Netori Popeye

Sep 7, 2017
I wish Eric would get more content. There doesn't seem to be a clear direction for this game, I really think it would be better if Eric was a bigger part of the game and it was mostly about you and him finding ways to corrupt your family and potentially develop a bromance. It would also be interesting to play as both characters at times or even at the same time, planning ahead and utilizing the skills and advantages of both characters (max is part of the family, is closer to siblings etc vs eric has a lot more money and controls ann). The two different angles would really bring new life into this game and unlock the way for all sorts of original ideas and hilarious scenes between the family members (the game could use more humor).

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
View attachment 46163

News

Not every event in 0.11 is obvious and sometimes you'll have to work a little to unlock them, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. Judging by the reactions of people who played it so far, 0.11 turned out to be pretty good.

lol last update sucked
I now think his account is filled with straw patrons using the game to launder Russian Mob Money. It's the only thing that makes sense.

RazorX

Modder
Nov 23, 2017
could someone please ask the dev to get rid of the damn "Why so gloomy, Alice?" im starting to get sick of all the repetition as it is without her asking me for money every single day, its bullshit haven't i done enough for her :D
or atleast get rid of it after she starts doing the webcam stuff.

wiomn

Oct 6, 2017
So Max we know, was kicked out of school before he finished. WHY?? What happened?
It is explained during the intro of the game. According to Max he was expelled because a teacher made a pass at him, and her husband, who happened to be head of the school, didn't like that.

While this may sound like something that might make a good story, it's just an explanation why Max is at home all day, ofcourse. Some people will undoubtly insist it's another of the developers failings, though ;)

wiomn

Oct 6, 2017
Anyway, it is a bit strange that the hidden cam thing never led anywhere.
Long ago, there was a game called Ultima. It looked just like a rpgmaker-game, but with lower resolution graphics. During the intro of the game, the player was told that sometimes at night demons would come from the north, and that's why all houses in the land had a door facing south.

I really expected to see those demons, but they never appeared in the game. It was just a in-game explanation for the fact that you can't see doors that are facing north.

BB has a few of these too, and like me with Ultima back then, some people expect way too much.

The hidden cam thing is just a game mechanic to make money. A pretty good one, too, because it is fitting with the concept, more or less realistic, and unique. But it was never meant to be used in the story. It is explained that the cameras "stream directly onto the internet", so there is no recording to spy on Eric and Alice, for example. And it can't be viewed in real time because, as explained, the internet provider would block it. Later, when Max learns how to go around their provider, he decides it's not worth his attention, ofcourse (too busy doing instead of watching ;)).

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Guys,
Out of curiousity, i found this while surfing, one source but seems legit:

A 2008 system comparison analysis by Ubisoft

Leading on from this, an Ubisoft executive gave a breakdown of the company's average development costs per game - with a DS title costing between 500,000 to 1,000,000 euros ($785,000-$1.57m), PS3/Xbox 360/PC titles averaging 12 million to 18 million euros ($18.8m-$28.2m) to create for all 3 SKUs, and a Wii game expected to cost 5 million to 6 million euros ($7.8-$9m) to develop.

So BB is out for almost a year now, according to the OP and it made what so far, almost 50K ? If yes, it will represent like 10% of the lowest budget on NDS 10 years ago?
Does it feels like 10% of the quality of it?
I'm not judging or trolling, i'm just interested by the financial system here.

It may feels like comparing carrots and tomatoes, but Patreon is a system which mainly design to finance a project and i was wondering if it feels like it here.

Honestly i do NOT have any references to judge anything which is why i'm asking your point of views. Do you think to your knowledge that the money in the bank is shown here so far? Or maybe it shows more than the tiny budget it gets..

Enlight me.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Guys,
Out of curiousity, i found this while surfing, one source but seems legit:

A 2008 system comparison analysis by Ubisoft

Leading on from this, an Ubisoft executive gave a breakdown of the company's average development costs per game - with a DS title costing between 500,000 to 1,000,000 euros ($785,000-$1.57m), PS3/Xbox 360/PC titles averaging 12 million to 18 million euros ($18.8m-$28.2m) to create for all 3 SKUs, and a Wii game expected to cost 5 million to 6 million euros ($7.8-$9m) to develop.

So BB is out for almost a year now, according to the OP and it made what so far, almost 50K ? If yes, it will represent like 10% of the lowest budget on NDS 10 years ago?
Does it feels like 10% of the quality of it?
I'm not judging or trolling, i'm just interested by the financial system here.

It may feels like comparing carrots and tomatoes, but Patreon is a system which mainly design to finance a project and i was wondering if it feels like it here.

Honestly i do NOT have any references to judge anything which is why i'm asking your point of views. Do you think to your knowledge that the money in the bank is shown here so far? Or maybe it shows more than the tiny budget it gets..

Enlight me.
Ubisoft had overhead to deal with that DS Doesn't. And $50k seems a bit on the low end hasn't he been doing at least $20k a month for a few months? It's also easier making a game now than it was in 2008, well a game of similar quality.

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
Ubisoft had overhead to deal with that DS Doesn't. And $50k seems a bit on the low end hasn't he been doing at least $20k a month for a few months? It's also easier making a game now than it was in 2008, well a game of similar quality.
Yeah, so let say DS made 100K, but i guess between patreon and paypal/CC services they get their cuts so...let say 100K.
Game quality in 2008 from NDS or even XBOX remains a bit superior of what renpy does, right? Then we got here 20% of the budget of a correct but not top notch game of 2008. A 3/4 hours of gameplay without the "russian grind".
OK then it kind of answers a question...not all but the main one :)
Thanx Moustache

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
Take a look here: and you'll see he has cleared over $20k for the last 7 months. (I had to hit the YTD tab to get the earnings figures on the right) As of today it's sitting at about $28k. Now, that's cleared and not pledged.

I'm beginning to agree with 'stache... it's a laundry operation.
We would be extremely happy to get 28k :)

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Yeah, so let say DS made 100K, but i guess between patreon and paypal/CC services they get their cuts so...let say 100K.
Game quality in 2008 from NDS or even XBOX remains a bit superior of what renpy does, right? Then we got here 20% of the budget of a correct but not top notch game of 2008. A 3/4 hours of gameplay without the "russian grind".
OK then it kind of answers a question...not all but the main one :)
Thanx Moustache
Let me put it this way. There is a LOT of CG in the game, more than the average Japanese VN or Dating sim, to be sure, but the gameplay is leagues below most even fan made games of that type. Compared to even other titles here, BB falls behind in interactivity animation, music,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Great post. I went from HATING the update at the beginning, to being meh on it by the end. DS cannot write these characters with any consistency whatsoever.

So I'm calling it right now now, next update will will find out that Olivia is into pegging. SO Max will lose his Anal virginity before Lisa loser her actual virginity. What a twist!

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
Let me put it this way. There is a LOT of CG in the game, more than the average Japanese VN or Dating sim, to be sure, but the gameplay is leagues below most even fan made games of that type. Compared to even other titles here, BB falls behind in interactivity animation, music,

Great post. I went from HATING the update at the beginning, to being meh on it by the end. DS cannot write these characters with any consistency whatsoever.

So I'm calling it right now now, next update will will find out that Olivia is into pegging. SO Max will lose his Anal virginity before Lisa loser her actual virginity. What a twist!

Would be interesting to read why last update sucks from your point of view.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
You my friend need a lesson on the difference between LUST and LOVE!
There is NOTHING LOVING about the Anal in the Kitchen AT ALL!
What you think is there is a product of your vivid imagination not the dialogue....

Yup, definitely arguing to argue.

I never said she was in love with him in the fucking Lounge. Ever. I was responding to YOU saying she didn't enjoy the sex at all until she started getting spanked. Let me spell it out in the simplest possible terms:

DS made people think romance was coming. Then he took it back. He is a shitty writer.

Reactions: Corambis

badass

Jul 24, 2017
wasnt this update have so little in content? no vicky and (especially) ann story update was disappointing :(
Is there any chance DS will release new content before Christmas for present? :)

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
Game is becoming incredibly stagnant. Only more of the same and the version is at 0.11 ?! x'D Following the same path as Dating my Daughter where he's just milking the game as much as possible and because people can't find anything else, they just keep putting up with it for some reason.

No game should be in development for more than 5-6months and this one is looking to also be another 1year + cash cow where people are baited with the next version thinking that you can get the Mom.
There is only very small game can be made for 5-6 monthes

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes