DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
@CunningPig Obviously I think the same as you, I won't say anything against the art but in game mechanics and writing they are quite bad. I even did a review in this thread explaining why I thought so and even as a joke did a tiny document taking the base big brother with what I would have added/changed to the game, don't take it seriously if you read it because it's very basic.

WLHopkins

Jun 30, 2017
I am having an issue with v13, (although likely v12 content), but when mom comes back from the 'job' at midnight, the only option given to me when at her room is to leave!! No other option is given, is there a fix, do I need to reinstall and just hope? Let me know if anyone else has had this or has a fix.
As always, thanks!!

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
When the initial screen loads for BB, its off-center and I can't see the Load or Play buttons. Game was working fine for the last few versions. Anyone know a fix? Thanks!
Are you playing using Wine on a Mac?

Draccon99

Jul 26, 2017
Sorry, do not indicate that it is the same version and the same file downloaded, apart I have tried it with V12 (BigBrother_v0.12.0.005.CG) and V13 (Big_Brother-V0.13.0.007).
And the same thing happens in both versions.
Try to close all none essential programs that are running in the background, one of them may fuck up Unity engine, from experience- I had to close an audio program NIHOMATIC that came with MSI motherboard or all unity games would be fucked up. So try to close some stuff that may interfere.

tom-poolman

Feb 7, 2018
need help please: I really mess something up. This is my last safe file ( file save26) Im in 830th day and I didnt even close in progress in game near yours file Save31: , and when I copy file from you then I see that there is much more option in game.... Where I did wrong?!

thebrother1234

Sep 3, 2017
I have done everything thing in the game except progress with mom. When Kira left her room it gave me the option to ask to sleep with mom, but I didn't pick it because Kira warned me that it would be too soon. Now the option isn't there at all! How do I get it so that I can finally get with mom!

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
I raised this concern when Glamour was first announced and I'm very skeptical about these grand claims as well. It just doesn't seem possible to flesh out a city full of unique characters who can also change their personalities and behaviors with the way this dev team approached BB. There's only so many renders they can do, which like you said either limits them to a few deeper characters or many characters with limited interaction, or a 10 year development (which may be just the dairy cow they're looking for).

The BB household was only 8 people, including the minor characters like Eric, Olivia and Kate, but really only 4 lead characters, and they BARELY developed any of them. These are paper thin characters who don't behave consistently, don't grow or evolve in a realistic way, and don't have any motivations outside of sex and money. I can't see them being able to create believable, independent characters on a much larger scale, and to also have those characters be changed based on player interaction.

Here is my original post and DS response:

I think he mistakenly thought believable characters was equivalent to characters people were invested in. But they're not the same thing at all, and their claims about Glamour indicate they are going to create multiple believable characters with fully fleshed out independent lives, who also grow and change based on MC interactions. I just don't see that as being even remotely realistic based on what we saw from BB.
I regret that I can only like that post just once!
Spot on with the way I think regarding what Glamour will eventually be.

The only thing that may help him here is that he will not be dealing with Incest storylines which seems to be a big problem for him creatively. He would say "I Try to make family LOVE/ROMANCE each other but it is HARD for me" all I can surmise is he is an Orphan, came from a loveless family or the victim of actual parental sexual abuse.

The Family seemed to tolerate each other more than love each other. And that I suppose might work in Glamour because they will all be strangers. But I still can't see tham adding more than one NPC per month and even then I don't see after 4 months go by that the first NPC added will get any new content because this team has never showed the output to keep up with a housefull let alone a city full.

Reactions: CunningPig

sivertop

Jun 9, 2017
strange no one yet saw that the developer said big brother is finished and that he moved on to a new project and its not mentioned here..

this game is not on hold its done.
also to be honest it was a good decision from the creator, this game was a complete mess at the end of the game multiple workstations because of new ideas and so on..some of that what i just wrote was also mentioned by the creator.

anyway im really looking forward to his new project which should be out soon, i loved his art (girls)

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
Whats annoying is spending several months on the game and having it end like that is a slap to the face.

Especially when we wont be able to see actual Vicky or Eve content. They were basically introduced placeholders.

Reactions: rulzlol

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
strange no one yet saw that the developer said big brother is finished and that he moved on to a new project and its not mentioned here..
This game is not on hold its done.
also to be honest it was a good decision from the creator, this game was a complete mess at the end of the game multiple workstations because of new ideas and so on..some of that what i just wrote was also mentioned by the creator.
Anyway im really looking forward to his new project which should be out soon, i loved his art (girls)
Unlike you some of us have better and more reliable information.
I take DarkSilvers own words over anyone else any day. He has said this on his Discord so it's straight from the horse mouth..

"As the issues with Pateron can't be solved at this point there will be no development of BB for the time beeing.
It's put (On Hold). We regret this but the risks are to high and we have to move focus to a new project, Glamour.
Rest asure tho we are working on getting our own website up and running. We are currently short staffed so it will take some time but it will happen."

With Patreon breathing down his neck he won't give anyone more information about the new website.
He hinted many times that we should stop worrie about BB characters and the future of BB.
I could post screens from the Discord but i think anyone who wants to know can just vist there and ask themselves.
And if you got your information from Patreon.. Well.. I pretty much just explained the situation so he will post what he think is safe for now.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes