4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Excuse me, I have been playing BS2 and getting through endings currently (Loving it, discovered this and BS1 a month ago). I have a question
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nah, all the other mechanics from Wonderland will go poof, it's just back to good ol' "Kill beast ook ook, we win ook ook'.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
hello fellow BS fans, I wanted to ask you if there is a video or a post that explains in detail the lore of the game

troll92

Jun 5, 2020
Anyone notices that Jabberwock is the RPGM Hentai version of Sans?
- Undead
- Glowy left eye
- Start the fight with the strongest attack
- Know more about the nature of the world than other characters

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Is that possible to confine all girls ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Understand that ''harem'' route in black souls is not really Harem but more of a ''sex slave jail'' route. Soo yea, most of them will not be happy with it. There is no way to permanently contain Mouse and tentacle princess with them not doing this, but it is kind of the point.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Understand that ''harem'' route in black souls is not really Harem but more of a ''sex slave jail'' route. Soo yea, most of them will not be happy with it. There is no way to permanently contain Mouse and tentacle princess with them not doing this, but it is kind of the point.
Hey, you can still have a harem w/o being together all the time~~~
One can always visit the place they're at.

*Looks at that profile pic...Rance the GOD...*
That man has the whole world as a part of his harem...

Reactions: Mephistofeles

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Hey, you can still have a harem w/o being together all the time~~~
One can always visit the place they're at.

*Looks at that profile pic...Rance the GOD...*
That man has the whole world as a part of his harem...
That is true. That would be the real harem route. In the original Black souls that wasnt posible due to the princesses asking you to kill the other ones.
*RANCE IS THE TRUE CHAD*

Reactions: Kar En Tuk

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
That is true. That would be the real harem route. In the original Black souls that wasnt posible due to the princesses asking you to kill the other ones.
*RANCE IS THE TRUE CHAD*
Indeed, it's a struggle on BS 1 since Snowy was a bit too demanding with killing the other 3...

There's no other H-MC that can top that guy...
Not even his
Magnum...

jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
Indeed, it's a struggle on BS 1 since Snowy was a bit too demanding with killing the other 3...

There's no other H-MC that can top that guy...
Not even his
Magnum...
We may get more content with the princesses later, as I've heard that it's strongly hinted that we'll see them again in one of the two side games that are coming out between BS2 and BS3. However, said games, either one or both, may be focused on Red Hood as the protagonist, so it may or may not be the content we're hoping for. On another note, I've personally never enjoyed the rance series, as while I can enjoy rape being in a game on occasion, such as this one, I'm not a fan of it being so strongly romanticized, nor am I a fan of a game treating such an objectively, blatantly evil character as a hero. Not just the protagonist, but as a 'hero', something the games go out of their way to try to portray Rance as, as if the ends justify the means and that's what they actually believe, making every character that actually matters perfectly fine with him as a person, despite previous actions, even those done to them. I mean sure, game, you can feature an unrepentant, immoral rapist as your main character, but don't lie to me while you're doing it, and don't sugarcoat it to the point that it makes me want to vomit. Doing that just distracts from the experience and gives me really bad vibes, idk if that's just me or not.

To each their own, I guess, but I've just never been a fan of rape when it's portrayed in a comedic manner, especially when done so much in such an over the top way, as the rance series loves to constantly do. I'm also not a fan of such an overly cruel character being illogically depicted in a manner entirely unlike their actual character. It just creates a big disconnect for me, because it feels like the game is talking about a completely different character than the one I'm seeing on screen.

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
We may get more content with the princesses later, as I've heard that it's strongly hinted that we'll see them again in one of the two side games that are coming out between BS2 and BS3, though said games, one or both, may be focused on Red Hood as the protagonist, so it may or may not be the content we're hoping for. On another note, I've personally never enjoyed the rance series, as while I can enjoy rape being in a game on occasion, I'm not a fan of it being so strongly romanticized, nor am I a fan of a game treating such an objectively, blatantly evil character as a hero. Not just the protagonist, but as a 'hero', something the games go out of their way to try to portray Rance as, as if the ends justify the means and that's what they actually believe. I mean sure, game, you can feature an unrepentant, immoral rapist as your main character, but don't lie to me while you're doing it.
Sengoku Rance's my favorite~~~

Reactions: hofom77573

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
We may get more content with the princesses later, as I've heard that it's strongly hinted that we'll see them again in one of the two side games that are coming out between BS2 and BS3. However, said games, either one or both, may be focused on Red Hood as the protagonist, so it may or may not be the content we're hoping for. On another note, I've personally never enjoyed the rance series, as while I can enjoy rape being in a game on occasion, such as this one, I'm not a fan of it being so strongly romanticized, nor am I a fan of a game treating such an objectively, blatantly evil character as a hero. Not just the protagonist, but as a 'hero', something the games go out of their way to try to portray Rance as, as if the ends justify the means and that's what they actually believe, making every character that actually matters perfectly fine with him as a person, despite previous actions, even those done to them. I mean sure, game, you can feature an unrepentant, immoral rapist as your main character, but don't lie to me while you're doing it, and don't sugarcoat it to the point that it makes me want to vomit. Doing that just distracts from the experience and gives me really bad vibes, idk if that's just me or not.

To each their own, I guess, but I've just never been a fan of rape when it's portrayed in a comedic manner, especially when done so much in such an over the top way, as the rance series loves to constantly do. I'm also not a fan of such an overly cruel character being illogically depicted in a manner entirely unlike their actual character. It just creates a big disconnect for me, because it feels like the game is talking about a completely different character than the one I'm seeing on screen.
I have to agree with you. While Rance is funny, i think it is morally reprensible and ironically goes kind of against the fetish to romantice rape as much as the rance series does. It feels like a justification. Not that there is anything wrong with that, mind you, a fantasy is a fantasy and i said before one can enjoy (almost) anything as long as it stays in said realm.
There is a real way to face rape in your game and a animu way to face it.
I talked this with a friend and we found that there is a perfect example of this problem in two games here. Harem(RIP) VS Harem collector. They are basically the same game in the basis, but soo different at the same time. In one you ''animu rape'' people, that it, you prive them of free will, force yourself into them, and ruin their lives just for them to fall in love with you and have a lovely harem with everyone happy in the end. While in the other game, YOU ACTUALLY RAPE AND ENSLAVE PEOPLE. The girls hate you for this most of the time, they try to fight back and ruin your plans only to face even worse fates in the end, and the game lets you know well and clear YOU ARE THE BAD GUY HERE. That is in my opinion the difference between Black souls and Rance too. I like Rance but there is no way i would put him above Black souls. I genuily consider this franchise a master piece.
Edit: Also it feel wrong when Rance sees something bad happening to a girl later and he now care how they feel like...huh?

Reactions: lehw and jsmitth529
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes