3.40 star(s) 29 Votes

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Curious though, all the modifiers you presented are +15 in total (Handsome and Gorgeous being mutually exclusive). Why are there settings for rolls over 35? That's the max, isn't it?
That leaves room for the future if I add Fetish levels into the calculation.

Also, that doesn't quite match my experience. My main can get 7 mimics in the Opal Grotto, plus one that "jumps" me the moment I zone in.
Can you define what you mean by "jumps you" does the fight begin once you enter the map and before you interact with anything?

EDIT2: Created a new character, We'll call him Brian. (Bad Luck, +5). As written, he should have (on average) ever-so-slightly more spawns than my main, who we'll call Sooba, (Submissive, Gorgeous +4). Brian has 0 every time I zone in. As above, Sooba has easily >5 each time, probably averaging 7.
I think the issue could be that I changed how their spawns work in the last update so your new character is getting the probability from the new calculation while your old character is getting the old calculation plus the new one. The old one spawned permanent Mimics that didn't go away after you left the zone and their spawn pool was shared with chests iirc. I did introduce a fail safe with the last patch so the old Mimics should get deleted once you trigger them and fight them... in theory.

And I can't speak for IForTheGloryn, but what I find she absolutely nails my CNC (Consensual non-consent) kink. Most Femdom on this site turns "brutal", or even worse conflates genuine abuse and disrespect with femdom. The former, while totally ok and is some folks sweet spot (I won't kink shame), just isn't my deal. The latter is concerning and irritating. There are a handful (Monster Girl Dreams, Degrees of Lewdity with all the settings in the right place) that scratch the itch.

But the way you wrote the mimic nailed the kink. She's not trying to humiliate you, hurt you, render you destitute, or turn your life into a drudgery of menial labour while she runs around with other men. Instead she's hot-and-knows-it, actually really wants you, prefers dominant positions, and most importantly just isn't taking "no" for an answer (in some cases, forever). That's perfect CNC + Dom. Even the "moveset" follows that theme. Her most "damaging" move isn't actually violent. It's an ass slam in your face that has multipliers from how bound, kinked, and aroused you are; (I think my main character took ~600+ damage from one?). Her least-themed move is still on point, in that she throws money at you (and kudos for the implied "moneyshot" pun). In addition to that she has a "willpower draining" move (in addition to the sphere spamming one) and and arousal move that makes her finisher dangerous that are themed as her sexiness making it hard to think.

I agree you shouldn't just carbon copy the character, but if you were to hit all those same themes again, it would be amazing. Whether that means a "mimic Queen" analogous to Saffron or something different entirely.
That's my preferred type of Femdom so content will lean towards that. The Mimic was my first attempt at making a more "seductive" fight. It was actually pretty hard to do but I hope to make future fights similar to this... well ones with seductive characters at least. The Hellhound will be more of a physical battle theough.

I think the puzzle-escape mechanic would be neat, but after dealing with a few towns (not sure how many FeyRing has planned), somehow pacifying or dominating the (or one of) the mimic realms might be an interesting sidequest.
The upside to the Mimic realm is that I don't have to make several maps just to outline a region for them since the zone transition will be done as a consequence of losing the fight. I will think about it some more after I finish the Hellhound.

Actually, I didn't think about that, I still don't quite understand your idea for bonds and relationships in this game, so this was just a question to try to understand that.
I suppose I was going to try and have different types depending on the species of the Monster Girl. The main Heroines were meant to have actual full on relationships where they have a model and personal quests chains for you. Their clothes also change based on what you give them and they have pregnant image variants. It takes a lot of work to make a heroine as she requires a lot more image assets than a normal NPC or enemy mob. For most normal mobs/NPCs I planned to have maybe 1 or 2 images for their sex scenes while Heroines have 3+ with extra variations.

I haven't decided on all the relationship types yet for future Heroines, though there will be some variations based on player actions even within a given Heroine. For example, in the case of Saffron you can either run a lovey-dovey relationship with her or steer it into an open relationship where she fucks around. The Hellhound will be similar in that regard only with more variation depending on whether you're dominant or submissive in a relationship with her.

I should also note that you don't need to actually date any of the Heroines to progress through the game and their personal quests (so far at least) do not require any romantic actions from you, so you can easily ignore any of the Heroines.

but you should think about a choose better song for the menu, I mean the actual music is pretty good IF used during a fight but not on the menu, normally people expect some calm songs.
That's an interesting point. I will think about it, I have some other calm music tracks which may suit it better. Personally I quite like the track I chose for the title screen but I also see your point so I might change it in the next release and then run a poll or something to see which track people would prefer.

Reactions: gaikotsu3

Sooba

Apr 4, 2018
Can you define what you mean by "jumps you" does the fight begin once you enter the map and before you interact with anything?
Correct. I enter, I get a split second of the map showing, then the shatter animation occurs.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Correct. I enter, I get a split second of the map showing, then the shatter animation occurs.
That is a bug. Does it only happen on your older save file or does it happen to the new one as well? I think I fixed this issue in the last update. If it happens in the new save file as well I will need to look at this again.

Also, does this stop happening if you defeat her or does it keep occuring even after she is defeated?

Sooba

Apr 4, 2018
That is a bug. Does it only happen on your older save file or does it happen to the new one as well? I think I fixed this issue in the last update. If it happens in the new save file as well I will need to look at this again.

Also, does this stop happening if you defeat her or does it keep occuring even after she is defeated?
I bet you did fix it. I was running 1.8 for a bit, and wondering why I couldn't find Quartz Caverns. I'm on 1.9 now, so I probably just have some leftover. Don't waste too much time on it. :)

It only happens when I initially enter the cave, and even then only about 1/3 of the time.After I defeat her I can just run the cave as per normal. Sounds to me like I just need to clear the entire cave out and it will revert to 1.9 status.

As an aside, you might want to up the spawns in Opal Grotto just a little. Character#2 was begun post-1.9 update, and is rather unmolested.

Reactions: FeyRing

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
As an aside, you might want to up the spawns in Opal Grotto just a little. Character#2 was begun post-1.9 update, and is rather unmolested.
Well, Mimics were meant to be a bit of a rare spawn. I'll do some more playthroughs once I'm testing the update I'm working on to see, might add some Fetish level calculations to boost their spawn rate. Will probably add Large Ass Fetish levels or something.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Hello, when will there be an update? (I apologize if this question was recently asked and I missed it)
There is no exact date but probably in a few months. I've done about 85% of the maps and about 50% of the art assets (CGs + Sprites). The actual events and quest lines are very early in development still (though the planning for them is done).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Uff, ngl this is a tough one. On paper seems really cool, however after "playing" 2 hrs and getting absolutely nowhere other than seeing some green ass over and over I am giving up on this.

I don't think I have ever seen such a convoluted skill system in such a terrible UI. No direction to guide me anywhere (yep, checked quests many times), even right at start dunno how to get anything done, get given a scythe but need shovel.. find shovel in cave, wait it's just a decor, cannot pick up, cannot find any shovel anywhere, guess the scythe is useless too. Okay, time to go whoring I guess. Walk into some forests, get absolutely destroyed by some deers and every chest poisons me. Just absolutely not fun in any way, shape, or form.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Uff, ngl this is a tough one. On paper seems really cool, however after "playing" 2 hrs and getting absolutely nowhere other than seeing some green ass over and over I am giving up on this.

I don't think I have ever seen such a convoluted skill system in such a terrible UI. No direction to guide me anywhere (yep, checked quests many times), even right at start dunno how to get anything done, get given a scythe but need shovel.. find shovel in cave, wait it's just a decor, cannot pick up, cannot find any shovel anywhere, guess the scythe is useless too. Okay, time to go whoring I guess. Walk into some forests, get absolutely destroyed by some deers and every chest poisons me. Just absolutely not fun in any way, shape, or form.
If you feel lost it's always a good thing to ask other people about it.
The Demon Queen has several pointers for starting, she also offers books with helpful advice.
Choosing the Pickaxe is the best start as you can actually learn mining for a low price from a Goblin, than use the ore to create ingots and learn smithing from the Goblin smith for a low price aswell... from now on you can craft your own tools.
Explore dureing the day and try to craft more Items like armor and weapons... unlocking titles is also a great boon.
Personally I only leave the village after aquiring the "Goblin Breeder" title as it unlocks an incredible powerfull physical attack skill.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
I don't think I have ever seen such a convoluted skill system in such a terrible UI.
It's standard rpg maker UI, I can't really improve much on it as I can't code.

No direction to guide me anywhere (yep, checked quests many times), even right at start dunno how to get anything done,
It's a sandbox game, you're meant to explore the world and pick up quests as you go, the main story line doesn't go past the Goblin Village. However, there are quite a few side quests and two Heroines with quest lines to do.

You should have been given a whole bunch of "Helpfull Manuals" by the Demon Queen, those explain some of the game systems.

get given a scythe but need shovel.. find shovel in cave, wait it's just a decor, cannot pick up, cannot find any shovel anywhere, guess the scythe is useless too.
You either craft a Shovel at the Anvil in the Goblin Smithy or buy it from the Goblin Smith in the same room where the Anvil and Forge are.

Sickle is used to gather plants in the wild and on your farm. Shovel is used only for planting on your farm.

Walk into some forests, get absolutely destroyed by some deers and every chest poisons me.
I don't recall having Deers in game but don't walk out of the village at Night unless you geared yourself for combat or min-maxed into combat at character creation. Unless you wear proper armour you will be shredded like lettuce, and unless you took combat stats and skills you wont deal much damage without combat orientated stat accessories. You can get away with having no armour for one or two wolf fights if you have 5+ INT as a Mage or 5+ STR as a Warrior with Martial Arts Spec as you will two hit kill them before they can do much damage to you, but Armour in general is very important for soaking up damage.

You can check in game time with the [T] Key, so you can get back to the village before the sun sets at 7~8pm. If you saved Furo from the Goblin Prison you would have gotten the Pocketwatch item and can use it to fast forward time by 5 hours in case you get caught out in the wilderness.

Daytime is relatively safe, most mobs wont fight you unless you purposefully walk into them. The only exception are Slimes during Rainy weather, but they move really slow so you can avoid them.

Avoid caves out in the wild unless you can one-two shot wolves with your gear as those have Werewolf girls and Mimic girls which are significantly harder than normal animal mobs.

Stay away from the Terror Bird boss unless you have Mithril Armour and Silver Accessories. You can kills it in Iron/Copper gear but it requires some tricks with consumables.

Lastly, I'll probably move the Poison Traps to Tier 2 chests in the caves so beginner zones wont spawn them anymore. Though I would note that you can see them with Perception Traps skill and can Disarm them with Diasrm Trap skill.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Warren9

Aug 14, 2017
Anyway to make it so that time doesn't move when you are in a scene, talking to someone or reading the manuals? Sometimes I lose a day of foraging because of it. Also just started farming but how do you cook the ingredients? Do I need to buy something for my house to do so?

Last edited:

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Anyway to make it so that time doesn't move when you are in a scene, talking to someone or reading the manuals? Sometimes I lose a day of foraging because of it.
No, in fact some scenes actually speed up time, for example sex scenes or mining out cave walls, etc. It was meant to be realistic... there isn't really any time limit in the game though. There are 2 time sensitive quests but even those don't lock you out of content.

Later on it wont matter so much as you will be able to forage at Night as mobs are really weak once you have made proper gear. In fact, some things you can ONLY forage at Night, like Stardust and Nightshade!

Also just started farming but how do you cook the ingredients? Do I need to buy something for my house to do so?
Your house came with a Stove... unless you picked it up and sold it by accident? You also need Cooking as a Skill.

Venchi

Feb 21, 2019
No, in fact some scenes actually speed up time, for example sex scenes or mining out cave walls
It's been a few months since I played, but I remember rushing through scenes more than I would have liked, due to being under the belief that as I was reading those scenes, time was continuing to tick forward (I'm guessing I could see it happening as I talked to random goblin girls). I don't think anyone's going to complain about time skipping ahead when something happens, but nobody wants to feel like they're being punished for actually reading and not just skipping through the text.

Personally, I'd recommending freezing the ticking up of time while any text box is open. Heck, next update, maybe I'll see if I'm not too dumb to mod it in myself.

Warren9

Aug 14, 2017
Trying to learn smithing from the goblin smith but she says I don't have enough experience. Am I missing something? Smelting doesn't give any exp and giving her 20 iron ingots for her job doesn't do it either.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Trying to learn smithing from the goblin smith but she says I don't have enough experience. Am I missing something? Smelting doesn't give any exp and giving her 20 iron ingots for her job doesn't do it either.
You pick up exp by doing tasks it is split between general, combat and mixed exp. In the case of smithing you will need general exp iirc. You can pick that up by doing stuff like farming, mining or some chores around town.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You need 100 Crafting exp to learn new (crafting/forager) skills

Warren9

Aug 14, 2017
Oh so she wants 100 craft exp then? Thought it was a skill level requirement and I thought it was a skill I hadn't leveled. Thanks.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
I don't think anyone's going to complain about time skipping ahead when something happens, but nobody wants to feel like they're being punished for actually reading and not just skipping through the text.
What's the punishment though? There is no time limit in the game and you don't lose anything from time passing as you're reading something. There is even an item that lets you re-adjust time in set intervals. It's not Rune Factory or Stardew Valley where you collapse at Night if you don't get home fast enough.

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes