ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
Would they be? I wouldn't, and I'm a pledger. If he happened to screw my pc I'd just be sure to get his address (i'm kidding, maybe). But at this point I'm not even sure I'll be able to use your mods and cheat, this guy sounds totally crazy and he'd be capable of doing some shit.
We will scan everything executed on machines before trying to hack. And we're able to shut access to internet to a program, so he may not be able to see ourselves

Don't worry, piracy always win, ever, since bow and shield

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
Don't worry, piracy always win, ever, since bow and shield
This.
Plus if he really is crazy enough to include malware in the game, just submit it to couple of anti-virus companies and then poke patreon, I'm sure they would be delighted being informed, becuse it's usally really bad for bussnies assisting in the spreading of malware or viruses...

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
The only way to deal with pirates, is to accept them. 40$/month for an unfinished games, it's 500$ for a year developped one.

Even the worse bastards as EA and their DLC oriented games, or microsoft and his full featured gear of war at 199$ are far away from this costs.

That's why i will hack his game.
And maybe, when finished, i'm willing to pay 40$ for it

Reactions: sonnv

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
This.
Plus if he really is crazy enough to include malware in the game, just submit it to couple of anti-virus companies and then poke patreon, I'm sure they would be delighted being informed, becuse it's usally really bad for bussnies assisting in the spreading of malware or viruses...
Is a deal breaker. Read the TOS.
He can't harm us with his product, because we'll use it against him.

I'm more about an Eric scam or bugged content. Like the drunk camera on GTA IV

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
How is that from a clearly overblown statement (including malware) we went to a whole page discussing it as if it had ever the slightest possibility to happen?

It will probably be what ikaruga says, some form of path blocking or similar.

ikaruga

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Aug 11, 2016
How is that from a clearly overblown statement (including malware) we went to a whole page discussing it as if it had ever the slightest possibility to happen?

It will probably be what ikaruga says, some form of path blocking or similar.
Let's close this with this statment :

• Patreon can't produce harmful software
  • He can try to detect modification of his game
  • He needs to show that he disagree with piracy to protect his patrons
  • We will find how he does it
  • We will find a way to play
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vayleton

Mar 4, 2017
Brace yourselves, fiery rage will rain down upon this thread (in the form of a shitload of Eric-related posts).
Well yeah, my rage is burning bright and silent :p
Fuck that guy!

Will have to smoke before playing next version if Eric's is going to get worse, LOL.
Or just close your eyes and chant "There's no place like home. There's no place like home."
But yeah, need to steel our nerves, and pray to santachrist. "Please allow us the opportunity to stop this before it happens." xD

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I'm just wondering, and always did, what stops a creator from hiding malicious code that activates upon detection of a pirate? I mean there's plenty of examples of creators busting pirates with funny messages, bugging their experiences, or simply keeping them stuck in menus till a crack is found. What if he just executes a drive wipe, trojan, etc?
He could do that, and afterwards he'd get banned from patreon and he'd have a lawsuit on his hands. Even if the person is pirating your game you could never do this to him.

Kratzeis

Apr 11, 2017
well we will see it on 0.4 i think he adds like a nice joke or somethink idk but one for sure that he will never add trojan to his game for me it would not make much sense xD maybe he adds liek the witcher 3 if you cheat then all womes are old or somethink ^^

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Let's close this with this statment :

• Patreon can't produce harmful software
  • He can try to detect modification of his game
  • He needs to show that he disagree with piracy to protect his patrons
  • We will find how he does it
  • We will find a way to play
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This statement feels "Taken-ish". Your just missing "a particular set of skills" XD

AnonX

Aug 22, 2016
"Surprises" apart (i'm totally confident in you guys' skill), i'm glad that it seems we'll finally be able to get more touchy with Alice, but seriously, no Lisa content? Goddamn it, she's the main waifu, the other girls are just a side bonus

Reactions: dartis and Wugga

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Because if something like that were to leak, he would he have 0 paying patrons in a heartbeat.
Not because it's a ridiculous out of proportion reaction, to what is essentially a free marketing campaign that will ultimately get him more patrons, but because legit users would be scared shitless of accidentally triggering said trojan.
There have been plenty of cases of legit customers triggering over-the-top DRM in triple-a games over the years, or being forced to remove installed software to get it to run, etc. Right now this guy has legit customers requiring to login, which is one step further than pirates, so this is why I don't think he has any experience in what piracy vs drm is like in the real world.

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
I noticed that this game has NTR tag. I suppose that this Eric that everybody seems to hate is the one doing the netorare? Or is the MC only doing netori?
Indeed. He's your mothers new boss&boyfriend who completely dominates her and moves on your sisters too. The player can catch him doing so but nothing comes of it, whether you choose to work with him or against him - basically he's a giant pain in the ass.

Edit: Also @AnonX : hogwash! Alice is clearly best girl. :D

Reactions: thedude

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Indeed. He's your mothers new boss&boyfriend who completely dominates her and moves on your sisters too. The player can catch him doing so but nothing comes of it, whether you choose to work with him or against him - basically he's a giant pain in the ass.

Edit: Also @AnonX : hogwash! Alice is clearly best girl. :D
Currently I agree, I am definitely waiting for mor Alice content than Lisa. Once the ball gets rolling on the mother, maybe I'll reconsider.

sigterm

Feb 27, 2017
The only way to deal with pirates, is to accept them. 40$/month for an unfinished games, it's 500$ for a year developped one.

Even the worse bastards as EA and their DLC oriented games, or microsoft and his full featured gear of war at 199$ are far away from this costs.

That's why i will hack his game.
And maybe, when finished, i'm willing to pay 40$ for it
If you think that, you don't understand what Patreon is about.
Patreon isn't about buying games. If you want to do that, go to Steam.
Patreon is about funding projects.
Also, you don't need to pay 40$... The lowest tier, with game access, is 5$, which makes 60$/year... The price of an AAA game.

D3ssel

Nov 15, 2016
If you think that, you don't understand what Patreon is about.
Patreon isn't about buying games. If you want to do that, go to Steam.
Patreon is about funding projects.
Also, you don't need to pay 40$... The lowest tier, with game access, is 5$, which makes 60$/year... The price of an AAA game.
Yup. FUNDING. Not selling.

It's all about patronage, as even the name of the site itself (Patreon) suggests.

He isn't selling a far from ready game. He's asking for support so he can finish his "art", so to speak. Or, at least, he should be.

Yet, he's acting like he's EA or some other big publisher, selling a "finished" product (as if...). Especially when he starts this kind of warfare against anyone who isn't paying him. The fact that he's currently getting near US$ 20k per month also doesn't help (It's not like he needs extra funding to finish this or something... It's just pure, plain greed)

I so hope more content creators out there would understand the concept of patronage. Patreon isn't Steam Early Access! Luckily, some content creators (DarkCookie comes to mind.... But there are others) fully understand this and act accordingly. Others, though...

As it is, unless DS understands this and have a change of heart, I will never become his patron (and I do have a considerable monthly amount pledged on Patreon, btw), and really hope we can pirate this thing to oblivion. If someone asks me for a opinion regarding supporting him (DS) or not, you can bet I'll point said person to other content creators out there who are much more worthy of their patronage.

'nuff said!

/rantoff :p

Last edited:

thjis1

Apr 2, 2017
I am a paying customer and DS is getting on my nerves with his posts, I chose to make the payment and I am now strongly leaning toward removing him from my life. The mods here have made the game more enjoyable. I like having the option of running easy or hard, especially in games where you might want to try different branches. Saves me tons of reliving content. Hell I have already gone through the opening to many times. I hate the intro dinner sequences..

Last edited:

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
I am a paying customer...
Sorry but you are incorrect, you are not a paying customer because you are not purchasing a service or product.

You are donating your money on a regular bases to support someone in an activity thus known as patronage, in this particular case that activity is the process of creating a game.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes