3.80 star(s) 44 Votes

leugim

Dec 30, 2017
There's a lot more, an interesting read if a bit gloomy. I especially like the part where he's like "Well we did have all of these cool things in store for the login system but they're all gone now." That does make me wonder though, why did they lose so many people this month? Anyone who's been following this closely want to chime in?
Honestly its good that people support less and less these "patreon" rush games, I, and obviously so many others, are getting quite fed up with the amount of "scams" and "lazy" developers who announce games with awesome features and themes and then take ages to deliver even half baked demos or just dont deliver at all after their money, and usually quite alot of it, is already in their hands.
I hope I'm not coming off as aggressive, but its the truth, we know potential when we see it, we dont mid paying money to support devs in advance but when we spend years on end supporting multiple projects that just never deliver its normal we stop doing so, and i'm sorry this is one of those projects, people lose faith when we give them considerable amount of money wait for years and what's for show? buggy content that barely qualifies as a demo.
God I miss the time when "beta tester" was a thing and we were paid to test and bug search games.

This game has, or had potential, but if people lose faith and the devs reaction is to put out that sort of comments instead of push forward to develop their game better and faster all the more faith is lost imho.
Creating a game isnt easy, but I seen PLENTY of good indie games being put out with much less money and time and often with a 1 man creating it...
Patreon devs need to stop complaining at the fans and customers who believe in them and start earning the money they are being given.

Last edited:

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
I really hope they add pregnancy or we can mod it in ourselves.
Well this is Unreal 4 Engine, the Pak files are Extremely (EXTREMELY) easy to reverse engineer and decompile, so i'm sure if someone really wanted to tweak and fix these things you'd see it happen.

as for the pregnancy function, Oh for sure it would happen.. god knows it's gonna be like those Of the blade series games, Hound of the blade etc who had a game over mechanic and a pregnancy mechanic in it based around that stuff (if you got pregnant and didn't get it removed after so many missions you'd have a game over scene for it. but insects would just birth and procreate through your orifices)

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Well this is Unreal 4 Engine, the Pak files are Extremely (EXTREMELY) easy to reverse engineer and decompile, so i'm sure if someone really wanted to tweak and fix these things you'd see it happen.
Eh, the game's PAK file is encrypted, so it's not as easy as you're making it seem, unless you're willing to share a tutorial that doesn't require going through UE4 and checking the source code on a wild adventure to find the key, or unless you actually know what the encryption key is.

I'm trying to do the exact thing you're talking about btw, haha.

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
Only worthwhile source I've found for extracting the AES key from UE4 is

Not had time to test it out, looks straightforward but a bit tedious. I was hoping to find the key via cheatengine but I think once it loads the index it discards the key.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Only worthwhile source I've found for extracting the AES key from UE4 is

Not had time to test it out, looks straightforward but a bit tedious. I was hoping to find the key via cheatengine but I think once it loads the index it discards the key.
Yeah, that's exactly the same tutorial I was using. It's VERY tedious, and as far as being straightforward, it's incredibly complicated, since I know next to nothing about coding UE4, and requires a bunch of downloading and understanding different software. So yeah, I'll either wait if someone finds the key, or just take care of other projects; as much as I'd love to tinker with the actual Bioasshard project, I don't wanna wade through the mud for the encryption key.

D

Deleted member 744805

Hi All! It's a great game, I like it so much. But it wouldn't be bad if there were some tentacle monsters or something like that with some scenes of course :)
I look forward to the next release :)

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
Yeah, that's exactly the same tutorial I was using. It's VERY tedious, and as far as being straightforward, it's incredibly complicated, since I know next to nothing about coding UE4, and requires a bunch of downloading and understanding different software. So yeah, I'll either wait if someone finds the key, or just take care of other projects; as much as I'd love to tinker with the actual Bioasshard project, I don't wanna wade through the mud for the encryption key.
All you need is the debugger really, he already explains the relevant parts of the UE code (why it jumps) so you can skip all that. I spent a few minutes on it tonight, I did get into the right section of code, and did get some valid looking strings from the various registers, but none of them worked (trying to view .pak via UModel), so I missed it, or got the formatting wrong. Obviously, he was working on his own code so knew the key to look for so much less trial and error.

I won't waste time creating and testing my own UE project like he did, but will try again later this week to see if the key can be found, unless someone beats me to it (and kindly posts it here).

EvilClone

Mar 1, 2018
So...what are the chances we get the dog animations fixed and a save feature available by next release?
also what's the estimate time until next release?

Reactions: Bobeagle

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
All you need is the debugger really, he already explains the relevant parts of the UE code (why it jumps) so you can skip all that. I spent a few minutes on it tonight, I did get into the right section of code, and did get some valid looking strings from the various registers, but none of them worked (trying to view .pak via UModel), so I missed it, or got the formatting wrong. Obviously, he was working on his own code so knew the key to look for so much less trial and error.

I won't waste time creating and testing my own UE project like he did, but will try again later this week to see if the key can be found, unless someone beats me to it (and kindly posts it here).
Thanks! While that's helpful, I'm still so lost trying to understand what's going on. I've sorta dropped trying to find the key in favor of doing some translating, but I'll come back to it. If you find the key though, it'd be great to post here (well, then again, I'm not sure if Versus X would appreciate that either).

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
So...what are the chances we get the dog animations fixed and a save feature available by next release?
also what's the estimate time until next release?
The public patreon post said the dog animations would be fixed and the save feature would be "later". I'd expect both in the next update, but don't expect an update soon, took them a year from the last one.

Thanks! While that's helpful, I'm still so lost trying to understand what's going on. I've sorta dropped trying to find the key in favor of doing some translating, but I'll come back to it. If you find the key though, it'd be great to post here (well, then again, I'm not sure if Versus X would appreciate that either).
It can be confusing, the sample code is in C while the debugger is giving you the results in ASM with values in hex. Plus theres also conversion into base64 once you find the value that looks plausible.

have cheat ?
unlimited bullet
Why do you need more bullets? Theres more in the game that drops than is needed. Dogs have a high chance to drop them for example, plus look on the crates and under furniture. If you really need it tho, its just 4 byte value in CE, scan for number you have, fire once, rescan etc, will find it in a couple of seconds. Just increase the number in the gun mag so never have to reload either if your gonna do that.

Feb 14, 2019
When people say the Dog Animations are Broken, are they actually in the game? Cause iirc the dog just kills you and they don't try to do any animations, or is it just a small chance of it happening and I got unlucky, and the animations themselves are glitchey?

Imprimis

Feb 11, 2019
When people say the Dog Animations are Broken, are they actually in the game? Cause iirc the dog just kills you and they don't try to do any animations, or is it just a small chance of it happening and I got unlucky, and the animations themselves are glitchey?
The animations are in the game files I beleive, not confirmed that yet, but they will never trigger in the current build as they were coded wrong. All they can do for now is kill you.

• Angry
Reactions: Yuuuuuri

EvilClone

Mar 1, 2018
Last update was on Oct 11, any estimate on a new build release?(of any tier)
I have hope for this project, and a monthly build would be a delight.
Edit: i like this game so much i downloaded an older version just to see some of the missing animations like missionary.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 44 Votes