Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Will old saves work? Given the passage of time and the amount of rework, that would be surprising.
The saves from v0.3 onwards work without any problem.
Those from before don't, and that was a long time ago, because in that version, v0.3, there were very important changes in the programming.
So yes, all the saves will be compatible in future versions if you start from a v0.3 save or more recent version.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I cant wait till v.5 is public. Ive been waiting for this update for a long time.
I understand your point, I really do. But understand also mine as a creator. I along with two other people have invested a lot of time, a lot of work and sleepless hours, to be able to bring this new version forward.
We know that piracy is inevitable, just ask to have a little patience and "mercy" with us and wait a reasonable time if you have to leak it, so we can make some money that will be used to pay for things needed for the game.
We are not going to get rich with this, lol, but the more support there is the better for the project, that's for sure. So if you can't or don't want to access now to the "Early Access" version, you can wait until the 29th when it will be released for "Contributors" tiers or higher, so you can support the game you are so eager to play :p;)

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
I understand your point, I really do. But understand also mine as a creator. I along with two other people have invested a lot of time, a lot of work and sleepless hours, to be able to bring this new version forward.
We know that piracy is inevitable, just ask to have a little patience and "mercy" with us and wait a reasonable time if you have to leak it, so we can make some money that will be used to pay for things needed for the game.
We are not going to get rich with this, lol, but the more support there is the better for the project, that's for sure. So if you can't or don't want to access now to the "Early Access" version, you can wait until the 29th when it will be released for "Contributors" tiers or higher, so you can support the game you are so eager to play :p;)
This is a really good post. Very fair. You convinced me to become a Patron. Good luck with your game. (y)

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
This is a really good post. Very fair. You convinced me to become a Patron. Good luck with your game. (y)
Thank you for saying that and for your support! :love:

I'm just trying to be honest. For a game to be leaked a few days after its release does a lot of damage to the project, to be honest, and it also takes away the deserved reward that the patrons who have supported the project deserve.
I've never considered it a game that you have to "pay" to play, but rather, playing the latest version before others, is the reward the patrons get for their support.

There was always a free version of the game, what happens is that due to the big changes that were made in v0.3 in terms of programming, and that the saves prior to this were no longer compatible, I decided to remove the link to the free version prior to v0.3, because it made no sense for people to play it and then find themselves with incompatible saves.

For example now, after a long time, I can publish the v0.4.x for everybody, for free...
Here it is:

Porcus, you are fantastic. I'm a Patreon supporter and will wait till my tier gets access.

Really fantastic game you're making.
Thank you for your words and support! :love:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021
Hi Porcus Dev, I don't now if it's maybe too early, hoever, may I ask if you consider to publish Big City's Pleasures on Steam as well in the future, when the development will be finished?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi Porcus Dev, I don't now if it's maybe too early, hoever, may I ask if you consider to publish Big City's Pleasures on Steam as well in the future, when the development will be finished?
We've had a short discussion about this. It's to early right now, but there's a great chance this will happen in the future.

Reactions: Zoltan Redbeard
Mar 29, 2021
With the content in the game currently, there's no way steam will publish it without modification. The sleep sex...drugging...etc will make that impossible.
Wait... you are saying this is not acceptable behavior? So I should stop doing stuff like that?? :(
Well, that's not exactly true, for example, Dreams of Desire features sleep sex, while Anmesia and Being DIK (I think, but I don't remember that well) feature druggin', and both of them are on Steam.
Maybe having those things as a blatant flagship features could maybe be seen not in a very good way, but if they occur sometimes here and there, I think that it wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: 0x52 and Bloodguard

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
With the content in the game currently, there's no way steam will publish it without modification. The sleep sex...drugging...etc will make that impossible.
This is not entirely accurate. My Cute Cousin, I mean, My Cute Rape Simulator, I Mean, My Cute Roommate, has been on Steam for a long time, and has all of this. Sleeper Creeper, sleeping pills, Molesting, and straight up forced sex. Lust Theory, Summer With Mia, and Dreams of Desire, also tread pretty heavily into this territory, and are fine on Steam.
It depends on how focused the game is on these things. If they are not the main objective, it is usually fine. Also, luck of the draw on which Steam Mod gets to review the game is a huge factor, some are much more lenient than others.
Steam doesn't care about incest as long as everyone is over 18. Anything underage, or underage looking is their biggest deal breaker.
I do agree however, that the game needs more content before EA should be considered, and once on Steam it needs more regular updates, but the revenue from a Steam release should help with that. (y)

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Well, that's not exactly true, for example, Dreams of Desire features sleep sex, while Anmesia and Being DIK (I think, but I don't remember that well) feature druggin', and both of them are on Steam.
Maybe having those things as a blatant flagship features could maybe be seen not in a very good way, but if they occur sometimes here and there, I think that it wouldn't be a problem.
I think 0x52 was joking :LOL:;)

This is not entirely accurate. My Cute Cousin, I mean, My Cute Rape Simulator, I Mean, My Cute Roommate, has been on Steam for a long time, and has all of this. Sleeper Creeper, sleeping pills, Molesting, and straight up forced sex. Lust Theory, Summer With Mia, and Dreams of Desire, also tread pretty heavily into this territory, and are fine on Steam.
It depends on how focused the game is on these things. If they are not the main objective, it is usually fine. Also, luck of the draw on which Steam Mod gets to review the game is a huge factor, some are much more lenient than others.
Steam doesn't care about incest as long as everyone is over 18. Anything underage, or underage looking is their biggest deal breaker.
I do agree however, that the game needs more content before EA should be considered, and once on Steam it needs more regular updates, but the revenue from a Steam release should help with that. (y)
Good to know all that, thank you (y)
No doubt those topics are not the main plot of the game, but part of the variety we try to bring (a little bit of this, a little bit of that, lol).

As for whether there is enough stuff in the game, well, at this point I think so, here some data:
- More than 6,000 images
- More than 500 animations
- 95 songs
- It takes up more than 10GB
- It has several hours of gameplay

And as for updates, from now on they will be more frequent :giggle:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
eso esperamos, menos tiempo entre actualizaciones y al menos la misma calidad.
Sí, era uno de los grandes problemas ahora, queríamos abarcar muchas cosas y eso tomaba mucho tiempo, sienta haber tardado tanto en las dos últimas actualizaciones :confused:
Ahora planeamos hacer de otra forma, y serán más regulares y frecuentes, y evidentemente se mantendrá la misma calidad... Lo que no habrá es la misma cantidad de contenido claro, pero al menos no tendréis que esperar tanto :)
-------------
Yes, it was one of the big problems now, we wanted to cover a lot of things and that took a lot of time, sorry it took so long for the last two updates.
Now we plan to do it differently, and they will be more regular and frequent, and obviously the quality will remain the same... What there won't be is the same amount of content, of course, but at least you won't have to wait so long.

Hace 6 dias liberaron la version 0.5.1 :eek:
Sí, revisa ésto:
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-4-1-porcus.16290/post-9201750
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-4-1-porcus.16290/post-9210598

Parece que la gente lo está entendiendo y se está portando bien, y os lo agradezco sinceramente! :giggle:
-------------
Yes, check this out:

Seems like people are understanding and being good, and I sincerely thank you for that! :giggle:

The version for "Contributors" tiers is released this Saturday! :D

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Alesucho

Alesucho

Aug 14, 2018
Sí, era uno de los grandes problemas ahora, queríamos abarcar muchas cosas y eso tomaba mucho tiempo, sienta haber tardado tanto en las dos últimas actualizaciones :confused:
Ahora planeamos hacer de otra forma, y serán más regulares y frecuentes, y evidentemente se mantendrá la misma calidad... Lo que no habrá es la misma cantidad de contenido claro, pero al menos no tendréis que esperar tanto :)
-------------
Yes, it was one of the big problems now, we wanted to cover a lot of things and that took a lot of time, sorry it took so long for the last two updates.
Now we plan to do it differently, and they will be more regular and frequent, and obviously the quality will remain the same... What there won't be is the same amount of content, of course, but at least you won't have to wait so long.

Sí, revisa ésto:

Parece que la gente lo está entendiendo y se está portando bien, y os lo agradezco sinceramente! :giggle:
-------------
Yes, check this out:

Seems like people are understanding and being good, and I sincerely thank you for that! :giggle:

The version for "Contributors" tiers is released this Saturday! :D
So next Saturday we will have the version here?

Reactions: Aramir
3.10 star(s) 93 Votes