Barenchi

Donor
Apr 23, 2017
Good game ! But in fact It is really hard to beat all the content without a proper guide for each versions !

Carlo S

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
May 20, 2017
Those who are bored are waiting for the new version. - Those who love this game think that maybe they can't play anymore because DS can modify the game a lot and they do can't like it, - Those who hate, expect DS to put "Jack Knife" to kill Eric before enter in the game, - In this Game has everything - Fortune Teller - Exterminator - Concilliator - even because they are already doing projection of the new version. This game is really different. But what really is worth, are all that play here. "All of you are really doing this game" , applause for everybody, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap ...

Reactions: balabasuu

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017
Well she has to make a living somehow... What other jobs did you have in mind?
I don't know, there are tons of jobs out there. It don't have to be a sexy one. But he could also turn it around, let Max be the one making the money. He seems somwhat tech savy, so could do som work with online stuff. He could also start a massage parlour, he seem to have talent for that after his online courses. :p I just don't like the women to turn into pstars or "sluts" Just because they are breaking a big taboo. But it might go that way, though I seriously hope not.

Reactions: djax and balabasuu

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
On a serious note, huge thanks to the guy that has been providing these pics. He's always giving them as soon as he cans, he's spending his hard earned money just so we can get some peaks into what's happening in the game and as someone who hates to waste money and knows the value and importance of money I'd just like to give you a real thanks from the bottom of my tiny otter heart. Thanks man <3

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
He tries to fab the cow! for version 0.5 there were what 20 new pics and what 100 lines of dialog? If he knew what he is doing he can produce 2-4 pics a day (5-10 Days) and perhaps 3-7 days of writing. And if he is smart he has the plot already planed.
This is why perception can be awful when not thought out properly. 20 new images for version 0.5? There are way more than 20. Think about it, the 3 major updates for 0.5 are Lisa boyfriend, Olivia's route, and getting rid of Eric via Kate's route. Do you really think each of those only have 7 new images? How about the small addition of Ann's massage? That doesn't have new images at all?

Also, just because it's one month, it doesn't mean that DS works for the whole 28-31 days. Remember that full-time jobs are basically 5 days/week which roughly means 20-23 working days per month.

Trombe

Sep 24, 2016
Without him, what is there? Is there a way to screw up and lose a game? I don't think so.
On the top of my head it can be many things. It can be a financial problem (legal problem bank going to take the house). It can be drama in the house (with Max increasing authority in the house Alice start to notice and make a move and Ann who also depend on Max doesn't like that). It can be problem with Kira she may have ulterior motive for helping Max, she may social with a bad peoples so got threaten and kidnap if Max fail. Kate's mom may cause problem. The cop may start to looking for Eric so Max need to find a way to not be a suspect or he going to jail. et cetera et cetera.

Antagonist doesn't need to be a human it also can be concept that stands against the protagonist. Eric is a poorly design antagonist in term of both story and gameplay wise like a lot of members here already discussed.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
there were around 150 pics from the 0.4 version to the 0.5 ._.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
On the top of my head it can be many things. It can be a financial problem (legal problem bank going to take the house). It can be drama in the house (with Max increasing authority in the house Alice start to notice and make a move and Ann who also depend on Max doesn't like that). It can be problem with Kira she may have ulterior motive for helping Max, she may social with a bad peoples so got threaten and kidnap if Max fail. Kate's mom may cause problem. The cop may start to looking for Eric so Max need to find a way to not be a suspect or he going to jail. et cetera et cetera.

Antagonist doesn't need to be a human it also can be concept that stands against the protagonist. Eric is a poorly design antagonist in term of both story and gameplay wise like a lot of members here already discussed.
I think Eric could've been excellent antagonist, he started well at the beginning by asserting dominance due to his age, money, and power advantage over Max. However, he was never allowed to really develop into a real threat. While I can't speak for DS, I strongly believe this is caused by player feedback of not liking another character getting it on with the female characters in the game. At that point, I felt that DS was forced to significantly tone down what Eric did. To me, this is a missed opportunity, but at the same time the reality of patreon-based game where DS basically just followed the poll result to make the game instead of making the game how it was meant to be made.

To be honest, none of your other alternatives for "game over" scenarios is any better than what Eric could've been. Not because they are bad ideas on paper, but they lack of the personal feeling. The reason why Eric could've been a great antagonist is mainly because Eric is essentially trying to do the same thing with Max. That made it personal, and in a sense, it could be rivalry between the two where Max is trying to defeat Eric. You are trying to counter everything that Eric did, and then turned it around to your advantage instead. That made it an interesting dynamic between the protagonist and the antagonist.

Your other alternatives had no such thing. Financial issue is a gameplay element with money that is so easy to make because there's not enough money sink. Cops looking for Eric's disappearance is completely one-sided and the cops are outsiders. Kate's mom is also an outsider that has no real interest in the family. Saving Kira from bad people has no real urgency because Kira is a secondary character. Drama in the house is the one that has the most promise, but seems lack of logic because Max becoming "successful" is a good thing for the family due to how they viewed him as a loser at the start. They might not enjoy how they depend a lot on him, but doing the opposite would also make it worse for them. So it doesn't make much sense to try to bring him down when it also brings them down with him.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Fundementally the issues always comes back to the issue that Eric is overpowered or underdeveloped, depends on your view. Regardless, the struggle with Eric was unrewarding to most of the players. Some of the OP Eric is simply the time compression in a game. It has been pointed out that he comes in quickly etc, well the game time makes it almost a given that he will impact the family in days or weeks. Story wise, they could of made Eric an old friend of the mother, some form of prior relationship would of helped. But the anti-eric crowd would still understandably argue that fighting him was not worth the trouble. This made the entire game about voyeurism, which most of his patrons did not want and DS was not selling.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
On a serious note, huge thanks to the guy that has been providing these pics. He's always giving them as soon as he cans, he's spending his hard earned money just so we can get some peaks into what's happening in the game and as someone who hates to waste money and knows the value and importance of money I'd just like to give you a real thanks from the bottom of my tiny otter heart. Thanks man <3
I would like to follow the speech of thanks. To pledge $40 a month and sharing with us the full content of the game for free it's really laudable! Thank you :relievedface:

ThorMcBalbo

May 12, 2017
But the anti-eric crowd would still understandably argue that fighting him was not worth the trouble. This made the entire game about voyeurism, which most of his patrons did not want and DS was not selling.
panned fetishes.png
Ds is selling it.. voyerism (the game is called Big Brother basically a voyeur heaven), exhibitionism and MM/F sex scenes + and i quote his features:
  • It's a sandbox, so there is not hard guideline. Many ways to be punched in the face achieve different goals.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes