the fights, early builds, when protection were made, when protection was hacked, and even used to load our mod.

When debates are taken, when opinion are shared.

IMO : too bas Eric was gone, hope to find a NTR game in the future ;)

Farewell everyone.
Martine is waiting you ,he might be Eric's relative:tf:

TrropJunior

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017

And DarkSilver told me 1min ago, game will be released in 6/8 hours minimum.
Is releasing to everyone or still only $40?

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes