3.40 star(s) 29 Votes

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Found a bug when fighting werewolves where if snuffles is knocked out and you use an invisibility potion in battle to escape it says snuffles was defeated and the game freezes. Not sure if that's something that matters since it's pretty specific but thought I should let you know just in case. Also seems like it's impossible for me to get Saffron knocked up even though I have the virile trait and tried dozens of times. Is it not possible until after an event or something?
She was cursed to become infertile by the pumpkin witch (which is also why she is treated like an outcast in Goblin society, which is focused on fertility), one of her last Quests is about breaking the curse which will unlock that Option

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
The only thing I'd say though FeyRing is uh... plan your future content where when you introduce a debuff with something that can be cured, to also introduce the method to cure or remove that debuff in the same patch. Like the stuff with the werewolves has been annoying since you're basically discouraged from fucking them completely, even they're so common.
For sure. Werewolf one was a design mistake on my part. Even though the max stack for their debuff is like 25 or something, it was still a bad idea on my part.

Found a bug when fighting werewolves where if snuffles is knocked out and you use an invisibility potion in battle to escape it says snuffles was defeated and the game freezes.
Does this happen in caves or the forest? I'll look into it regardless, I reworked the Invisibility mechanic recently so that could be the reason... I'll do some testing.

Also seems like it's impossible for me to get Saffron knocked up even though I have the virile trait and tried dozens of times. Is it not possible until after an event or something?
As Evangelion-01 above me mentioned, she is cursed, you need to finish her quest line to remove the curse... last quest is to get her pregnant.

Warren9

Aug 14, 2017
For the freezing it may have been both, can't remember right now. Also have had a few items spawn outside of reach like walnuts right on top of the tent near the beginning.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Also have had a few items spawn outside of reach like walnuts right on top of the tent near the beginning.
I'm aware of this one, it somehow broke. I'll have it fixed next patch. I'm not sure how to fix the items that already spawned out of bounds but I'll try to come up with something.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm aware of this one, it somehow broke. I'll have it fixed next patch. I'm not sure how to fix the items that already spawned out of bounds but I'll try to come up with something.
Maybe makeing the map refresh each time new drops are generated... will also help with the map getting over grown with unwanted items

Reactions: gaikotsu3

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Maybe makeing the map refresh each time new drops are generated... will also help with the map getting over grown with unwanted items
This will be pretty difficult to do with the way things are generated. I'm also not a huge fan of resetting the spawns as I like the the idea of remembering where things were for the next day in case I didn't have enough VP to harvest/open something today.

It would also increase the loading time of maps... by quite a bit if it had to regenerate all the map spawns every day.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
This will be pretty difficult to do with the way things are generated. I'm also not a huge fan of resetting the spawns as I like the the idea of remembering where things were for the next day in case I didn't have enough VP to harvest/open something today.

It would also increase the loading time of maps... by quite a bit if it had to regenerate all the map spawns every day.
Than maybe make it once every week, there had been other RPGM games useing such a mechanic to clear up maps... haveing to many Items on a map is also bound to slow down loading time or cause lag when in the map on weaker rigs I suspect.
I won't say it's easy, but in the long run this might be good to implement in order to prevent memory leaks.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Maybe make it so that a companion can scavenge and it picks it up that way?
That would actually be impossible with the engine as far as I know.

Than maybe make it once every week, there had been other RPGM games useing such a mechanic to clear up maps...
I suppose that's a possibility, I will think about it! Though, the downside of this is that rare spawns like Nighshade, Pearl Clams and Fulgurite would be cleared before you can get the required gathering level to harvest them if they spawn. Same with any other rare spawns that I introduce further down the line.

haveing to many Items on a map is also bound to slow down loading time or cause lag when in the map on weaker rigs I suspect.
This shouldn't be an issue, I'm running an anti-lag script that stops event images from loading in if they are not in the view screen.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I suppose that's a possibility, I will think about it! Though, the downside of this is that rare spawns like Nighshade, Pearl Clams and Fulgurite would be cleared before you can get the required gathering level to harvest them if they spawn. Same with any other rare spawns that I introduce further down the line.
I mean you could slightly raise the % for spawns for those rare drops to migitate it abit (not by much if you still want them to give the Players a feeling of acomplishment)

Warren9

Aug 14, 2017
Been wall busting in the caves. Found the broken device with the crystal I can use on the functioning one. Should I use the crystal or would it be better to keep it for something else? I know I can rig the device or build a bridge as other options.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Been wall busting in the caves. Found the broken device with the crystal I can use on the functioning one. Should I use the crystal or would it be better to keep it for something else? I know I can rig the device or build a bridge as other options.
You can craft those gems with Alchemy or Artificer (don't completly remember currently) aswell and currently there shouldn't be another use for it anyway

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

gaikotsu3

Jan 10, 2020
(I draw very slowly with a mouse).
Sounds like you need more sub money.
I don't suppose you would consider accepting payments on another platform, like Subscribestar?

I've been watching Black Garden for a couple years now, and I'm finally not broke as a joke, but I really can't bring myself to support Patreon...
:HideThePain:

mattdoyagi

Nov 30, 2022
I'm playing your game these days
I found some error
I really enjoy this game and wonder when you will release the next version

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
I don't suppose you would consider accepting payments on another platform, like Subscribestar?
I might at some point, I'll need to look into it maybe after the next release.

I'm playing your game these days
I found some error
Can you describe what lead to this error? What action where you taking, what map you were on, time of day, etc.

The more detail you provide the more likely I am to figure out what caused this. From the error alone it seems like it was trying to find a string value in a name array that wasn't loaded in before hand. But since I have no context of where this happened I can't even begin to look for a solution.

I really enjoy this game and wonder when you will release the next version
Next year, maybe around March (I hope).

mattdoyagi

Nov 30, 2022
Can you describe what lead to this error? What action where you taking, what map you were on, time of day, etc.

The more detail you provide the more likely I am to figure out what caused this. From the error alone it seems like it was trying to find a string value in a name array that wasn't loaded in before hand. But since I have no context of where this happened I can't even begin to look for a solution.
After reading this, I tried once again and got the same error.
This is the condition;
1. In the Aria's room (top floor of the building)
2. Setting with the hotkey (In my case, I set the baked potato and it doesn't matter which key is the hotkey. I tried Q and then E.)
3. Check Aria's diary repeatedly. (It occurs in random I guess)

Reactions: FeyRing

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
After reading this, I tried once again and got the same error.
This is the condition;
1. In the Aria's room (top floor of the building)
2. Setting with the hotkey (In my case, I set the baked potato and it doesn't matter which key is the hotkey. I tried Q and then E.)
It's actually unrelated to the Hotkeys despite what the error says. This used to confuse me in the past until I figured it out.

3. Check Aria's diary repeatedly. (It occurs in random I guess)
This is the issue here, some page in the Diary is checking for a string status like "wife" or "pregnancy status" and the array hasn't been created most likely. I will make a note of this and fix it by next release, thanks for finding it.

Reactions: mattdoyagi

mattdoyagi

Nov 30, 2022
It's actually unrelated to the Hotkeys despite what the error says. This used to confuse me in the past until I figured it out.
This is the issue here, some page in the Diary is checking for a string status like "wife" or "pregnancy status" and the array hasn't been created most likely. I will make a note of this and fix it by next release, thanks for finding it.
I could get the right point according that "the error occurs in random page".
In actual, the error comes with some specific pages.. ;)
I am so sorry with the hotkeys misunderstood.

HannoC

Jul 9, 2022
Does anyone know how to level up the INT stat easily? Trying to become the apprentice of Aria and can't figure out how to raise it.

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes