3.40 star(s) 29 Votes

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Level up your construction skill. Also, heads up, level up your tailoring.

Or do it the cheese way and savescum at the forest chest, that has a small chance to drop a comfy bed.

So I'm supposed to have a 15% chance, nice. Guess the 0.1% is our current primary source!
Oddly enough I had no problem getting spider eggs in the mine so it seems the error might be selective. The comfy bed on the other hand, you need white feathers (a lot of white feathers) it takes forever.
Have you actually found any sugar beet, a lot of recipies call for sugar, I can buy expensive sugar at the market but never saw beet.

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
How the heck do I level up my toon? I have been on level 1 with 50 exp to go and didnt earn any exp at all.

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Oddly enough I had no problem getting spider eggs in the mine so it seems the error might be selective. The comfy bed on the other hand, you need white feathers (a lot of white feathers) it takes forever.
Have you actually found any sugar beet, a lot of recipies call for sugar, I can buy expensive sugar at the market but never saw beet.
Even if the error is selective, FeyRing still found the problem. As for the beet, I'm yet to find that. In fact, I'm yet to find a whole bunch of seeds and I have gone on many plant uprooting expeditions.

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
Even if the error is selective, FeyRing still found the problem. As for the beet, I'm yet to find that. In fact, I'm yet to find a whole bunch of seeds and I have gone on many plant uprooting expeditions.
Yes a was about to ask what should be done to unlock Beet in market.. or is there a drop chance from the foraging skill ?
(or do you need botany higher than lvl1?)
For the fruits one you get them as you eat them..?

Last edited:

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Forest plants are good for random seeds, took me a long time to figure that one out

Yes a was about to ask what should be done to unlock Beet in market.. or is there a drop chance from the foraging skill ?
For the fruits one you get them as you eat them..?
Yep eat them, and you don't need many because the shrub stays

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Forest plants are good for random seeds, took me a long time to figure that one out
I'm yet to see player grown forest plants yield anything other than hay though, so that sucks. But I last gre those when I had 1 botany and 0 entomology, so maybe it'll be different if I try again, now that those are both lvl 4.

HarryRM

Dec 25, 2019
Player grown ones do not yield random seeds only hay as you have stated. There are two or three plants in the village you can get every day that can yield seeds and more in the wild if you are capable of (avoiding) combat.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
yeah i figured it out eventually, but maybe consider adjusting the exp gains on that thing it took me over half an hour to make the bed even with saveedit cheating.
That bed was supposed to be a late game Item, the exp yields from the current craft-able gear weren't really designed to level any of the specs above level 2.

Oddly enough I had no problem getting spider eggs in the mine so it seems the error might be selective.
This is rather strange because the way the game calculates it is by rolling a number 1-100 and adding your Luck to it twice and your entomology to it three times before checking if you got 100 or over on the score. When I said it should be impossible it was because I accidentally set it to check if the value was over 200 instead. The only real way of getting it thus would involve having a Luck or Entomology score in double digits which is impossible without save editing.

As for the beet, I'm yet to find that.
Okay, I have double checked this and I have now realised that I actually forgot to put them on the Merchant's list. I will correct this today.

Player grown ones do not yield random seeds only hay as you have stated. There are two or three plants in the village you can get every day that can yield seeds and more in the wild if you are capable of (avoiding) combat.
That is correct, wild Forest plants are the only ones the yield various other seeds occasionally. Outside the village is relatively safe during the day (if it is not Raining) as day time mobs don't actively attack you unless you walk right into them.

========

So... quite a few serious bugs were reported over the course of the last three days. I'll try to fix all of them in the next 3-4 hours and re-upload the game with the fixes today.

Reactions: Nellyg and L30

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Apologies for the double post but both the 0.1.5 versions on itch.io page have now been updated with the fixes, a small summary of changes and fixes can be read bellow.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: L30

Siglo95

Nov 29, 2017
i dont know if someone tried to open the Hunters chest more than 1 time, i got unlimited items from the chest.
i attacked the Hunter and then open the chest 1 time then 500 times and always give me items

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
i dont know if someone tried to open the Hunters chest more than 1 time, i got unlimited items from the chest.
i attacked the Hunter and then open the chest 1 time then 500 times and always give me items
An interesting bug! Luckily the preconditions for this happening were pretty unique so i doubt many others had the same issue. I have now fixed this bug and re-uploaded the game files with the fix. Good job in finding this! (y)

Finally i can make sugar to make my alchemy table (stupid burners need ethonal)
You need an Alchemy table to make Ethanol in the first place though. This is kind of counter productive right now, but in the next major release you will be able to make Ethanol without the need for your own Alchemy table.

Last edited:

gdog

Jun 3, 2017
this update the same thing on the front page download? Should I download from itch.io instead?

Lamoli

Sep 20, 2017
hmm might sound like a strange question but.. why VXAce and not MV ?
in the past i would understand that it lacked the custom scripts covering nearly everything (plugins for MV) but its not the case anymore..

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
this update the same thing on the front page download? Should I download from itch.io instead?
I generally only update the itch.io page with new files.

hmm might sound like a strange question but.. why VXAce and not MV ?
in the past i would understand that it lacked the custom scripts covering nearly everything (plugins for MV) but its not the case anymore..
This game has been over a year in the making before I released it to the public. At the time when I started I didn't have MV and I think there weren't that many scripts around, or at least not some of the ones I needed at the time so I just rolled with what I had at the time. If I was starting now I would have went with MV probably.

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
I download the game and when I play the game, it show 0.1 version and not 0.1.5. is there a link for 0.1.5? Also what about when I try to level up my character? I have been stuck with level 1 with 50 exp to go to gain level 2.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
I download the game and when I play the game, it show 0.1 version and not 0.1.5. is there a link for 0.1.5? Also what about when I try to level up my character? I have been stuck with level 1 with 50 exp to go to gain level 2.
It's just the text on the window, ignore it, it should still be 0.1.5.

There is no leveling in this game in conventional sense. You level up specific skills through the item menu when you click on the Skills Manuals in your inventory.

I can make ethanol with an artifice table. got one in a drop from a chest.
Ah I forgot about that.

Reactions: L30 and Odin73

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
It's just the text on the window, ignore it, it should still be 0.1.5.

There is no leveling in this game in conventional sense. You level up specific skills through the item menu when you click on the Skills Manuals in your inventory.
Do you eventually plan to implement a NPC or skill book that allows the Player to raise his basic stats?
currently combat seems to be nerfed around picking combat classes at the beginning, useing better equipment seems to work if you didn't, but that means one hell of a grind until you finally unlock that or save scamming infront of chests hopeing for the best.
And will you keep this level of dificulty in combat or do you intend to upscale it once other areas and races are included into the game?

Dollars303

Nov 7, 2017
personally i just did a stat run, had everything at 3 except magic resist. Once i got mining the money started coming in faster. It's actually better to just level the metal mining to 5 so you use less energy per mining and then i saved up for geology 5 and gems started flooding in, after that you can make enough money to buy what you need from the gobbo merchant and skill books. In the long run a stat first toon will be more powerful because you can get all skills in game in one way or another. Didn't even have to do the gobbo chief's quests because i found an alchemy book in a chest so my toon is still a virgin. :geek:

• Wow
Reactions: Evangelion-01
3.40 star(s) 29 Votes