3.40 star(s) 29 Votes

gnikxes

Mar 20, 2020
I have a quest to take a test to work as an assistance of the tengu, however, I don't get the permission to read the book.

Evrueliu

Nov 24, 2017
I have a quest to take a test to work as an assistance of the tengu, however, I don't get the permission to read the book.
I'm unsure exactly what the checks are in that event to pass or fail, you may need to have read the books on the shelves to pass, you should be able to continue to gift her items like gems, lotus flowers, and other things that aren't normal flowers to get to the required affection level that she lets you peruse the bookshelves at.

gnikxes

Mar 20, 2020
I'm unsure exactly what the checks are in that event to pass or fail, you may need to have read the books on the shelves to pass, you should be able to continue to gift her items like gems, lotus flowers, and other things that aren't normal flowers to get to the required affection level that she lets you peruse the bookshelves at.
I cannot give a gift to her.

Jyk

Oct 27, 2019
I'm on the quest for Aria to find and research the fairy tunnel thingy, how do I get the translated fairy runes? I keep failing even though I'm using raven's wisdom to boost my int - is there like a hard stat check that I need to pass or something like that or is it just luck based and I keep getting unlucky?

Last edited:

Evrueliu

Nov 24, 2017
I'm on the quest for Aria to find and research the fairy tunnel thingy, how do I get the translated fairy runes? I keep failing even though I'm using raven's wisdom to boost my int - is there like a hard stat check that I need to pass or something like that or is it just luck based and I keep getting unlucky?
You need the fairy riddles and the other fairy book to be read from the bookshelves before you can succeed.

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Arright, I've played this again after leaving it to percolate for what, a year now? So it's time for some real criticism. Some of this may sound harsh, but that's because at this juncture I'm sure you can take it and I'd be surprised if you haven't heard it before at various points.

First of all, even with the 50% boost to XP stat gains in this game are glacial and only get worse as things go along, as your stats (and therefore ways of gaining XP) do not rise in the same way costs do. Every single thing in the game is therefore far more of a slog than it has to be. There's so many things to talk about that I almost feel like I'm back at work going through these but I'll just go through them as they come to me

When you acquire a skill you should automatically get the first level in the specializations (Or at the very least have some things you can do with it without them)To be honest, the mining and farming skills should be something that you also get early on with the cooking skills or just come by default. Getting these should be story based, not just "give me a small fortune early game and a hundred xp". You should be able to get them from the goblins via quests, like for instance clearing the rats getting you mining if you get 25 of them or the smithing skill being a reward for getting lots of ore and so on. You already do this with the Athletics 101 one but tie it behind either random drops from

Base VP/WP should be doubled or at the very least be raised to 150. Ideally, you should also be able to actually be able to level the MC UP too. This is in practically every RPG for the very good reason that it makes for additional incremental progression and would alleviate a lot of the problems with the game progression. I know you can level up in skills to get stat gains but christ almighty these are marginal gains with excessive costs, though at least they don't rise.

I know you're going for the Harvest Moon vibe but jesus christ, there the loop is short and simple whereas here you have way, way more complexity and getting constantly hobbled by these fairly hard limitations is not good design.

Combat is hideously unbalanced, especially as it's optional to have the bunny. Enemies in general deal way, way more damage to you than you do to them, their drops are weak and so are their XP gains. The XP gains deserve special mention because by far the best and easiest way to get them is to just beat the dummies or farm rats, because more difficult enemies do not give you more rewards! Why should I risk a self destruct from a Chaos Turkey for a measely 9 battle XP when I get seven from a rat I kill instantly? (aside from the fact their feathers sell for 1 silver, which is in it's own way another unbalanced element)

Enemies like the slimes chain stunning you AND charming you is absurd. Multiple enemies when you are always alone are always a problem. The bomb is a crutch that can work and if you want the game to be so that you have to use one way to do it, that's fine. But why does a bomb do damage but fire magic doesn't?

Cooking recipes should actually be relevant to what you have. I have an inventory full of eggs, mushrooms and all manner of meats. My options, for some baffling reason, are to make bread, pasta or lotus chips. Making a mushroom soup, omelet or boiled potatoes should be a start. The baked potatoes are a good example of another bloat, where methods to gain things are slim and need repeated steps and then have excessive costs, same as every other crafting skills. You LITERALLY have wild oranges and then have LEMONADE as a recipe. This is excessively bizarre game design.

Literally everything in the game wastes time by requiring excessive amounts of grinding and materials. I don't know if this is some kind of attempt at verisimilitude by literally requiring you to have realistic amounts of things and time to master them but it's extremely tedious. We're not quite at Disgaea levels of grinding but we're definitely in bad JRPG or German sim level of bad grinding, especially when random chance is so prevalent and everything needs So Much Shit.

Requiring 300 XP for the first level of forging requires massive amounts of resources and is, again, absolutely absurd. The same with cooking and probably the others when I get to them, because all the XP gains are incredibly low. I have to have 450 potatoes and a 150 pieces of salt to get just the first level of cooking! I need 600 pieces of iron ore to make 300 nails to get the first level! This is is incredible lack of respect for the players time and anyone who doesn't use a cheat engine to get this up is addicted to wasting time.

As far as I can tell these numbers have literally not changed since these elements were added and while they were OK when you first did them they should absolutely have been rebalanced by now to actually be reasonable. Surely your vision of the game isn't that a player should spend hours grinding minigames in your game about monster girls??

Even if you want to keep these absurd things, you should at least have it so that crafting creates multiples of things used to make other things; making one nail out of an entire ingot is just immersion breaking in a different way and, again, bad design. Huge costs abound, with very small gains. Literally every single crafting menu I looked at had these absurd costs! Almost every single thing has these stupid costs: you don't need varnish to make a bridge, you need wood and nails because these are things an early game player can be expected to have.

If you play the game with numerous elixers and cheat out the wazoo by giving yourself way more experience, the game rapidly improves. Combat becomes more tolerable (though it's strange to only have defeat scenes) and resource gathering is slightly less tedious.

Lastly some minor points:

"Approach Special" and "Approach Normal" should honestly not even be options. Just add a flirt option to the special goblins or a talk option if they have unique talks.

You don't grow potatoes from seeds, you grow them from other potatoes because their genetics are irritating. Oh and in one part of the Autumn Woods with the copper node, they can spawn a pepper you can't harvest because you can't harvest on top of it but it's 4x4 so you can never face it.

I don't doubt these aren't things you've already heard before or thought of yourself; the Tengu for instance has fairly reasonable demands and has multiple options to get her things, so I assume you've already moved for some of this. And obviously this is a dialogue, because while I'm somewhat confrontational in tone, QA is like that. If I didn't care, I wouldn't even post, I'd just never play the game, but I want it to be better, because there's a lot of good in there that just needs adjusting.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
well i just spent well over a hour of real life time trying to let a werebat or what ever ya call them win the fight against me as i was curious to see what she would do to me...it was fun however not something im in a hurry to repeat ever again
how ever im not sure when we are expecting any updates BUT id like to make a suggestion please add an option to surrender
considering i 1 shot kill them and the werewolves girls ...small complaint is sort of bullshit that all them and blue slimes can have their way with you IF they beat you BUT we cant have our ways with any of them IF we win??wtf is up with that anyways?
i think someone should make a mod for ALL points...some of the categories 0/50 and ya need 100 points kind of bullshit bro
and some of them require like 800+ (crafting and so on) kind of bullshit too bro jusmp from 300 to 800+ dafuck??
game is as addicting as much as it is frustrating....has alot of potential anyways BUT at same time definitely needs alot of improvement as well example being some of the things ive already said just my 2 cents agree to disagree

Evrueliu

Nov 24, 2017
well i just spent well over a hour of real life time trying to let a werebat or what ever ya call them win the fight against me...
You can drink ethanol before battle to lower your vp/wp by a bunch then just use focus to raise tp and let them hit you.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
You can drink ethanol before battle to lower your vp/wp by a bunch then just use focus to raise tp and let them hit you.
be a hell of a lot faster if the dev just added surrender to the menu LOL
pisses me off they beat us can have their ways with us we beat them we get shit fucking bullshit really LOL

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
normally i walk around with all options for fancy loading screens,etc disabled ...ive been wandering around on/off every now and
when i do i turn on all the fancy screens,etc so i can catch location names...ive wandered around alot BUT somehow i dont think ive ever been to autumn woods....im trying to find the NPC that sells varnish,etc to of course to no avail
not sure how to best understand where to look....is it anywhere near the broken boat or the building with the alchemist that sends you on a gathering quest and sells stuff at her counter OR is it way down by where we fixed the bridge and theres more bridges around the aria?and the tent when ya FIRST get sent to goblin village?please help me understand what directions thanks

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
normally i walk around with all options for fancy loading screens,etc disabled ...ive been wandering around on/off every now and
when i do i turn on all the fancy screens,etc so i can catch location names...ive wandered around alot BUT somehow i dont think ive ever been to autumn woods....im trying to find the NPC that sells varnish,etc to of course to no avail
not sure how to best understand where to look....is it anywhere near the broken boat or the building with the alchemist that sends you on a gathering quest and sells stuff at her counter OR is it way down by where we fixed the bridge and theres more bridges around the aria?and the tent when ya FIRST get sent to goblin village?please help me understand what directions thanks
The "Autumn Woods" are basically exactly that area... named after the colourfull trees in that area compared to the Emerald woods.
And the girl with the shop makeing do all that stuff is the Tengu with the alchemy skill you require for all wood constructions.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
not sure ill ever make it back here or not BUT where do i get these missing mats from?also anything good happens IF i get everything required? Untitled.png

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
WOW CRAFTING IS PRETTY WICKED IN THIS GAME...I THOUGHT GETTING TO 300 WAS BAD....THEN OF COURSE AFTER GETTING TO 300 IS A LONG FUCKING WAYS TO 800+ OK THOUGHT THAT WAS REALLY REALLY BAD IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN NEXT IS OVER THE 1700 MARK JESUS FUCKING CHRIST REALLY MAN??
GOOD NEWS IS I DONT NEED WORRY ABOUT VARNISH AS I CAN MAKE IT NOW DUE TO MY AWSOME CRAFTING SKILLS
NEVER DID FIND THAT NPC NOT SURE I EVEN NEED TO ANYMORE WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS EH
LIKELY A STUPID QUESTION BUT HERE GOES WHERE THE HELL DO I GET FINE SAND???
also where to get dandelion seeds i thought forest seeds but NOPE

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
WOW CRAFTING IS PRETTY WICKED IN THIS GAME...I THOUGHT GETTING TO 300 WAS BAD....THEN OF COURSE AFTER GETTING TO 300 IS A LONG FUCKING WAYS TO 800+ OK THOUGHT THAT WAS REALLY REALLY BAD IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN NEXT IS OVER THE 1700 MARK JESUS FUCKING CHRIST REALLY MAN??
GOOD NEWS IS I DONT NEED WORRY ABOUT VARNISH AS I CAN MAKE IT NOW DUE TO MY AWSOME CRAFTING SKILLS
NEVER DID FIND THAT NPC NOT SURE I EVEN NEED TO ANYMORE WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS EH
LIKELY A STUPID QUESTION BUT HERE GOES WHERE THE HELL DO I GET FINE SAND???
Look around that turned around boat in the autumn woods... or any other sand bank in the game (there are afew in the Emerald forest too)

Evrueliu

Nov 24, 2017
WOW CRAFTING IS PRETTY WICKED IN THIS GAME...
You get fine sand by either grinding quartz with a mortar and pestle or finding it on the sandy area by the fairy door.

The crafting is sort of punishing, right now I am unsure of the best money making (money/time irl) in the game, if I had to guess its spamming shifts at Aria's shop, but even that is nowhere near how much you need to get skills raised efficiently. Given the player found a way to make ALOT of gold you do have means by which to train everything pretty easily though (screenshot included of my character who used money cheat only).

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
man helpful bookshelf sure is misleading..for the longest time i was trying to get varnish to make this stupid helpful bookshelf that says has helpful books AND of course it doesnt contain anything ffs man come on!!
And how would it contain any useful books if you don't own them?
You have no knowledge to write a book about nor have you done it previously, the crafting materials don't require any manuals to fill the bookshelve either... also it doesn't make much sence to build it since you keep all usefull books in your inventory, unless you use it as some quest item for Saffron or Aria maybe (they both like to collect books afterall)

Last edited:

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
And how would it contain any useful books if you don't own them?
You have no knowledge to write a book about nor have you done it previously, the crafting materials don't require any manuals to fill the bookshelve either... also it doesn't make much sence to build it since you keep all usefull books in your inventory, nless you use it as some quest item for Saffron or Aria maybe (they both like to collect books afterall)
well guess it was stupid wishful thinking..agree to disagree BUT the way its advertised sure has ya thinking contains something and then the wake up call build it and has nothing BUT somehow with all the other silly mechanics in the game i suppose this shouldnt have come to any surprises

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
well guess it was stupid wishful thinking..agree to disagree BUT the way its advertised sure has ya thinking contains something and then the wake up call build it and has nothing BUT somehow with all the other silly mechanics in the game i suppose this shouldnt have come to any surprises
Well I gues it could haven been made more usefull if it had a passive ability like, increases exp earned from reading a manual by +50% if placed at home or something.
Or even increases exp earned from any source (tasks or manuals) by 10-20%

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes