Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
maybe,just maybe he wanna take some extra images sell to the 40$or20$ patrons,you kown,like DLCs.
Day 1 dlc guys, just message me on twitter and I will send the password to unlock the stuff already in the file ;)

Last edited:

cuddlepuddle

Donor
Dec 22, 2016
Now - Before you all get too excited, know the creator put online DRM on this release, so you're going to have to wait a bit until somebody cracks it before you actually play it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So this is the Mega link the creator himself posted - he seems pretty confident in his DRM.
This is the post he wrote today on the subject:

Additionally it looks like he's using an online hotfix system - once I figure out how that works I'll see if I can upload the changes.

eightset

Mar 15, 2017
Now - Before you all get too excited, know the creator put online DRM on this release, so you're going to have to wait a bit until somebody cracks it before you actually play it.

So this is the Mega link the creator himself posted - he seems pretty confident in his DRM.

Additionally it looks like he's using an online hotfix system - once I figure out how that works I'll see if I can upload the changes.
I'll start working.

Davidreiter

Poison Dwarf
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
can we set a destop alarm for when the work is done?
and ofc thx all for the work and help.

ticcy

Aug 26, 2016

You should run a spy during the installation/login process and see if and what game data is being fetched off online servers. The original download is likely useless without those files, unless of course no essential game data is downloaded during authentication.

Quote from the dev:
Then you have to click on “Request new pass” button. This will send a new password on your email, generated for your computer. Enter it, check the options you like and click on “Enter the game”. You'll start receiving some game data from the server.
Going through all this trouble, he would be stupid not to make sure the required data is essential.

Once you have all the files, wrap it and send it off to one of the guys willing to have a crack at it (no pun intended) so your private credentials aren't shared.

Firefly

Modder
Dec 27, 2016

@dspeed HWID auth + server auth?

Vatana Batata

Sep 8, 2016
The hype for this release is unbelievable. I am tempted to take monday off and stare at this forum page for hours without sleep !!!

JQuiche

Aug 6, 2016
The hype for this release is unbelievable. I am tempted to take monday off and stare at this forum page for hours without sleep !!!
I have my monday off..... Kappa xD

But I'm supposed to study for my exams, but...well, who cares, this shit is way funnier

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
Judging by the NetworkApi section of the Assembly-CSharp.dll, it looks like the way he's doing copy-protection is by not including the dialog lines in the main MEGA download; those are downloaded dynamically at run-time as a response to the username/password. In order to 'crack' it, someone is going to have to run Wireshark or some other packet sniffer and send one of the crackers (not me; try eightset) the log.

I'm not certain whether the dialog is saved or not after running it once, but I'd expect not otherwise it's a terrible copy protection scheme - but that does make it online-only DRM, and include somewhat-hefty load times as it downloads the script from the server each time you run the game.

EDIT: Also, unless you want everyone to know your username/password, don't just post the log on the interwebs for all to see.

KMnM

Sep 9, 2016
look
@cuddlepuddle Couldn't you just send the activated files from your computer? Thanks again!!
look dev post "If you want to play the game from a new computer, you'll need to ask for another password, so several people won't be able to use the same account to play the game."

BadBananaGames

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2016
When the repacked release from our 40$ patreon will show up, please PM me the link.
If I understand correctly there are missing files, so to pass the DRM we need to watch the difference between basic release and release with additional files to make links in code properly. If we just turn off the logon screen the game will not work.
----
Yes, I`m captain obvious.
In full release there will be at least "login.data" file. But there can be more.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 107 Votes