Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
The MC honestly feels more like a protaganist in a netorare story with how he always acts.
And i kind of hoped that we actually 'steal' or cuck the other husbands, but this seems more like everyone is giving their consent first, asking the MC to do their wifes, which is kind of a downer.
Even ignoring the weird blackmail this is what bothered me the most, maybe he will grow more into it but jesus it's a bit hard to read at times.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Actually, Sam clarified the opposite was true in this post
Doesn't say the player needs to be jealous, just aware. Again, you can't account for player emotional reactions on the tag.
Tbh the tag definition on this site should probably have the jealousy part replaced with something relating to the loss component of neto, but that's not really a discussion for here. The jealousy part as currently written doesn't really work for oblivious MCs.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Doesn't say the player needs to be jealous, just aware. Again, you can't account for player emotional reactions on the tag.
What do you think this sentence means: "Finally, although the protagonist isn't explicitly aware of the situation, it's enough for the player to be aware for the NTR tag to be added"

• Haha
Reactions: Overlord070

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
What do you think this sentence means: "Finally, although the protagonist isn't explicitly aware of the situation, it's enough for the player to be aware for the NTR tag to be added"
That the player needs to be aware that the infidelity is occurring. We're not discussing whether we need to know about it or not, we're discussing the jealousy component of this website's definition of NTR.
  • Netorare [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.
Since you can't predict the player's response to the NTR, the jealousy component could only refer to the character's reaction, not the players. I don't think the definition works because, as I said in my previous comment, that jealousy component isn't compatible with oblivious NTR protagonists who are too ignorant to be jealous of anything.
As I also said this is completely off topic though, so I'm not responding to any more discussion about the definition of NTR

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
"designed to cause jealousy" lmao then by their own definition most NTR isn't NTR because a lot of it isn't designed to cause jealousy. A lot of the time the cuck never even finds out.
yeah, it's worded poorly.

I prefer to just use the terms literal definition "To be taken from" is pretty self-explanatory unless you have limited grasp on English as a whole. (and makes it obvious that it includes those MC has a crush on or cares for in some capacity despite no actual "official" relationship).

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
yeah, it's worded poorly.

I prefer to just use the terms literal definition "To be taken from" is pretty self-explanatory unless you have limited grasp on English as a whole. (and makes it obvious that it includes those MC has a crush on or cares for in some capacity despite no actual "official" relationship).
Yeah. It's also weird because this website uses "cheating" and "swinging" for netori and netorase yet most people on the internet don't do that which is why a lot of netori and netorase games end up getting tagged as netorare on this website as they are just variations on the scenario.

I do wonder when (if ever) they will update the tag system to include modern tags. I mean hell they don't even have basic tags like "Yandere" in current year lmao.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me, thought my first suspicion was Jona.
I don't know .. the detail about the wife hating MC seems more like something MCs wiife would say just to push him towards something...
but then again maybe that's just my wishful thinking since if it's someone else and the wife really does hate him would be a shit thing....
We'll see I guess...

Reactions: Raziel_8

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Yeah. It's also weird because this website uses "cheating" and "swinging" for netori and netorase yet most people on the internet don't do that which is why a lot of netori and netorase games end up getting tagged as netorare on this website as they are just variations on the scenario.

I do wonder when (if ever) they will update the tag system to include modern tags. I mean hell they don't even have basic tags like "Yandere" in current year lmao.
uhhhh, Pretty sure Netorase is tagged with NTR, since well, it be NTR just that MC is into it. (although I would assume lighter Netorase would be swinging).

But yeah Netori does go under cheating, and was previously falsely tagged with NTR before they abbreviated the term.

Reactions: KingWeWuz

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I mean .. it could be true.. since we've seen how he talks to Sachie ...
and we've found out from Sachie that Ayano and her are talking about MCs sex life, so iif they talk about their sex life I reckon nothing is withheld ....
So yeah... iit does make a lot of sense for Jona to be the blackmailer.. but if he iis....
I hope he lied about Ayano hating MC....

Reactions: Raziel_8

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
uhhhh, Pretty sure Netorase is tagged with NTR, since well, it be NTR just that MC is into it. (although I would assume lighter Netorase would be swinging).

But yeah Netori does go under cheating, and was previously falsely tagged with NTR before they abbreviated the term.
I agree netorase should be tagged as NTR but some people insist it should *only* be tagged as swinging and not NTR because they want one but not the other. I think NTR + Swinging is the best we currently have in terms of tags that closest resemble Netorase. Perhaps one day this forum will exit from the stone age and bless us with new tags. As previously stated tags like "Yandere", "Kuudere" and other basic tags are yet to be implemented.

Reactions: bobdillan

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
and we've found out from Sachie that Ayano and her are talking about MCs sex life, so iif they talk about their sex life I reckon nothing is withheld ....
So yeah... iit does make a lot of sense for Jona to be the blackmailer.. but if he iis....
I don't think Ayano hates the MC, Ayano hates herself and is taking it out on the MC. MC thinks Ayano hates him though so it becomes a very potent line of manipulation.
Whoever it is they're definitely very close to them. I doubt it's Jona or Ayano though, from their thoughts at the end of it they mention they hope MC is dead but not before they're useful. That wouldn't really line up with either of their current motivations.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BTLD

dilbertini

Dec 17, 2019
I don't understand what the blackmailer could have to destroy their life like it did in the bad end, I mean unless he had a camera in the room or they were stupid enough to do it without closing the curtain, then the only blackmail material they could have is that two of them are infertile and he visited his friend late in the night and even that is a stretch?

Yeah someone could start a rumor that there was an affair between two couple of friends, but that is just a rumor and nothing can be proven. I could start a rumor that the prime minister of japan is having an affair with the wife of his best friend, but that wouldn't have any consequence.

Also I doubt it could be Ayano or Jona, since destroying your own life because the mc didn't respond to the blackmail is extremely stupid. (Bad end)

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
That's my guess as well, the blackmailer is apparently quite tall and pics show him being taller than MC. Only the 4 of them would even know about it too so it seems pretty obvious but i'm guessing there's a curve ball in there somewhere.

Last edited:

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
I don't think she hates MC but it might come across that way to outsiders since she is (or has become) quite cold towards MC. My thoery is the wife is actually lesbian.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I don't think she hates MC but it might come across that way to outsiders since she is (or has become) quite cold towards MC. My thoery is the wife is actually lesbian.
Has no one here heard of tsundere?

Also, I hate this site's insistence on calling netori cheating instead of just making a netori tag. Yes, I agree that all netori involves cheating, but not all cheating involves netori...this makes F95's classification flawed.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
She isn't tsundere or a lesbian.... Okay probably on the second point.
MC mentions in one of his thoughts that before they were a lot closer and she was a lot more affectionate. Most likely she's just a woman who's handling a traumatic discovery in an incredibly unhealthy manner. If she was tsundere then she would've started of cold and eventually warmed up. Here she started off affectionate and then before the game started began acting coldly. If she were a lesbian then she'd probably be more begrudging of the fact that she's married to a man.

I find it interesting though how a bunch of people are looking for reasons that she doesn't love the MC. Dev hasn't made any hint that the wife isn't a LI and she's on the LI stats screen. I'd be very surprised if she didn't have an actual relationship path. She just needs to get out of the funk she's in and stop blaming herself for her own biology.