Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Here's the rest that isn't already in game. I don't have the couple of $40 pics he has posted
Don't worry about the $40 pics. You're already making our days with what you're sharing. Thanks again man.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
:test2::test2::test2: Every pic I watch is a stab to the heart... I hope people really can crack his protection system :FeelsBadMan:
We'll crack it in about 20 minutes.

Billion dollar triple A companies struggle with copy protection.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
We'll crack it in about 20 minutes.

Billion dollar triple A companies struggle with copy protection.
tell that to sniper elite 4 which im still waiting jto be cracked :(

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
cpy already cracked that though? Quite a few denovo games have been cracked already
It's still uncracked and denuvo although proven to be crackable it's still fucking hard to do so. Just look at the time it took them to crack dozens of protected denuvo games.

Last edited:

extractied

Nov 11, 2016
It's still uncracked and denuvo although proven to be crackable it's still fucking hard to do so. Just look at the times it took them to crack dozens of protected denuvo games.
Where there's life, there's hope :FeelsGoodMan:

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Protection in this game is engine limited
Massively off topic denuvo is possible but having a virtual steam/origin server to crack it seems overkill and yet is the only way to overide it
Not that this game could make use of such protections or afford the licence for them

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
To be fair Denuvo is fairly new if I remember right and so give it time it will be easier to crack.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Protection in this game is engine limited
Just curious, why do you think so? I get it that Unity has limited such methods available out of the box, but the engine itself is not limiting. That doesn't deny him coding in whatever weird scheme he possibly comes up with.

I'm not saying it will be uncrackable, there's just the possibility of proving to be a major hassle.

Reactions: Burt

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Just curious, why do you think so? I get it that Unity has limited such methods available out of the box, but the engine itself is not limiting. That doesn't deny him coding in whatever weird scheme he possibly comes up with.

I'm not saying it will be uncrackable, there's just the possibility of proving to be a major hassle.
Unity doesn't compile to machine code, like a C++ based game for example. In a C++ game you'd have to start reverse engineering the game using PE inspectors and all sorts of decompilers.

Instead it is built on top of Mono which compiles all sources into the DLL. All you have to do is literally open the DLL and you effectively have the source code of the entire game. There's methods to stop this but they aren't very effective because they always have the problem that it uses many middlemen before hitting the physical hardware.

Reactions: Burt

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016

This is pretty qft for right now but as stated it might become easier as denuveo gets older.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Unity doesn't compile to machine code, like a C++ based game for example. In a C++ game you'd have to start reverse engineering the game using PE inspectors and all sorts of decompilers.

Instead it is built on top of Mono which compiles all sources into the DLL. All you have to do is literally open the DLL and you effectively have the source code of the entire game. There's methods to stop this but they aren't very effective because they always have the problem that it uses many middlemen before hitting the physical hardware.
Well, I meant less in terms of code obfuscation and/or having to trudge through a disassembler, and more in terms of offloading certain sources on the server side or use some form of hash-based tagging for ID and blacklisting individuals.
His initial comments for always-online validation seemed to point in that general direction.

In any case, it remains to be seen. A couple of weeks more.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes