DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017

Yup, definitely arguing to argue.

I never said she was in love with him in the fucking Lounge. Ever. I was responding to YOU saying she didn't enjoy the sex at all until she started getting spanked. Let me spell it out in the simplest possible terms:

DS made people think romance was coming. Then he took it back. He is a shitty writer.
Romance just didn't work after all stuff that happens, unfortunately.

Reactions: cypr

hideair

Jun 25, 2017
Would be interesting to read why last update sucks from your point of view.
You turned Max into a cuck and you destroyed 3 characters in one fell swoop.

Maybe you want to be sure everyone's fetish list gets a tickbox, but the way you attempted to achieve that you've alienated a portion of your current audience.

I tried (and failed) repeatedly to circumvent Alice because from the beginning I felt this was Max's show, he was calling the shots. He didn't like Eric, so he got rid of him, he wanted time with Lisa and to train her, he got it, Kira told him not to do things without her, he did anyways and Lisa kept it quiet.

Max has always been the one in charge, even if other people were helping/giving him ideas, it was always for his own goals. Now you are forced to spend your days ignoring any possibility of doing anything with Lisa, because all of a sudden Alice runs the show? It doesn't make sense -- there should have been a path to follow along for those that wanted, and a path to sneak into Alice's room at night, delete the video and get a video/incriminating evidence of your own for those that don't want to be a beta.

You've taken all choice way from the player and made us a passenger, you've made the story unrelatable and a major turn-off for some. No matter what choice you make you, literally, end up being Alice's bitch and that is unacceptable.

You didn't move the story along at all. There are ways of drawing out the story and adding depth without simply throwing a ton of filler into the mix to take up space/time -- progress needs to be made. Things have become stale. The story has stagnated.

The worst part is the Lisa storyline. Some of us went down the path of trying to be her boyfriend and used her sex-ed as a way to achieve that as a temporary measure, but you went too far. Even if you bought her things, did exercises as she asked, and tried to further that storyline, instead the story is going farther and farther away from the original path that was laid out.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Would be interesting to read why last update sucks from your point of view.
OK, thought you were gone. Cool to see you back taking feedback. Was not expecting it. Not going to take back the insults that were thrown because I figured you weren't here. So I will apologize on the rants aspect of it. Nothing personal. I'll try to be less of a dick while you're around. Internet is what it is though.

So look, the crux of the problem with the last update was what I see as Max once again losing any sort of agency at all. Every time in the game it seems like Max is able to do something on his own initiative, it gets taken over by someone else. It's a pattern in the game, and this last turnabout, with Alice was a giant kick in the dick.

For about the first half of the new update I absolutely HATED Alice, she was never my favorite, (Lisa is) but I enjoyed her as best I could. But she comes in like a Hurricane, pretty much removes all control Max had over anything, acts like a total thundercunt, and decides that she is now in charge of Max and Lisa's sex life. There is no way around it. Period. I think had Alice cut off access to herself, and doing sexy shit with her and Kate, or the blog post, I don't think people would have been as pissed. I know I wouldn't have been. THat's not how it went down, so you're forced to deal with someone who is just fucking with you to be malicious

Then around halfway through she begins to shift back and forth between her new uber bitch persona, and the lusty Alice we've known for ages. Sometimes she seems like she's even slightly remorseful for the situation. You never know what you're getting. (ANd personally, losing the ability to punish her with Kate around irks me.)

As for Lisa, ever since her story seemed to change in .10 she just feels wrong in certain scenes. The webcam stuff was hot, but it felt a little fast to be quite honest. And speaking for myself, and others, the drawing out of the virginity storyline is getting frustrating as hell. It's been a plot point since 0.6 I think? And it keeps getting dangled in front of us.

Also not particularly excited about MORE sex ed with Lisa, now with Ann. It seems like she and Max should be far beyond that point by now. There should be a lot more development between just her and Max, like there has been for Alice and Ann.

The Kate inconsistency was pretty awful too, acting as if she's never had sex with Max when she has been (optionally) fucking him regularly for months.

Anyhow here are a few of the posts I made since 0.11 which go into more detail. Hell you can probably just seach my name and look up the posts in this thread over the last couple of days, I talk about them a lot. Fair warning I am an ass, in a few of them.

First impression post:

Alice is a bitch :

Talk about Alice coming around a bit later, and being less of a bitch:

More talk on how bad the beginning with Alice is:

Another one on Lisa's virginity, and the Alice storyline:

Why I think this update didn't work for a lot of people specifically most men not liking being sumbissive:

That covers the basics I think. Man, I really have written a lot on this game. The frustration is real.

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
It's okay to hate, I'm ok with it from the beginning of BB :)

Feedback is great, can't say that I'm fully agree with it btw. I guess I want to have some better way to gather it. Apparently, people are sending messages that they like the game via Patreon, but no critics at all.

hideair

Jun 25, 2017
It's okay to hate, I'm ok with it from the beginning of BB :)

Feedback is great, can't say that I'm fully agree with it btw. I guess I want to have some better way to gather it. Apparently, people are sending messages that they like the game via Patreon, but no critics at all.
So cancelling my Patreon donation with feedback as to why I was really disappointed with the way things were headed wasn't being a critic? Fair enough.

Reactions: Corambis

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
So cancelling my Patreon donation with feedback as to why I was really disappointed with the way things were headed wasn't being a critic? Fair enough.
Sorry, probably I missed it. Patreon's messaging is just a pile of trash

Reactions: bas

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
@FXM - How many dev's come on here not only take feedback from people who are pirating their game, but do so respectfully and patiently?

Even harsh criticisms are one thing, but I'd ask if you just want to insult people, please go back to reddit.

@DarkSilver - if nothing else, thanks for treating us better than some of us are treating you.

FXM

Oct 2, 2017
@FXM - How many dev's come on here not only take feedback from people who are pirating their game, but do so respectfully and patiently?

Even harsh criticisms are one thing, but I'd ask if you just want to insult people, please go back to reddit.
Do you want a list? I can list at least 10

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes