3.40 star(s) 29 Votes

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
What's the punishment though? There is no time limit in the game and you don't lose anything from time passing as you're reading something. There is even an item that lets you re-adjust time in set intervals. It's not Rune Factory or Stardew Valley where you collapse at Night if you don't get home fast enough.
Well to be fair the game already takes ages until you are set to explore the world, unless you choose a combat heavy starting build and even than even longer until you unlock all skills and Level them up significantly enough to actually enjoy roaming free.
Loosing time in conversations can be rather annoying.
In the beginning you need to use any waking hour to either earn money or grind crafting exp and resources.
once you can explore with the minimum values to stand a chance for day encounters you are on an even tighter schedule.
It's manageable but sometimes such small Details feel unnecessary punishing.

Reactions: Bricecube

Venchi

Feb 21, 2019
What's the punishment though? There is no time limit in the game and you don't lose anything from time passing as you're reading something. There is even an item that lets you re-adjust time in set intervals.
I can't say I remember the item particularly well, so I can't comment on that. Depending on how it works, maybe that's a "good enough" answer for most people who need one, and I should stop there.

But as far as the rest here goes, you might technically be right to some extent, but it feels like you're coming at it from a very specific angle, the mechanically optimized view. But for a lot of people, it's about what feels right. Could the player just sleep until the next morning because they don't have enough day hours left? Sure, but it doesn't feel right to sleep, say, 16 or so hours away to min-max your timeframe.

There is a timed quest right at the beginning of the game, as well. I have to imagine we may see more in the future if we've got one now. I seem to recall talk about romanced partners looking for attention elsewhere if they were neglected for too long, but I've no clue if that's implemented, planned, or was just an idea I've seen enough time to remember. Sure, these might not necessarily be game over or hardlock scenarios, but I'd argue their results are far more lasting than anything I've seen from older Rune Factory entries (good callout, though now they've removed passing out since 4. Now you just catch a cold if you don't get at least 1 minute of sleep).

Reactions: Bricecube

BianTheGreat

Jan 3, 2021
One of the best games I've played, the only issue I have is an outdated engine but you can get used to it.
I legitimately considered pledgeing on patreon but there wasn't an uptade in months so it feels like Id just get scammed

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Loosing time in conversations can be rather annoying.
In the beginning you need to use any waking hour to either earn money or grind crafting exp and resources.
Well this is true I suppose, but given the limited pool of VP and WP you can generally burn through that before nightfall. Day time does last about 12 minutes in real life. And even then you can still mine in the Goblin caves and gather a few nodes around the village and your home. In fact there should be enough mining/gathering nodes in the village alone to burn through all your VP at the start without having to venture out of the village at all.

I can't say I remember the item particularly well, so I can't comment on that. Depending on how it works, maybe that's a "good enough" answer for most people who need one, and I should stop there.
What it does is it changes time flow from 1 in game minute per 1 irl second to 1 in game hour per 1 irl second. It thus allows you to skip 2 or 5 hours depending on your choice by waiting 2 or 5 seconds irl. There is no limit on it's use so you can just skip again and again.

But for a lot of people, it's about what feels right. Could the player just sleep until the next morning because they don't have enough day hours left? Sure, but it doesn't feel right to sleep, say, 16 or so hours away to min-max your timeframe.
But, would it feel right if the time stopped but the character sprites around you kept walking around?

There is a timed quest right at the beginning of the game, as well. I have to imagine we may see more in the future if we've got one now.
That's the quest to get the pocketwatch, though you do get a few days to complete it and all you need to do is buy some lockpicks for the guy. Worst case scenario you can always craft a pocketwatch if you miss this quest.

I seem to recall talk about romanced partners looking for attention elsewhere if they were neglected for too long, but I've no clue if that's implemented, planned, or was just an idea I've seen enough time to remember.
So far this only applies to the Goblin Heroine and it takes like 2 weeks of you neglecting her. AND it requires there to be slaves in the Brothel.

(good callout, though now they've removed passing out since 4. Now you just catch a cold if you don't get at least 1 minute of sleep).
Ah... I only played the 3rd one so I didn't realise.

In general I don't quite agree that time should stop when a conversation is happening. However, there is a true/false switch for this in the Time script that I'm using so it wouldn't be too hard to decompile the game and just change the switch in the scripts for those that really want this for themselves. I wont be changing this (for now) in the default game though. I also don't know how this will affect some events, specifically those that speed up time to skip it, like the Pocketwatch. Because some events change the speed of time flow to skip hours this might not happen if the time flow is stopped all together.

One of the best games I've played, the only issue I have is an outdated engine but you can get used to it.
I legitimately considered pledgeing on patreon but there wasn't an uptade in months so it feels like Id just get scammed
The next update is likely in a few months, so feel free to wait till then. I work on this part time as a casual fun project and Patreon is just a donation box for me so it doesn't affect the rate of content release.

msbarney

Aug 3, 2017
FeyRing I read on your Patreon about Wendy in the werewolf prison map. Will there be a way to save her in the future without starting a new game?

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
@FeyRing I read on your Patreon about Wendy in the werewolf prison map. Will there be a way to save her in the future without starting a new game?
Yes, it will be future content for the Witches so you wont need to start a new game to save her.

Anyone know how to get to the werewolf caves?
Go to Emerald Forest where Werewolves live and just walk along the Northern mountain until you see a cave opening, there should be 3 of them.

Sooba

Apr 4, 2018
Any chance you plan on implementing the capacity to grow lotuses? I have this seed I can't plant, and I'd love to be able to speed up my production of etching fluid.

Also, how does one go about making magic fertilizer? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Last edited:

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Any chance you plan on implementing the capacity to grow lotuses? I have this seed I can't plant, and I'd love to be able to speed up my production of etching fluid.
I posted about this in my last patreon post, next patch you will be able to grow Lotuses in the water of the new farming map in the caves.

Also, how does one go about making magic fertilizer? I can't seem to find it anywhere
It's unlocked at Level 3 Alchemy!

Sooba

Apr 4, 2018
I posted about this in my last patreon post, next patch you will be able to grow Lotuses in the water of the new farming map in the caves.

It's unlocked at Level 3 Alchemy!
Excellent. I see there's a "Solomon's Ring" in the game files. Is that implemented yet? And I know I've gotten the mimic bead before, but are all the other drops in there (Hunter's Horn, Mage's Circlet, etc.) They've never dropped them for me before.

Last edited:

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
I see there's a "Solomon's Ring" in the game files. Is that implemented yet?
Armours up to #63 don't exist. Those were the default ones that came with the engine, I didn't delete them so I can use them as a reference but they won't be in the game as their stats are not fit for my combat system.

And I know I've gotten the mimic bead before, but are all the other drops in there (Hunter's Horn, Mage's Circlet, etc.) They've never dropped them for me before.
Those do exist, they have a 5% chance of dropping just like the Mimic Bead.

Is there a plan to introduce seasons? I feel like it would be cool, and maybe even debuffs when it's too cold or too hot. Is it even possible to do in a RPGM.
It is possible to do, but I probably wont be doing it. The problem is, I would need to make multiple copies of each map graphic to correspond to the seasons which will bloat the game files and will require a LOT more development time per map.

I will hence be using biomes instead, so there will be debuffs on cold and hot maps, so wearing Fur Coats, etc will be relevant on those.

I MAY have seasons or something similar implemented in some very specific future maps as having it present only on a few maps is a lot more doable than for the whole game.

I should also note that the game setting is set on a Ringworld and not on a Planet, so I'm not even sure that seasons would realistically exist on a Ring.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
It is possible to do, but I probably wont be doing it. The problem is, I would need to make multiple copies of each map graphic to correspond to the seasons which will bloat the game files and will require a LOT more development time per map.

I will hence be using biomes instead, so there will be debuffs on cold and hot maps, so wearing Fur Coats, etc will be relevant on those.

I MAY have seasons or something similar implemented in some very specific future maps as having it present only on a few maps is a lot more doable than for the whole game.

I should also note that the game setting is set on a Ringworld and not on a Planet, so I'm not even sure that seasons would realistically exist on a Ring.
Honestly the other problem is, is that this game already has a bunch of time sinks. With the UI even once you get going there's little to reduce those time sinks even further. As such, implementing a seasons system would likely mean affecting the rarity of items by season, and given the time sinks that exist as is I don't think it would make the game more fun by doing that.

The biome system works better. It has variety but leaves every various challenge self-contained, but otherwise mostly accessible.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
@FeyRing the game is great and I like it a lot, but can you please add "mouse controlling"
That's will be amazing, thanks even if you decline to do it.
I would if I could. But unfortunately mouse control and controllers are incompatible with the Hotkey script I'm using.

Kirstey

Jul 2, 2019
The next update is likely in a few months, so feel free to wait till then. I work on this part time as a casual fun project and Patreon is just a donation box for me so it doesn't affect the rate of content release.
Is there any chance you will consider spending more time on this project in the near future? I am sure most of the people are checking your patreon like me and end up not supporting it because they are seeing how much time it takes for an update. I think more people would support it and give you more revenue if there was more updates. Of course i am not ordering you to do that if you don't have too much time for that and want to do something else. Sorry for my bad english, i am learing it still.

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Is there any chance you will consider spending more time on this project in the near future? I am sure most of the people are checking your patreon like me and end up not supporting it because they are seeing how much time it takes for an update. I think more people would support it and give you more revenue if there was more updates. Of course i am not ordering you to do that if you don't have too much time for that and want to do something else. Sorry for my bad english, i am learing it still.
I spend about 4-5 hours on it everyday on "average". I say on "average" because sometimes I spend 8-10 when I feel particularly inspired and sometimes I skip a day. I don't really want to turn this into a fulltime job as I get the feeling that I will end up hating working on it pretty quickly if I did.

The issue right now is that whenever a patch contains a Heroine it takes a long time to make. In between Heroine releases patches are usually more frequent. It takes me 20-30 days to make a map and about the same time to do one Sex Scene image (I draw very slowly with a mouse).

I can't really break down what I'm working on into smaller patches as there is a significant amount of interconnection between different parts. Once it's done it should have about 4-5 patches worth of content and will probably increase the game play content by ~30%.

Most people just do a one time donation whenever a new patch comes out before unsubscribing and that seems fair enough to me.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Also be careful about suggesting authors toss aside their dayjob to pursue something as perilous as patron or whatever. There's a lot of success stories but even more stories where they don't go anywhere.

The only thing I'd say though FeyRing is uh... plan your future content where when you introduce a debuff with something that can be cured, to also introduce the method to cure or remove that debuff in the same patch. Like the stuff with the werewolves has been annoying since you're basically discouraged from fucking them completely, even they're so common. I know a solution to that is coming this patch, but since this is a part time project for you the patches have long release times, so people will be waiting for that fix for a while.

Kirstey

Jul 2, 2019
I spend about 4-5 hours on it everyday on "average". I say on "average" because sometimes I spend 8-10 when I feel particularly inspired and sometimes I skip a day. I don't really want to turn this into a fulltime job as I get the feeling that I will end up hating working on it pretty quickly if I did.

The issue right now is that whenever a patch contains a Heroine it takes a long time to make. In between Heroine releases patches are usually more frequent. It takes me 20-30 days to make a map and about the same time to do one Sex Scene image (I draw very slowly with a mouse).

I can't really break down what I'm working on into smaller patches as there is a significant amount of interconnection between different parts. Once it's done it should have about 4-5 patches worth of content and will probably increase the game play content by ~30%.

Most people just do a one time donation whenever a new patch comes out before unsubscribing and that seems fair enough to me.
Wow. I didn't know that you were working so much hours on it. I thought you did maybe 5 hours but weekly not daily. Of course i don't "suggest to toss aside your other(daily) job" like that guy under your comment said. I only said more updates would gave you more revenue and i suggested spending more hours on it. Now i know you are already spending huge amount of time on this project and i am grateful to you for your motivation to create this game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FeyRing

Warren9

Aug 14, 2017
Found a bug when fighting werewolves where if snuffles is knocked out and you use an invisibility potion in battle to escape it says snuffles was defeated and the game freezes. Not sure if that's something that matters since it's pretty specific but thought I should let you know just in case. Also seems like it's impossible for me to get Saffron knocked up even though I have the virile trait and tried dozens of times. Is it not possible until after an event or something?

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes