4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Kar En Tuk

Dec 24, 2019
ok how the fuck do i beat the winter mage and winter warrior for dlc 3
Spoiler they're harder than most of DLC bosses which is BS.

Warrior deal % 50 your max HP into dmg , unavoidable , pierce defense dmg so you can't guard, 2 hits from his 2 actions means you're dead .
No dodge, immune to crit , susceptible to fragile, poison, bleed, laceration, Vulnerable and STUN.

So you need at least 20k stat( recommended because RNG dmg) put the Difficulty to 0 ( save urself the headache) at least 2-3 ring of Black Rabbit( boss is in north of the Spore Village when 0 Sen or grind in Chao Dungeon),Bumble Bee Ring ,( dodge at the start of the battle buy from the Crow with Candy) Mosquito Ring, Andor Sword + 5, Pledge preferably Kuti( 50% bonus turn) or Lorina ( resist Fire ICE, Lighting, Dark 50%)
Get the following weapon, Black Blade( found in Infinite Food in Duchess Mansion, Flying Dragon Sword+5 , Ragnarok ( upgrade from Claymore in the Lava Waterfall same area to the left,near Jean of Arc Book.), Great Thief Dagger,Deep Sea Knight Anchor+5
You want to start the battle using Andor Sword so 4 actions with 2 Black Rabbit Ring,buff your Att,Def, ect with item ( no cost turn)use Indignation (Deep sea anchor), Phalax, Pommel ( Stun the opponent from Ragnarok) aim at the Winter Knight, Switch into Andor Sword and Use Providence ( Nullify Crit Attacks from the Winter Witch) Or Knight King Sword ( Knight Pride) to reduce the unavoidable dmg from the Witch. At this point, if your luck is high, you should avoid all the attacks except the Ice dmg x4 unavoidable but with 20k stats you should be fine) and The Knight is stunned with Bleed, Poison.

Next turn You should have 5 actions per turn and you should choose to kill the Winter Witch first since she takes crit dmg, low hp, low dodge( use Absolute Precision to 100% hit) and susceptible to Reflect Magic ( equip the Mirror Shield). Immune to status effect though. They're both afraid of Fire, so make use of Oil Urn( double fire dmg), Fire Spell and HellFire Breath to deal great dmg and Shockwave + Pommel Ragnarok to STUN and control the Knight( you don't want to focus the Knights first because he tanky, take no crit dmg, and at 50% HP will use skill to Regen, heal 40% hp back, with a buff reduce 50% dmg that need Dispel, and a Charge Attack that requires Break)

The Witch will use mostly Ice Attack ( so Lorina Covenant helps a lot ) and Dispel with passive 25% reflect rate so you should be careful of magic attack ( can't reflect unavoidable attacks btw) and deal high dmg so keep dodge + buff on you and focus dmg fast on her.

Additionally you can spam Requiem ( can't be killed when below 1 HP) to power through but watch out for the Witch Dispel.

Or just use Hidden Pepper and avoid them until when you get better skill and a summon, makes life easier.

Last edited:

gemmenica

Feb 26, 2020
ok how the fuck do i beat the winter mage and winter warrior for dlc 3
The strategy here is to get the black rabbit ring or white rabbit ring to get more action per turn (Preferable 3-4) then kill the witch first, as she can debuff and wipe your buff(No requiem for you) and either stun or cast requiem on the warrior turn then buff your self with some elemental buff and madness to get shit ton of buff and spam the hell of it.

As you can't deal crit damage to the knight its better to stun lock him with Deep Sea Knight Anchor+5 and switch to wand of ryel'eh to deal magic damage. but dont take too long to kill him, the longer it drags on the harder it is to kill him(The knight can regen a lot of health and buff itself with 50% damage cut)

But My Cheeze strat is too buff yourself on turn one, equip Kishigatana, Gun Break the Knight(Should deal a lot of damage), then Hit them with 4 AOE atk from the weapon skill (3 addtional turn cuz i equip myself with white and black rabbit ring)

Reactions: Kar En Tuk

SecretIGN

Jun 21, 2020
Screenshot_2021-06-12-20-58-54-928_cyou.joiplay.joiplay.jpg

i don't know i kinda lazy buy Some soul colors and farming kinda easy on diff 9 and reward 1950000 per round..

im sorry for fanboy miranda

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Get health regen somehow, mabel's boss rush reward, jubjub bow, viscera, some rings. For actually doing damage, acid rain + bleed + both poisons + burn (altogether 15% damage) and throw in either scythe weapon to get around the attack debuff. You can also just cheese her by wearing abhorrent cloak or god fish ring. It prevents healing but not regeneration. Her attacks are actually healing you which in turn does damage because of the domain.

Reactions: Kar En Tuk

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
Delusional self important jealous playwright mad that grimm's (and his fellow head friends) stories are more successful than his horror stories. Also mad that Gran Guignol chose Grimm over him. In reality, he was a writer for the actual Gran Guignol theater in Paris. Look up Andre de Lorde.

Well it's a bit logical. The power Grimm got from GG is literally Mary's power that was taken from her by Node. Mary still has some power though, at least enough to put up a fight in G end, so maybe what Grimm got wasn't enough to fix whatever was going on with Red hood. Also the double whammy of Grimm's "constitution" that kills heroines near him, courtesy of Mary (maybe that's why she gets fucked over so much, Grimm is naturally causing disaster for her).
As for offspring, definitely feels like something will come of that. Maybe I'm looking into it too much but Red hood was really wanting that baby out of Grimm when normally she is frigid, even telling him not to have sex because it causes madness. Probably didn't show the children, if they exist, in that last CG because it's meant to be heart breaking.
We're a long ways off from getting any firm answer though.

Maybe. Mabel also thinks he would be strong enough, at least strong enough to avert everything turning to nothing. Can agree that Node is best girl though. It's a damn shame what happened to her hair though.

Villians getting away isn't bad, it just means we get to punch them later on, again in Mary's case.

Get out here while you still can, save yourself.
So are you telling me that he is the father of mary sue? Also its a weird one that he keep saying that he envy his daughter choose grimm instead of him,but when you beat him before meeting the grand guignol he has a dialog about something
like wait you are not my daughter... .

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
So are you telling me that he is the father of mary sue? Also its a weird one that he keep saying that he envy his daughter choose grimm instead of him,but when you beat him before meeting the grand guignol he has a dialog about something
Grimm's the pops of Mary Sue?
That can be a funny thing 'coz Grimm has his memory wiped out right? So that can be something Mary Sue added~~~
A false story of which she was "his creator" but in reality is one of his kids all along!!!

Maybe Mary Sue is the one who has the "notice me senpai" syndrome or "I want to be the favorite child!!!" kind of thing.
But heyyy, it's all a speculation...A GAM- No...

I don't really think it's this case at all...

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Not sure how you drew that conclusion from what I said. He's just insane, don't put too much stock in his words. Gran Guignol is literally Mary Sue's power to create that was stolen from her by Node and turned into another outer one. If anything, prince of hell is more likely GG's child.
Grimm's the pops of Mary Sue?
That can be a funny thing 'coz Grimm has his memory wiped out right? So that can be something Mary Sue added~~~
A false story of which she was "his creator" but in reality is one of his kids all along!!!

Maybe Mary Sue is the one who has the "notice me senpai" syndrome or "I want to be the favorite child!!!" kind of thing.
But heyyy, it's all a speculation...A GAM- No...

I don't really think it's this case at all...
He's talking about an npc from the dlc. Grimm is definitely not Mary Sue's dad.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Oh nvm, boo.
Wait, who's the npc? Spoilers are 100% welcome in my case!!!
The prince of hell. Not really important in game I think but he is a recurring nightmare spirit. Three times he fights you. First time on a chain bridge. The second time, he can corner you in a tunnel with a lever. If you pull the lever, he backstabs you and instantly kills you. Third time is past the point of no return. Each fight he performs better. Also characteristic is the item spam he does. First fight he does 20x knife throws. Made me laugh. Third fight, he gets to go first and he goes absolutely wild, killed me even with the new ring that gives 900% defense buff at the start of the fight so don't think your stats will save you. Ended up cheesing him with the revive armor. Probably a better way to do it though. You can also fight him when you first meet him (you can come back later if you want) and he is just as strong as he is in the third nightmare spirit fight. He drops an armor though in this fight. Anyway, as a nightmare spirit he is based on a real person. That person is Andre de Lorde, a writer for the real life Gran Guignol, which is probably why he calls it his child. He wrote 150 plays for the theater and specialized in horror/tragedy.

there are actually
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am aware
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
If anything, prince of hell is more likely GG's child.
His character is literally named after this dude:
So the "daughter" he refers to is most certainly GG.
He's jealous because GG focuses her attention on "trapping" Grimm in Wonderland. That being said I'm not sure if GG is capable of making any decisions on its own whatsoever.

Here's my personal analysis based on what we found out in DLC3, shortened of course, because fully analyzing Black Souls 3 you could write an entire goddamn book. Full of big, fat spoilers, obviously:

Grand Guignol is a semi-conscious (we don't know if it has a personality or ego at all, it doesn't seem to despite several implications of that being the case) "engine" that runs Wonderland (Garden made by TCO) behind the scenes (the GEARS IN MUH BRAIN). It was built from the Creator power ("ability to change") of Mary Ann/Leaf, ripped out of her for being a bitch by Node, on presumably TCO's orders to construct Wonderland.

The purpose of Wonderland is to harvest emotions from mainly (or perhaps exclusively) Grimm, mainly (or, again, maybe exclusively) "love" or whatever sick and twisted vision of love an Eldritch abomination may try to replicate.
All Outer Ones (inherently logical beings by default, incapable of morality [thus, their "souls" are "black", THUS BLACK SOULS ZZZING]) crave to understand human emotions, and to some extent (according to Mabel) crave attention of mortals as well. At some point, TCO became too immersed in the role of Alice baiting Grimm into an endless pursuit of "love" (and suffering) and went crazy (if Eldritch Gods can go crazy) over it. Thus the "play"/"stage", or Garden stagnated because all it started to serve was TCO's insatiable addiction to "love" as provided by Grimm.

TCO is honestly a huge mystery still because we don't see any of its personality at all during the game other than insane gibberish and sheer desperation to keep Grimm hooked on eldritch cunny. Black Souls II starts at a certain point after the loops have already began (loop number noted by Node in her book I think it starts at 40-something).The most we know is Mabel referring to TCO as a "trickster" which seems accurate considering TCO's inspiration is obviously derived from Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep. Sister/daughter/mother Alices aren't even "played" by TCO itself.

It seems to me like TCO ultimately fell victim to its own game and turned insane due to its addiction to Grimm's love sauce (the metaphysical one). Maybe possibly it's due to Grimm's inherent character trait of having "heroines" fall for him even if he outright rapes them (because he's a self-insert faceless male protagonist, duh) and ultimately perish as they're doomed to suffer, because that's how he was "written" into existence by Mary Ann. SO IN A WAY LEAF FUCKED OVER THE MOTHERFUCKING CRAWLING CHAOS IN THE LONG RUN THAT SMUG FUCKING FAIRY.
Obviously, TCO is not omnipotent (or maybe its intelligence stagnated due to overdosing) even in its own Garden, as it doesn't catch onto Prickett's, Node's and Mabel's plan to get Grimm out of this fucking game (literally and figuratively, HEH) until it's too late.

Like I said, this is all a very simple overview because it gets a lot more complicated when you consider Prickett (real Alice), Grimm's origin as a character himself (an amalgamation of souls of actors such as Andersen, Grimm brothers and obviously Lewis Carroll taken from... somewhere...) and Leaf/Mary Ann doing fuckerous fuckery. And of course, there's also Red, Mary Ann's first written protagonist (I think).
There's also the trio of Jubjub, Bandersnatch and Jabberwock playing the roles of sister, daughter and mother Alice respectively to bait Grimm into the cycles of juicing him out of love. I never really understood their role fully (especially Jabber, who's doubly important because she did some fuckery between BSI and BSII), but I guess they're just secondary actors and TCO doesn't want to/can't participate directly as Alice because it loses control too easily (goes spooky mode Alice the moment Grimm notices something's fucky etc.). Or maybe TCO is just a shitty actor and it's only in it to gorge itself on Grimm's emotions.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Already mentioned it several times that he is Andre.
GG shows some personality at least when it (I assume its GG that does this) removes prince of hell after you beat him in winterbell. There's also the hscene with alice doll (which was created by GG). At the end it tries to hold Grimm in and Grimm mentions visions of becoming soulless, that might just be part of the doll sex fetish though.
Definitely crawling one has degraded from its past power. IIRC there is dialogue somewhere about how it is much weaker than it used to be because it's trying too hard to be Alice. Weak enough that an old fragment of it, Prickett, could successfully create a domain that crawling one couldn't peer into.
Not all outer ones want in on the human emotions thing. Some outer ones outright rejected the offer (kuti's parents, elemental great ones). Some joined despite not being interested (Jabberwock just wanted to make blacker souls).
Jub Jub, Bandersnatch and Jabberwock aren't Sister, Daughter, Mother Alice. Jub Jub and Bandersnatch get deleted by Jabberwock and Jabberwock herself is killed by Grimm shortly after in G end and the Alices still show up afterwards. They also don't have the same great one form when you fight them as the three nightmares do. Those three Alices are just more great ones that crawling one lured in with her Grimm love plan. One of the videos you can watch in Winterbell shows Sister Alice getting mad at Mabel cause great ones are going missing (one of which being the one that was playing Elder Sister Alice) and Sister Alice thinks Mabel is kidnapping them for her dungeon. She also accuses Mabel of working together with crawling one to trick the other great ones. Mabel tells her they probably got bored/aware of crawling one's trick and just left. Heck, even Mabel says she was part of the harem for a couple laps before getting bored of it.

Reactions: noibo

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Florence. You need Blackwell's letter she leaves behind near the bonfire in the cathedral.

I noticed the secret file wasn't updated with the dlc so I made a new that has the CGs from the dlc. the password is the same as the original Like the old one, this only contains CGs for events you can't replay in the recollection room but doesn't contain any of the CGs of the old one. Also, it doesn't contain the elevator image and doesn't contain 99% of the Liddell house section (just one image I think) which was made entirely with CGs because who wants to look at stairs.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes