4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I finished 1st playthrough and collected pretty much all bonfires, unless I missed something. To my horror, after going into next cycle, bonfires are reset. Can you unlock them somehow? Otherwise I am probably taking a break before approaching this game soon, it would be cumbersome to do all of that again.

Also, I've got piece of cake in special inventory named ''Eat me''. What does it do? When I use it. it says its not the place to eat it.
You have to get all the bonfires again
Eat me is supposed to be used in the same room you got it, the room in rabbit hole. It returns you to normal size after having drunk "drink me". You can also use it by giving it the duchess for a giantess tongue/vore scene. Same with drink me and Mary Sue.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
help... how do I fix the text? (I changed the font in the hint section to VL Gothic and the text for some of the items and descriptions became squished like this... when I changed it back to the original text it still remains squished...)
If reversing the font change doesn't work, then I suggest you re-download the game and move your saves so you don't lose your progress.
Even so, I'm tempted to ask why did you do that in the first place.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
The hint.txt file asks to switch fonts so the map it has looks ok. Idk why that would affect the font in the game though.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
The hint.txt file asks to switch fonts so the map it has looks ok. Idk why that would affect the font in the game though.
I think it means the "map" inside Hints.txt, so it doesn't look like a mess. Anyway, I'll post a pic of what should it look like (manually fixed)

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I think it means the "map" inside Hints.txt, so it doesn't look like a mess. Anyway, I'll post a pic of what should it look like (manually fixed)
Yes that was the map I was referring to. That's why I wondered why it would affect the game's font as well.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Yes that was the map I was referring to. That's why I wondered why it would affect the game's font as well.
It shouldn't do that since that .txt file is not related to the game itself. Are you sure you're not messing with the game code? Otherwise, I suggest you download the game again.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
More than likely overwrote the RPG Maker default font at some point. All you need to do is reinstall the fonts from the RTP (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS3\RPGVXAce\Fonts or a similar location).

Feb 13, 2020
Any tips how to beat Demonic Princess of Thorns (the one that you fight in Ashes Reignated 5th room) and her 4 Spinning Wheels? They don't vanish after beating them down to 0.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
It shouldn't do that since that .txt file is not related to the game itself. Are you sure you're not messing with the game code? Otherwise, I suggest you download the game again.
I'm not the one with the squished text.

LelloPisello69

Aug 2, 2020
So I have finished the game last week and I do have to say that it is the most interesting RPG Maker 18+ game that I have played to date. There's a lot of great RPG Maker games out there, whether it is 18+ or not, but this one takes the cake for the 18+ category.

But now there's this hollow feeling in me looking for another RPG Maker game that has a really well made story line and interesting journey. Sure, there's old gems like Ao Oni and Mad Father or for example in the E(?) rated range, but weirdly enough I feel like the 18+ part of it makes the story more whole and doesn't shy from the aspect of free story telling in general, in addition of a more free, and thus more interesting story telling even though I kinda skip over it after seeing it once.

I have been scouring around not just the past week, but for a long while for something that interest me in the 18+ genre, but most of the time the "not so well" crafted aspect of the story became a major turn off for me.

There's a lot of "Grand" RPG Maker 18+ game out there, example would be Princess & Conquest and My New Life: Revamp that just doesn't seem to caught my interest in the story department or execution, and there's also a lot of less grand titles that just doesn't hold the same level of amusement such as Nano-Control or Jikage Rising, even though all the game I have listed so far are all great games. Maybe I'm just being spoiled by Black Souls story, twists, mystery, and creativity?

Anyway, the closest to the game that I have found are games by Takamakuran that has similarity in their games, which is this messy-like art style and their kinda-depressing story. I enjoyed their games such as A New Game and The Mercenary's Adventure, but even their games aren't as polished and as interesting as EMMM's Black Souls series.

I think what makes me gravitate to Black Souls boils down to their mastery in story telling/creativity as well as their unique but discernable art style. I don't want another character from Illusion's character generator and a simple screenshot of it, nor do I want another harem based story that is very superficial and holds no substance or weight, or a RPG Maker game where the point is for you to just wank one out. I want something that surprises me or makes me think of what the author of the story is trying to portray or say, even if their point boils down to madness and insanity, because no matter how severe it is if it is there with a purpose and has a great execution and story, then it is a great story nonetheless. (Example of this would be the Berserk Manga)

With all that said, does anyone here have a recommendation that fulfills all the criteria that I am looking for? An RPG Maker game with great lengthy story and great execution on the same level as Black Souls? I'm starting to lose hope trying to find one. It doesn't have to be all depressed, it's just have to be well executed and full of love poured into the game and the story. I'm at the point where I'm thinking I should make one myself (as easy as that is to say, I know how hard it is to make a powerful game, hence the scarcity).

Appreciate all the help, suggestions and replies! Also tell me what do you think of the game; Am I just being over the top praising it or is it justified compared to its competitors?
Monster girl quest paradox

Feb 13, 2020
My game crashes after I take Prickett to watch movie on date with her. Is there fix for this? I suspect missing files, I downloaded the game from this thread.

Varjnasiroa

Dec 7, 2018
Anyone know what triggers the nightmare scene in the abandoned hotel?
The one where Grimm remembers all the heroines he killed in the first game. This has never happened in any playthrough I had previously.

There's also that scene where he enters a ruined room and starts hallucinating Dorothy. But I forgot when, where, and how it happens.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Anyone know what triggers the nightmare scene in the abandoned hotel?
The one where Grimm remembers all the heroines he killed in the first game. This has never happened in any playthrough I had previously.

There's also that scene where he enters a ruined room and starts hallucinating Dorothy. But I forgot when, where, and how it happens.
1) Nothing triggers it, except discovering the hotel and wandering inside it.
2) That happens at Mental Ward. You make your way in some rooms until reaching a large corridor. Once you go through it with positive SEN (don't remember it's exact value, but one that don't make you see shit) you trigger the scene, then you can grab her book. Otherwise, you don't trigger it and just enter to a destroyed house to grab Dorothy's book.

Reactions: Varjnasiroa

Varjnasiroa

Dec 7, 2018
I love how this game still manages to surprise me despite nearing a hundred hours playtime
Though, more than half of that time was actually spent piggin in CD on my first playthrough.

Personally the best RPGM game I've ever played

Apr 21, 2020
i beat 3rd boss and 2nd boss before reaching 1st boss from other side and standing next to him side by side.

i missed lot's of story information and need heavy spoiler since i am on the long run of doing this game without the soul library as my first playthrough.

i believe to many npc died without me ever meeting them once.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Most npcs don't die until after you've killed your 10th boss minus a couple depending on some other actions you could take. Mary the rabbit dies on the 5th if jack isn't dead.

Reactions: Cuhulu Disciple
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes