DIKnemero

Dec 15, 2021
It was my favorite game. In this way, starting over in the middle of the road disappointed me. I think that if the game was final and nobody would object to the remake. This really didn't happen..

Assman_6969

Dec 6, 2020
I am out if Lisa is no longer the exact Lisa she was in the prior thing you can say it was, I just call it a way to see Lisa and the rest bluh....whatever.Changing any one thing Lisa is when you decided you would steer the project in the shitter if she isn't the same model from before. If so who cares about the others?
Hazel_tcsv-sig.gif 88sTriangle_Reaper_Faith_sig.gif Bella_da_best_sg_sig.gif

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
Hitting escape brings up the Save menu, with none of the buttons on the left. So now you have to use the minibar on the bottom to access everything.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Tried the remaster/remake, and my firm opinion is; You can take that thing, and shove it up your ass. As far as you can. Then get someone to help you shove it even further up there.

First off, it really does not improve on anything over the previous, at all, and imo makes it worse overall. Why kill the game with sandbox and potentially minigames? And that dream shit? It's just that... Utter shit. Overuse of dreams as a crutch is just shitty writing compared to the previous version. There's just so much wrong with this one. Sure some of the models look slightly, and I use that term as loosely as a veteran whore on the strip pulling trains all day every day, better. And that's about the only good thing I can manage to say about this "remaster"/remake.

TL;DR: You fucked over your game, fix it. How? Go back to what worked, as in, start at the end of ep6p2 and go from there. And keep it that way. Shit you just tried looks mostly the same, and at the same time worse. Also, it pays off to have a complete menu ui, not that not-even half-assed attempt at one shown.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
I get your point but, this game wasn't really that long, so I wouldn't call it a lot of wasted time. Definitely nothing like the third game in your sig when it got remade. Now that was a lot of wasted time.
No it wasn't I didn't even have to start over :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: I used to have Where It All Began in my signature, emphasis on used to. :BootyTime: Besides, wasted time isn't just from the player's perspective, that would mean the least at this point because the game is still in development so there's always a risk something like that happens. But also a waste of time for the developer, because new methods and techniques, or even plot improvements are all nice and well but why not apply it to the next title instead? It shows: Clear improvement in development skills between games, no need to write a new plot, no need to source new image content to replace old ones, and no need for fans to wait for a release they've already seen before. Besides, you can ALWAYS release a remastered version after the original one.

You know there are actually 37 people paying this developer through monthly donations so they can see this developer's content earlier than everyone else? I sure hope the developer at least made this decision a matter of votes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
BiteSeasonOne-0.0a (Remake)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
BiteSeasonOne-EP6P2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: xapican

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
Why are people calling the old version "good" or "perfect"? As if there isn't 20+ pages of why a remake was needed. The story and plot was all over the place and most of it didn't make any sense. People are so weird.
"Point & Click system has been added." I'm more worried about this:oops:
point and click isnt that bad so far. game was always a mess but liked it nonetheless no idea whats going on with the black textures

Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
point and click isnt that bad so far. game was always a mess but liked it nonetheless no idea whats going on with the black textures
I don't know either...

BUT

(Hypothesis to be confirmed) It's possible that because the MC hasn't met those LI's IRL, when he meets them in his "visions" or "Dreams" or whatever the fuck they are, they show up with that texture.

If you go to the Love Interests screen, you'll see points attributed to the first one (if you choose to trust her) yet, she's still Unknown and the portrait is still B&W, while Emily that you've already met, the portrait is in color and has her name.

So, it may be a way to point to "new" players that those 2 are LI's yet to be discovered.

This is MY reading of it, it is quite possibly wrong. So far, it makes sense (to me at least).

Peace :)

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
FatGiant ; was my deduction as well, what do you think about the "new Start?" ,
I have mixed feelings.

- I am pleased with the slight overhaul of the characters looks. No Major changes (Major Changes ::Salutes:: ), but better definition on a few of them (except Diego, he still looks BAD).
- In spite of the small sample, it's already noticeable the better quality in the dialogues. The whole text feels better.
- I am NOT thrilled with the point-and-click and mini-games. I have no patience at all for Sandbox elements in a VN. I don't feel that they make sense, that they are needed, that they ADD anything of value to the story, what they add is annoyance, without ANY payoff. (my very personal view, obviously)
- I am puzzled by this "new way" to introduce the story. Visions, uh uh. Yet, afterwards, he doesn't even reflects on what they may mean, what is going on, what the hell is wrong with him. He just goes on with his life calm as a cucumber. No inner monologue, no wondering, no asking how he got that way...
- I really don't like the menu interface. The Dev team, didn't even consider that most of the people play this Fullscreen, so they NEED an Exit button. Also, removing links and functions from the Esc (Save) screen is a really idiotic move.

Overall, in terms of text and graphics, it's a clear win. In everything else, not so much. The story, so far, feels even more confusing than what already was. With mentions and info drops out of nowhere.

For example, the Hunters meeting. Who the fuck are them (for a new player)? Of what are they talking about? Supernatural creatures? Vampires? Werewolves? What? How is this all introduced BEFORE he's turned? It's completely out of place.

A text and graphics improvement, that's all.

Peace :(

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
FatGiant yes, more or less what I felt,
exept the point of Sandbox, (minigames no problem if they are skipable) I don't really have a problem with them, although they must be implemented well and logical, (what is the greates problem of it) , at the beginning these both things made me reconsider if I even play the "remake" besides the bummer is that the story has a cliffhanger, till they catch up.
about the confusing story, yeah agree totally, ironically, in this case the afterthoughts, would be apreciated (I guess the inner dialoge was harshly critizied in the first version.
i decided to take this prologue remake, as an tech demo of some sort, we have to wait how things develope from there,
The new UI is a big nope, the first version was better.
abrazo
P.S. better smile when you say peace, or you will get more wrikles as you already have ;):D

• Haha
Reactions: FatGiant
Mar 18, 2019
Been seeing this pop up on my latest for a long while, decided to try it. FML started terribly within the first 10 seconds and kept being terrible. The dialogue and plot are barely cohesive.

Then I read the thread and learned that it used to be way worse rofl.

Guess this one goes on ignore.

Gary prince

Aug 2, 2022
I loved this game before this update, what kind of shity things about that. Where is the Countinuety of old story. Now make it even worse. Really disappointed.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Up to the previous version:

The story for sure needed work, no problem with the Dev working on that.
The renders for sure could use work in several areas, no problem with models being tweaked .etc

But now with the rework:

5. Mini Games for more engaging action scenes.
6. Free-roam only at specific part of the game.
I'll pass.

I'll also say that 60fps animations are a bad idea unless you have a powerful render-farm and someone dedicated to tweaking each frame before rendering as opposed to using default pre-rigged animations.
5 seconds of animation is 300 renders. Thats about what most devs make for a whole update.
If you're doing animation, stick to 24fps just to keep the render count manageable to a degree, but even then, it's a lot of work.

The most important part should be a coherent story and well written characters, everything after that is a bonus.

scotsman2020

Oct 20, 2018
What the hell did i just play... this is one of my best games and its just been made into well i wont say on here. the remake not interested in. why cant they finish the game first them try and remake it a different way then people might be more interested in it. il wait till next update to see if i carry on playing it

Reactions: Ash22 and Eroc_419
2.40 star(s) 31 Votes