3.30 star(s) 55 Votes

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Dean: You're not the hero of your own story...and you're a monster for this...making me suck your dick...

Me: Well, I personally would object to that but the Dev here insist since I am just so so mean. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As a fan of the game, I do think this one was a bit rough and forced. (No punn intended)

I would have liked and option here to not do it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Make no mistake, I love this game to bits, bit this choice was a bit off for me.

Bestinian

Nov 3, 2021
As a fan of the game, I do think this one was a bit rough and forced. (No punn intended)

I would have liked and option here to not do it.

Make no mistake, I love this game to bits, bit this choice was a bit off for me.
Is there are an option for anything but to forgive Ashley? It seems you don't really have a choice but to forgive her, even if you haven't banged her and broke it off. I still have no idea what triggers hating Annie or not, either. Had one route where things were coming off as more flirty between the MC and her, but MC was on the Ashley route, and at the last big choice in 3.5 had the MC saying she was as bad as the others, despite being on fairly good terms. Then, in a route where the MC treats everyone like crap, Ashley was still forgiven, and somehow despite everything, the MC ends up on good terms with Annie.

Hell, in that route he didn't force the Dean into sex. Whatever hidden stat is governing the character of the MC, it is hard to predict, that is for sure.

Reactions: DirectXD1943

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Is there are an option for anything but to forgive Ashley? It seems you don't really have a choice but to forgive her, even if you haven't banged her and broke it off. I still have no idea what triggers hating Annie or not, either. Had one route where things were coming off as more flirty between the MC and her, but MC was on the Ashley route, and at the last big choice in 3.5 had the MC saying she was as bad as the others, despite being on fairly good terms. Then, in a route where the MC treats everyone like crap, Ashley was still forgiven, and somehow despite everything, the MC ends up on good terms with Annie.

Hell, in that route he didn't force the Dean into sex. Whatever hidden stat is governing the character of the MC, it is hard to predict, that is for sure.
Turns out Dean scene flag is getting the Kate bj scene. Apparently that shows MC has no problem sexually coercing others and that allows Dean scene to happen. Which is weird since you can have a save where MC practically rapes Emma (much darker than Kate's scene imo) and you still don't get the Dean scene if you haven't gotten sucked by the lead bitch before.

I think this game's main problem is how it handles different routes. When you have a game that has two very opposing routes, the baseline plot (what you see no matter which route you are on) needs to have neutral characterization. So the MC needs to behave in a way that neither route A, nor route B, are so much different than his baseline character that make him look bi-polar. The problem in this one is that his baseline behavior is very similar to the "redemption" path, so whenever you see scenes from the darker/revenge route, they seem out of character. Like he suddenly went psycho. And on the same note, players who want to go all out revenge are frustrated by his timid and often positive behavior in baseline plot. Also kinda related, info and exposition that should have been in baseline story, is hidden behind choices on who you want to bang. One example would be that you shouldn't be looking to bang Annie, in order to be able to know what the fuck happened to your relationship with your stepsis.

Granted it's not uncommon in choice based VNs, branching storytelling is a bitch to do properly. It's just frustrating that a game with such good characterization for its NPCs, has an MC who seems borderline schizo with his inconsistent thoughts and actions.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Turns out Dean scene flag is getting the Kate bj scene. Apparently that shows MC has no problem sexually coercing others and that allows Dean scene to happen. Which is weird since you can have a save where MC practically rapes Emma (much darker than Kate's scene imo) and you still don't get the Dean scene if you haven't gotten sucked by the lead bitch before.

I think this game's main problem is how it handles different routes. When you have a game that has two very opposing routes, the baseline plot (what you see no matter which route you are on) needs to have neutral characterization. So the MC needs to behave in a way that neither route A, nor route B, are so much different than his baseline character that make him look bi-polar. The problem in this one is that his baseline behavior is very similar to the "redemption" path, so whenever you see scenes from the darker/revenge route, they seem out of character. Like he suddenly went psycho. And on the same note, players who want to go all out revenge are frustrated by his timid and often positive behavior in baseline plot. Also kinda related, info and exposition that should have been in baseline story, is hidden behind choices on who you want to bang. One example would be that you shouldn't be looking to bang Annie, in order to be able to know what the fuck happened to your relationship with your stepsis.

Granted it's not uncommon in choice based VNs, branching storytelling is a bitch to do properly. It's just frustrating that a game with such good characterization for its NPCs, has an MC who seems borderline schizo with his inconsistent thoughts and actions.
Once again, I like this game, and my MC so far is playing very much like I want it to.

I don't want to discourage the dev in anyway and I think his idea for writing the game is actually quite solid.

Having said that, I do think that he needs to be careful to not diverge the personality of the MC to far from his baseline. One would like to recognize the same MC in the dark (Full revenge) and forgiving path (IMO). There is a couple of inconsistencies, that I think could be improved with a bit of tinkering from the dev.

So the game is not flawless in terms of the different paths, but so far IMO it's doing a pretty good job.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Well I see a lot of people writing that this game does not make sense and rating it with a low score. But if anyone does an honest analysis of the game it will see that the story makes sense and does not end here.

Most people are just expecting a straighfoward path, but that is not what happens in real life. The writing of this game is actually 10/10, (some english mistakes, but is normal for non native writers). Relationships in real life are not black and white, so it is understandable that Ashley does not follow the MC like a sheep. Most people are just dumb and want a path where woman follow them like sheep and the outcome is just favoring them always. But this game is so good because you don't know what is going to happen and who is gonna win. That introduces a spicy element that makes the MC wanting to pursue the revenge with more strength and totally destroy the bitches. For me that gives me a lot of more pleasure, because I know that in the end the MC will be able to totally destroy the bitches and fuck another girls as a bonus from the war. Rachel is one example of the bonus that came from the war with the bitches. If the bitches did not fought back, MC would never had the opportunity to fuck Rachel, but as a result of the war he was able to fuck her. And I expect to fuck Christie too in future episodes because of that. In fact I expect to fuck all the sorority girls as the result of the humilation that the bitches performed. To say more I expect the MC to taste the sweetness of power and become the college leader that manipulates everyone for his pleasure.

I understand those that are looking for a harem path, because I always want that too and I hate NTR. But this is a revenge game, the dev is creating a very strong reason for the MC to totally destroy the bitches.

The renders, the UI and the animations could be better and that is why I rate this game, as a 7/10. But the writing is one of the best that I ever experienced in an AVN, literally 10/10.
No. The writing is the least believable part of any of this. First of all the BS are all high achieving ambitious young women. Which means they would be stepping all over each other to try to take Kate's spot. It would be like the female version of the boiler room in comparrison. Their pacts and friendships wouldn't hold up under any scrutiny whatsoever, moreover it's shocking that step sis wouldn't join MC in taking them down so she could try to position herself to take over. Either way the writing is so unrealistic in how loyal they are to each other it's almost sickening. I highly doubt the MC is going to achieve true revenge as has been pointed out because 1. he's not very smart even for a college student and even under the tutelage of whatever her name is his plans up until this release have achieved very little except pissing off Kates father.. 2. his inner circle consists of tommy who is well definitely not someone to put in the spotlight and the other girl I forget her name but she's just seemingly an add on as she hasn't actually done much maybe that's intentional and her involvement will ramp up or maybe she's just there for filler or to be the third musketeer so to speak. There is a lot of story to still be told but the writing is completely off balance yet you call it good and real. The whole harem deal well that's neither a make or break for me personally as long we aren't rail roaded into an exclusive relationship early on like we were here with ashley. That part honestly is about the only realistic piece of the story. I could go on but I should stop as I don't want to babble.

Bestinian

Nov 3, 2021
No. The writing is the least believable part of any of this. First of all the BS are all high achieving ambitious young women. Which means they would be stepping all over each other to try to take Kate's spot. It would be like the female version of the boiler room in comparrison. Their pacts and friendships wouldn't hold up under any scrutiny whatsoever, moreover it's shocking that step sis wouldn't join MC in taking them down so she could try to position herself to take over. Either way the writing is so unrealistic in how loyal they are to each other it's almost sickening. I highly doubt the MC is going to achieve true revenge as has been pointed out because 1. he's not very smart even for a college student and even under the tutelage of whatever her name is his plans up until this release have achieved very little except pissing off Kates father.. 2. his inner circle consists of tommy who is well definitely not someone to put in the spotlight and the other girl I forget her name but she's just seemingly an add on as she hasn't actually done much maybe that's intentional and her involvement will ramp up or maybe she's just there for filler or to be the third musketeer so to speak. There is a lot of story to still be told but the writing is completely off balance yet you call it good and real. The whole harem deal well that's neither a make or break for me personally as long we aren't rail roaded into an exclusive relationship early on like we were here with ashley. That part honestly is about the only realistic piece of the story. I could go on but I should stop as I don't want to babble.
I'm not quite there with you, but I do agree the BS are just the most loyal girls of all time, and it does get a little tiring. If you were to step back it feels more like they are the good guys in the scenario. I get wanting to keep things grey, but as it is written they all have something nasty in their past, they all perfectly supportive of each other when the shit hits the fan. They all only act out in retaliation as well. What we know of them in high school just doesn't gel with how they act in college.

Agree, and have said this before. Way too much character information is hidden in alternate routes. if you don't go after Charlotte, Amber ceases to really exist in the story. You have zero information to go on with Annie if you aren't banging her, and that is a problem. Plus since Ashley is the default LI choice, you lose out of most important plot and backstory info if you decide not to break it off with her. Again, the choices you make don't seem to flow well into each other, and most of it ends up being about cutting off sex scenes.

The best example of this is the cabin. Annie wants to go with the MC to patch things up. For some reason, if the MC is dating Ashley then Annie suddenly can't make it. Why? It makes no sense. I could see Annie cancelling if the MC is a dick to her, and maybe sending Emma in her place, but that is really it.But it feels like the cabin scenario was CREATED to let the player get more information about Annie. Then in order to make choices "matter" it was twisted into two scenes that aren't as necessary to the plot.

Same goes with Charlotte. If you want anything with her, you have to focus on all the other girls. Why? There really isn't a good reason that Ashley can't focus on Charlotte, the REASON she hates the BS, while you focus on the other girls. She adds nothing to your investigation of the sorority initiation, but one blocks the other. And if you don't pick Charlotte, you lose valuable character beats for not only Charlotte, but Amber too.

Once again, I like this game, and my MC so far is playing very much like I want it to.

I don't want to discourage the dev in anyway and I think his idea for writing the game is actually quite solid.

Having said that, I do think that he needs to be careful to not diverge the personality of the MC to far from his baseline. One would like to recognize the same MC in the dark (Full revenge) and forgiving path (IMO). There is a couple of inconsistencies, that I think could be improved with a bit of tinkering from the dev.

So the game is not flawless in terms of the different paths, but so far IMO it's doing a pretty good job.
It's not a matter of being flawless or irredeemable, the game is neither. Honestly it has a great concept to start out with, Bullied kid tries to move on from his bullies but finds himself seeking revenge when they show up at his new school. Simple concept, problematic execution. If even you, the game's biggest cheerleader in this thread have points where you stop and go "WTF?!?!?!" there are clearly a few problems with characterization. And most of the fixes aren't even ones that need major plot overhauls.

It doesn't help that its dev drive by posts to attack the most easy to refute posters in a snarky way, then vanishes into the night.

For a college game with attractive and interesting characters, it should be doing way better than it is, and it's a shame. Yeah, the facial expressions kinda suck, but he's clearly working hard on the game and putting in a lot of effort.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I'm not quite there with you, but I do agree the BS are just the most loyal girls of all time, and it does get a little tiring. If you were to step back it feels more like they are the good guys in the scenario. I get wanting to keep things grey, but as it is written they all have something nasty in their past, they all perfectly supportive of each other when the shit hits the fan. They all only act out in retaliation as well. What we know of them in high school just doesn't gel with how they act in college.

Exactly in 3-3.5 months between High School and College these girls became beacons of goodness? I highly doubt it but as you say they are written as the white hats in this one it would be nice if we could actually prove without a doubt that they aren't instead of continually having pointless/speculative arguments with Annie. All we have is lot's of suspicion and guess' as to who is exactly behind what... We have Tommy hacking but seems everyone is too smart to electronically mention anything that would help MC and company... I mean governments around the world are failing at that but these girls are so smart they never make a mistake or inadvertently mention anything?

Reactions: Bestinian
Mar 29, 2020
Haven't played through it all but it seems like this is going the redemption/misunderstanding route. I hope that not every girl of the bitch squad will turn out to be a misunderstood good girl or a reformed bully and we actually get to have some justified revenge against these A-holes, at least make Charlotte and Emma unredeemable.

I can see Annie, Sarah and Katie not knowing about the MC being bullied and it turning out that it was just the jocks being assholes towards you because they thought it would please the Bitch Squad. Sarah seemed like she was too focused on her studies to see what was going on around her and Annie seemed to not have realized that that one prank caused a lot of after effects especially cause she is in her own perfect little world created by the ring leader Katie who everyone seems to adore.
Katie will probably turn out to be a misunderstood angel who just wanted to set up her friends for life, and do what's best for them. That's probably also the reason why they are all at the same college as the MC cause it was the best college they all could get in to.

But seriously let us get some justified revenge without a bad ending or a "you turned into the kind of people you thought they where" sort of bullshit, I really just want to feel some catharsis in the form of some coldhearted but justified revenge against a group of highschool bitches.
That is a game that you can PLAY if you like or DONT PLAY IF YOU DONT.
BUT nobody here wants to read your stupid speech because is a BIG bullshit that we dont need it right here and right now.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Guys, I need your help because I'm going crazy here: HOW THE HELL DO I GET CHARLOTTE'S BLACKMAIL SCENE AT THE BAR LIBRARY?
I got it on my first playthrough months ago, but my saves got bugged due to a mod, today I started the game all over again after installing a clean 3.5 version and I can't get that scene at all. I focused on Charlotte both times we can choose to, Amber snuck into her room and spies on her fucking that rando, but after that I never get the blackmail scene at the bar library.
Is there anything else I need to get that? I don't think so, but as I said I'm going crazy.

EDIT: I don't know why I kept saying at the bar. It meant at the library

Last edited:

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Guys, I need your help because I'm going crazy here: HOW THE HELL DO I GET CHARLOTTE'S BLACKMAIL SCENE AT THE BAR LIBRARY?
I got it on my first playthrough months ago, but my saves got bugged due to a mod, today I started the game all over again after installing a clean 3.5 version and I can't get that scene at all. I focused on Charlotte both times we can choose to, Amber snuck into her room and spies on her fucking that rando, but after that I never get the blackmail scene at the bar library.
Is there anything else I need to get that? I don't think so, but as I said I'm going crazy.

EDIT: I don't know why I kept saying at the bar. It meant at the library
not sure I went a different route. I believe I got that scene once on accident and from what you say you chose sounds like you made the correct choices but if it didn't trigger maybe the dev went back and changed something I really think this game needs a mod because so much content can be missed so easily.

Reactions: Aristos

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Exactly in 3-3.5 months between High School and College these girls became beacons of goodness? I highly doubt it but as you say they are written as the white hats in this one it would be nice if we could actually prove without a doubt that they aren't instead of continually having pointless/speculative arguments with Annie. All we have is lot's of suspicion and guess' as to who is exactly behind what... We have Tommy hacking but seems everyone is too smart to electronically mention anything that would help MC and company... I mean governments around the world are failing at that but these girls are so smart they never make a mistake or inadvertently mention anything?
Hmmm...
They are undoubtedly not good:
1) They destroyed the sorority
2) They got Rachel expelled
3) They leaked nude photos of all the sorority girls, basically destroying their reputations.
4) They arranged for Samantha(?) to be beaten up
5) They are getting basically crushing anyone that stands in their way (Getting faculty members fired)

All these things are without a doubt caused by the BS (Kate).
All that's in dispute, is the involvement of the likes of Annie and Sarah.

First of all the BS are all high achieving ambitious young women. Which means they would be stepping all over each other to try to take Kate's spot. It would be like the female version of the boiler room in comparrison. Their pacts and friendships wouldn't hold up under any scrutiny whatsoever, moreover it's shocking that step sis wouldn't join MC in taking them down so she could try to position herself to take over. Either way the writing is so unrealistic in how loyal they are to each other it's almost sickening.
So I respectfully disagree. What Kate manged to do, was get together a rag tag of girls with intense personal problems. (Annie being in a toxic relationship, Charlotte not being able to deal with her mom's death, Sarah probably being an extreme introvert etc etc. ) (I have not played Emma's path)

She managed to spot the girls (like birds with broken wings) and managed to pull them, in and build them back up into a very tightknit friend circle. She gave them their confidence back. The way she treats them all for one and one for all and leave no one behind, does indeed inspire loyalty.

I don't think the other girls are remotely in the same league as Kate. She is a natural leader. Without her, there would be no BS. No other girl has even remotely shown any real leadership qualities. They are all followers, despite being as you say, high achievers.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hmmm...
3) They leaked nude photos of all the sorority girls, basically destroying their reputations.
5) They are getting basically crushing anyone that stands in their way (Getting faculty members fired)

So I respectfully disagree. What Kate manged to do, was get together a rag tag of girls with intense personal problems. (Annie being in a toxic relationship, Charlotte not being able to deal with her mom's death, Sarah probably being an extreme introvert etc etc. ) (I have not played Emma's path)

She managed to spot the girls (like birds with broken wings) and managed to pull them, in and build them back up into a very tightknit friend circle. She gave them their confidence back. The way she treats them all for one and one for all and leave no one behind, does indeed inspire loyalty.

I don't think the other girls are remotely in the same league as Kate. She is a natural leader. Without her, there would be no BS. No other girl has even remotely shown any real leadership qualities. They are all followers, despite being as you say, high achievers.
So, after being aware of all this, you still want to go the redemption route? Because it's quite obvious now that we have a moral compass, that that's the "expected" route. If all attempts to have Revenge are "Dark", the Dev is telling us that that is the "Not Recommended" path. From what he's done before, it's obvious that he will not allow much room for deviation of his intended path. That, is actually OK, it is his story after all, we are just along for the ride. Yet, he keeps promising things that are obviously never going to happen. Things like an assertive but not obnoxious MC. Things like allowing us to cut ties with the BS. Things like leaving Ashley.

It is his prerogative to have control of the story, it goes without saying. What it is becoming increasingly clear, is that the Revenge path is only possible if you embrace the asshole route. With rape, blackmail and all the trimmings of a villain.

So a good guy path will not get Revenge, or will have a diluted version of it.

This is rather unsatisfying. I don't play Bad Guys, it's not in my temperament, it's not even remotely in my interests. So, the story became a lot less interesting and the frustration has increased.

Ah well, it was becoming rather obvious that this title was not really for me. I'll keep looking into this, but, unless there is a good guy path of Revenge, I don't think I'll play this again.

Why do I insist on that? Well, it is clear that they are up to no good. It shouldn't be necessary to be morally corrupt to stop them. In fact, that should be the righteous path, not the other way around.

Peace :(

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Hmmm...

well we have no proof on number 4 that's still just speculation. Again another unsolved issue but we got to tell a lie to get one of the squad in trouble instead of proving something or getting any actual intel. Like I said we can never get any proof of anything so MC and company have to make shit up convincing themselves it's for the right reasons. So MC becomes the very thing he hates... and loses himself in the process or is he finding himself? Either way back to my original point where are the likable characters? Because I'm rooting for all them to fail atm...

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
well we have no proof on number 4 that's still just speculation. Again another unsolved issue but we got to tell a lie to get one of the squad in trouble instead of proving something or getting any actual intel. Like I said we can never get any proof of anything so MC and company have to make shit up convincing themselves it's for the right reasons. So MC becomes the very thing he hates... and loses himself in the process or is he finding himself? Either way back to my original point where are the likable characters? Because I'm rooting for all them to fail atm...
I think any reasonable person playing the game can derive that number 4 is true.

1) Samantha was attacked by 2 men

2) They took only the drive

3) The images were released from that drive

4) Kate disliked the sorority and believed them to be "evil"

5) She feels the ends justifies the mean.

6) MC confronts her about Samantha

7) She does not deny it and part of her answer is that pain is sometimes needed

Not full proof in any way, but pretty sure any reasonable man that's provided with this evidence will conclude that this was at the behest of the BS. I can not remember where in the game it occurs, but there were also some indications that the goons that did it to Samantha, worked for Kate's dad.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
So, after being aware of all this, you still want to go the redemption route? Because it's quite obvious now that we have a moral compass, that that's the "expected" route. If all attempts to have Revenge are "Dark", the Dev is telling us that that is the "Not Recommended" path. From what he's done before, it's obvious that he will not allow much room for deviation of his intended path. That, is actually OK, it is his story after all, we are just along for the ride. Yet, he keeps promising things that are obviously never going to happen. Things like an assertive but not obnoxious MC. Things like allowing us to cut ties with the BS. Things like leaving Ashley.

It is his prerogative to have control of the story, it goes without saying. What it is becoming increasingly clear, is that the Revenge path is only possible if you embrace the asshole route. With rape, blackmail and all the trimmings of a villain.

So a good guy path will not get Revenge, or will have a diluted version of it.

This is rather unsatisfying. I don't play Bad Guys, it's not in my temperament, it's not even remotely in my interests. So, the story became a lot less interesting and the frustration has increased.

Ah well, it was becoming rather obvious that this title was not really for me. I'll keep looking into this, but, unless there is a good guy path of Revenge, I don't think I'll play this again.

Why do I insist on that? Well, it is clear that they are up to no good. It shouldn't be necessary to be morally corrupt to stop them. In fact, that should be the righteous path, not the other way around.

I play the redemption road, because I believe the BS is not all bad. Yes all of them were enablers, but I think Kate is pretty much the mastermind behind everything. Yes, Emma and Charlotte are mean girls, but they are the traditional type of bullies. Without Kate, they are nothing.

The problem is that Kate does not think what she do is evil. I agree with the MC that Kate needs to be stopped, and I also think if you can somehow defeat Kate, the rest of the BS will fall apart.

I think all of the BS have redeeming qualities. Maybe even Kate, but Kate needs to be defeated first.

Reactions: FatGiant

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
man i go back and forth on my opinions of this story. initially i was in the mc's corner on going for revenge on the bitches. and i don't disagree with anything that happens in full revenge route. Amber gets her revenge on Charlotte and decides to keep going with it. Sarah is a hard one for me. the bj scene seems to have made her more open with her sexuality so it doesn't seem like a bad thing and as time moves on, she is not targeted by anyone at the college. so releasing her bj video isn't that bad but i always played mc as being against it. and even though he feels guilty about it, he really shouldn't. sure poor Sarah was embarrassed, but she doesn't have much sympathy for mc's nude pics being made public so why should we care about hers. i love mc treating Emma badly since she is a dominant personality that seems to be relunctantly accepting the mc dominating her sexually. forcing Kate to blow mc fits more with Kate's revenge on the sorority so i keep that in there which then leads mc blackmailint the dean for giving her help. but that choice may fuck mc over at some point since the dean is now kind of an enemy in a way. she can now fuck over the mc any time she wants to.
as for Annie, i loved that the mc treats her badly and that is how i prefer to play her route, i even have a save where mc frames her as cheating in the records. i did that to all 3 bitches that i was able to. but there should have been an option to do that to Kate as well imo.
still alot of story to come but i may have to replay it from the beginning again at some point.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I play the redemption road, because I believe the BS is not all bad. Yes all of them were enablers, but I think Kate is pretty much the mastermind behind everything. Yes, Emma and Charlotte are mean girls, but they are the traditional type of bullies. Without Kate, they are nothing.

The problem is that Kate does not think what she do is evil. I agree with the MC that Kate needs to be stopped, and I also think if you can somehow defeat Kate, the rest of the BS will fall apart.

I think all of the BS have redeeming qualities. Maybe even Kate, but Kate needs to be defeated first.
Yes, it's clear that that is the story the Dev is pushing. Everything was just a misunderstanding.

I can't say that I like it, but, I'll be honest, I prefer to restart the game than to go the asshole route. One thing is certain, I'll stay away from Ashley. Preferably I would stay away from everyone. I don't really need the sex scenes, if they come with such a price.

I still feel that this MC is... I don't even know... he's simply awful. Maybe if I embrace his detached side, he's a bit more bearable.

Yeah, I think that's the only option to be able to be in this story. However unfulfilling that is. The other option is drastically worse while not being satisfying also. I refuse to be a villain, to be turned into one, to HAVE to be one.

About the redeeming qualities, we could debate it until the end of days. Doesn't mean we would ever agree. To be fair, we only disagree on Annie and Sarah.

- I still maintain that Annie HAD to know, that she DID know and that she simply didn't care. OK, she doesn't reciprocate the feelings that the MC had for her, fine. It's hurtful, but it is what it is. She had the decency to be embarrassed when of the photo incident in the party. Not sure if because the MC was naked, or if because of her part in it. I don't see a way out for our relationship with her, without a serious effort on her part. But, she doesn't feel any guilt AT ALL. So, where and what is her redeeming quality? Wishful thinking non-withstanding obviously.

- Sarah is that detached? That Oblivious? I think that she could be the least harmful of the BS, yes, but she's NOT a saint and not absent from guilt, if for nothing else for willful blindness. While she didn't have the same weight as Annie for the MC, she's still very much a part of his constant humiliation and as cognizant of the beatings as everyone of them. However guiltless all of them pretend to be.

I'm trying to keep in this story, I really am. Mostly because I wanna see what the Dev does to it. But, I no longer have any real avenue for it to be satisfying. What I can do is to play the least obnoxious path, to me, obviously. This "Let's forgive all bullies, they didn't know." shtick doesn't really agree with me, but, be turned into a rapist blackmailer villain, is a whole LOT worse.

OK, Dev, this is still on, but instead of being happy to be here, I'm resigned to be here. I'll play a path I'm not interested in, because the option I want makes me play a role that I can't stand. Not a happy camper, honestly.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
not sure I went a different route. I believe I got that scene once on accident and from what you say you chose sounds like you made the correct choices but if it didn't trigger maybe the dev went back and changed something I really think this game needs a mod because so much content can be missed so easily.
Apparently, there was still some problem with my persistent save files due to those bugs that I mentioned. I deleted everything again, including this time the hidden game files, then I installed the game once more and it worked.
As I said, it was quite simple: you just have to choose to follow Charlotte, so Ashley will spy on her and get evidence that she cheats on her boyfriend. After that, Charlotte's blackmail scenes will play out automatically.

Reactions: Alfius

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I think any reasonable person playing the game can derive that number 4 is true.

1) Samantha was attacked by 2 men

2) They took only the drive

3) The images were released from that drive

4) Kate disliked the sorority and believed them to be "evil"

5) She feels the ends justifies the mean.

6) MC confronts her about Samantha

7) She does not deny it and part of her answer is that pain is sometimes needed

Not full proof in any way, but pretty sure any reasonable man that's provided with this evidence will conclude that this was at the behest of the BS. I can not remember where in the game it occurs, but there were also some indications that the goons that did it to Samantha, worked for Kate's dad.
Right but where is the proof he can use against her? Why was he not recording the conversations just in case? Imagine how different your conversation with Annie would have been especially if you played that for her? Again MC is not very sharp... I mean it wouldn't be hard to wear a wire or have a pocket recorder on hand... but again that would require forethought and planning or the dev just doesn't care if the MC can prove anything and it's going to continue to be all behind the scenes shady shit. That one conversation could have brought Kate down in a heart beat because just like you everyone would know this woman who claims to be for women's justice is just a gangster/politician type and is only out for herself. But because MC knows that seems to be good enough...

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Right but where is the proof he can use against her? Why was he not recording the conversations just in case? Again MC is not very sharp... I mean it wouldn't be hard to wear a wire or have a pocket recorder on hand... but again that would require forethought and planning or the dev just doesn't care if the MC can prove anything and it's going to continue to be all behind the scenes shady shit. That one conversation could have brought Kate down in a heart beat because just like you everyone would know this woman who claims to be for women's justice is just a gangster/politician type and is only out for herself. But because MC knows that seems to be good enough...
100% I thought you meant that we as the players does not know that it was Kate.

I also agree 100% with you that Kate is 5 steps in front of the MC. (Btw a wire would not prove anything. Even though she does not deny it, she also never admits to it. You as the player can just make your own conclusions, but it would not convince anyone about their guilt.)

At this stage, yes, I would agree, the MC is not winning the battle against the BS, and yes, his team is not up to the challenge. But I the story is not even half way through. I'm pretty sure, at some stage, the mc will start getting the upper hand.

All good things comes to those who wait. I don't think the ending would be to everyone's liking. But I do think at least some revenge is on the cards for the MC towards the end of the game.

Last point: People saying that MC and his friends are not getting any wins.
But: (Granted not in 1 playthrough.
1) Embarrassed Sarah (Naked Picure)
2) Humiliated Kate b(BJ)
3) Foiled their plans to join the sorority
4) Blackmailed Charlotte
5) Did some things to Emma (Did not play this path, but I heard about R...)
6) Caused one of the BS to be investigated over fraud.

Sure, the BS always came back with vengeance, but they have not been completely useless.
The game is still only halfway and the MC and his friends are starting from a much lower base as the BS

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xeron_Xr
3.30 star(s) 55 Votes