Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Romance just didn't work after all stuff that happens, unfortunately.
If you could, it would be nice to see you go into more detail with this, because I have trouble understanding it. Of all the girls available at the beginning of the game, Lisa was the romantic. From early on she wanted a boyfriend, wanted flowers, gifts, to feel like she was wanted and in a relationship. I mean that's essentially her first quest. The entire Olivia arc at least came off to me as her realizing that the guy she wanted wasn't actually interested in anything other than sex. That was a deal breaker for her.

In the GF route, she treats it as a game, but intended or not, it can easily be read into as leading to an eventual at least pseudo romance between her and Max. That continued on, until 0.9 where the conversation I quoted when I was talking to Asphyx comes in:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I mean the entire thing was set up right there. It's what most Lisa fans wanted, and it seemed to be reaching the culmination of her entire Girlfriend route. Everything led up right to that point.

So what happened? @a1fox3 hasn't been around this thread lately, but he is well known as the biggest Lisa fanatic on here, and .10 pretty much broke him. I don't have the exact quote but he said he was in it for the CG only at that point with the Lisa story line.

If you never intended for romance with Lisa, or even pseudo romance with her, to be possible, that's fair. But for 4 updates the story looked to be moving in a certain direction, expectations were set, and then they were kinda shattered.

So, really, what happened? I'd really like to understand.

John The Boogeyman Wick

Jul 12, 2017
If you could, it would be nice to see you go into more detail with this, because I have trouble understanding it. Of all the girls available at the beginning of the game, Lisa was the romantic. From early on she wanted a boyfriend, wanted flowers, gifts, to feel like she was wanted and in a relationship. I mean that's essentially her first quest. The entire Olivia arc at least came off to me as her realizing that the guy she wanted wasn't actually interested in anything other than sex. That was a deal breaker for her.

In the GF route, she treats it as a game, but intended or not, it can easily be read into as leading to an eventual at least pseudo romance between her and Max. That continued on, until 0.9 where the conversation I quoted when I was talking to Asphyx comes in:

I mean the entire thing was set up right there. It's what most Lisa fans wanted, and it seemed to be reaching the culmination of her entire Girlfriend route. Everything led up right to that point.

So what happened? @a1fox3 hasn't been around this thread lately, but he is well known as the biggest Lisa fanatic on here, and .10 pretty much broke him. I don't have the exact quote but he said he was in it for the CG only at that point with the Lisa story line.

If you never intended for romance with Lisa, or even pseudo romance with her, to be possible, that's fair. But for 4 updates the story looked to be moving in a certain direction, expectations were set, and then they were kinda shattered.

Old foxy must have read DS's "no future romance" post and said goodbye:tf:

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017

Well, it was a bit too weird to write romance story after anal with Lisa.

Reactions: enokard

RandyRumm

Mar 18, 2017
DarkSilver

What is the source for the pictures used for the movies (Red Line, etc) max watches with Ann?

hideair

Jun 25, 2017
She was holding back her virginity for that special someone she became romantically involved with. This was a hallmark trait of her character -- it defined her. You don't find it more weird that at some point she is just gonna say "Screw it!" and give it to Max without any romantic feelings?

Also, is there something about anal that prevents future romance? There are plenty of people who have been friends with benefits/fooled around and became romantically involved after the fact.

Reactions: Corambis

goku1234

Jun 12, 2017
It's okay to hate, I'm ok with it from the beginning of BB :)

Feedback is great, can't say that I'm fully agree with it btw. I guess I want to have some better way to gather it. Apparently, people are sending messages that they like the game via Patreon, but no critics at all.
DS why you give up? you say feedback is great is it really when you don't really care much. i say this not be mean i say case i seen you on few times on here and yet every time its the same thing. you read think whatever and move on to your thing whats the point of feedback don't listen its like you hear just trying to kill sometime. and nice to see you on here and read but are you really getting it tho. people loved lisa now hate her in someway not all some. and then some people hate alice more then before. and i can go on with ann and kira so let me get some feed back as to why stop loving this game or stop trying at least. why did stop giving the MC choices it was the more fun when choice what to say and wrong to make alice black mail us not after all work had to put in her. and lisa holy shit man that was wrong to make back stab you after trying so hard to the BF it seem alice is the BF now you just asshole.

Reactions: Corambis

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
She was holding back her virginity for that special someone she became romantically involved with. This was a hallmark trait of her character -- it defined her. You don't find it more weird that at some point she is just gonna say "Screw it!" and give it to Max without any romantic feelings?

Also, is there something about anal that prevents future romance? There are plenty of people who have been friends with benefits/fooled around and became romantically involved after the fact.
What can I say... I can understand your point of view, but it was quite hard to write script. Thats it.

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
Your going to disappoint a lot of people here. Some of your biggest defenders, want a romance option. I don't care, as long Max doesn't treat his family like shit.
Probably, but it wasn't planned from the beginning. I tried, mostly because people asking me for it, but looks like it doesn't work with me in this particular setting.

Reactions: cypr

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
I... just... give me a moment. My brain needs to process this.

I mean, that's just a strange excuse. Anal sex happens in loving relationships all the damn time. I mean, it's not eventhat uncommon to for girls who are scared of losing their virginity to exactly what Lisa does with their long term, romantic partners. Sometimes its for religious reasons, sometimes not.

It's your game, but understand you disappointed and continue to disappoint some of your most ardent defenders after teasing romance and then dropping it. I would say that the bulk of Lisa fans were expecting something along those lines, and some still are holding out hope. Maybe take a step back, reassess, and see if you can figure it out, or maybe talk to someone to try and figure it out. If you want to right the ship in a lot of people's eyes, the Lisa romance path that was again, built up in game, would be a huge step in the right direction.

Because as it stands, Alice comes off as the most romantic option right now, even after all the shit she pulled. It's fucking crazy.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@FXM - You've made your point but you were being rude about that. There's better ways to make your point heard. I'm leaving it up because @DarkSilver actually had a perfect response to that. Don't be rude again.
- I guess DarkSilver is saying that it's hard to continue writing Lisa's route because of a personal belief that anal doesn't doesn't lead to a relationship. Well, some people are actually like that. If you can't imagine it or write it convincingly, it's better to not write at all. I got it.
Can I suggest you poll your staff, DarkSilver? Can you see if anyone can tie in a romance route for max/lisa? I know it's your story and you're in charge of it. What if there's an event with Lisa that forces Max to change his behavior and as a result, Lisa does consider a relationship? Maybe a staff could write a short route and you can internally vote in it? Just my suggestion. :D

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
@FXM - You've made your point but you were being rude about that. There's better ways to make your point heard. I'm leaving it up because @DarkSilver actually had a perfect response to that. Don't be rude again.
- I guess DarkSilver is saying that it's hard to continue writing Lisa's route because of a personal belief that anal doesn't doesn't lead to a relationship. Well, some people are actually like that. If you can't imagine it or write it convincingly, it's better to not write at all. I got it.
Can I suggest you poll your staff, DarkSilver? Can you see if anyone can tie in a romance route for max/lisa? I know it's your story and you're in charge of it. What if there's an event with Lisa that forces Max to change his behavior and as a result, Lisa does consider a relationship? Maybe a staff could write a short route and you can internally vote in it? Just my suggestion. :D
Well, sounds like a pretty good idea to have a poll. Can't promise that it will definitely change my mind, but I'll be very curious to see results.

Btw, results of that poll *will* affect something anyways :)

Last edited:

Ng m s

Oct 26, 2017
yup i belive in that too
Hell yeah!!! Lisa should grow in a romantic light. Or else there will be no growth in her character.

Btw, I appreciate the growth of Alice's character in a Dom from sub. If anyone has watched 50 shades of grey, u would remember that the male protagonist was a sub before he emerged as the Dom that he is now.
And I am referring to this movie so that DS would take that as a hint for furthering Lisa romance plot.

I loved every update , we are all welcome to have our own opinions. But in the end the game devs are the Masters of the plot. We should respect that.

Go Lisa.... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rek4ll

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Hell yeah!!! Lisa should grow in a romantic light. Or else there will be no growth in her character.

Btw, I appreciate the growth of Alice's character in a Dom from sub. If anyone has watch 50 shades of grey, u would remember that the male protagonist was a sub before he emerged as the Dom that he is now.
And I am referring to this movie so that DS would take that as a hint for furthering Lisa romance plot.

I loved every update , we are all welcome to have our opinions. But in the end the game devs are the Masters of the plot. We should respect that.

Go Lisa.... ;)
I think the issue is again, most men, even men into BDSM do NOT like being subs. Most men in BDSM are doms, that's just how it works. That's not to say that roles can't change, many people shift at certain points, either to try out the other side, or because that's just what suits them better. In other words, it's really not the shift as much as how being submissive was thrown at the player.

DarkSilver

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2017
I think the issue is again, most men, even men into BDSM do NOT like being subs. Most men in BDSM are doms, that's just how it works. That's not to say that roles can't change, many people shift at certain points, either to try out the other side, or because that's just what suits them better. In other words, it's really not the shift as much as how being submissive was thrown at the player.
It's a good point, actually. Maybe you are right.

Reactions: michaeljn

Ng m s

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm... I believe that true.
I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I love RPG and games as we can appreciate and experience situations that we can't or won't want to experience in our lives. It's just a medium to explore all those stuffs.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes