4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Thanks buddy. But I did play the first one. It was just a long time ago. I remember the Frog Princess but I can't seem to rember the Frog King???
Oh, if you wanna learn about the bosses in Chaos Dungeons.
Talk to the save spot / heal spot after beating 'em~~~

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
Okay, I'm stumped on how to beat the----------Never mind. I defeated the Old King. But I'm so ashamed at how. When I remade my character I thought that I was invincible( tentatively). But he ended up one-shotting me with that sword every time. To be fair, he would use that sword summoning or whatever and then immediately strike with that Calibur before my turn would come up. I did't even know it was a skill that could be broken-seeing as how he did those moves consecutively. The point is, I could have beaten him my first try. I even had three draconic wings that I didn't use. I'm over that now and I'm searching for Hellkaizer-my old foe and punching bag.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Okay, I'm stumped on how to beat the----------Never mind. I defeated the Old King. But I'm so ashamed at how. When I remade my character I thought that I was invincible( tentatively). But he ended up one-shotting me with that sword every time. To be fair, he would use that sword summoning or whatever and then immediately strike with that Calibur before my turn would come up. I did't even know it was a skill that could be broken-seeing as how he did those moves consecutively. The point is, I could have beaten him my first try. I even had three draconic wings that I didn't use. I'm over that now and I'm searching for Hellkaizer-my old foe and punching bag.
Helkaizer is my favorite fight out of all the bosses in Chaos Dungeon.
BS 1 gang, best gang.

Reactions: avientone

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
Helkaizer is my favorite fight out of all the bosses in Chaos Dungeon.
BS 1 gang, best gang.
Amen to that!
Edit: I had no idea there would be cut scene after defeating Old King. And I have now idea what she's talking about?? I also haven't seen where that giant house attacks you- the carpenters something.
And that girl in the oyster sea said she wanted me to distribute fish to the denizens. Huh?

Last edited:

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Amen to that!
Edit: I had no idea there would be cut scene after defeating Old King. And I have now idea what she's talking about?? I also haven't seen where that giant house attacks you- the carpenters something.
And that girl in the oyster sea said she wanted me to distribute fish to the denizens. Huh?
Right? what are you supposed to do with her fish? I thought she meant the NPCs on the beach, but they don't react. What are you meant to do with them?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Yo, any reliable way to murderlize the giant godfish asshole and the deep sea knight? Other than upping the stats to ungodly amounts (If that's the only way Imma go farm shit in the labyrinth for a couple hours)
But if there's any abilities or items that make it more possible, I'd like to know :p
Like, I've noticed that status problems don't seem to work, they avoid most debuff spells, and the single hit attack that does the most damage, beside %hp attacks, among those I've tried, was Hide and seek.
Also, the evasion stance doesn't seem to help, I've done the setup so that once you use either Hide'n seek or Shadowmeld evasion is 100% or above, and the Godfish-asshole will still squash and oneshot (any ways to not get oneshotted randomly?)
(Currently still at noob depth, HP at 74k, MP at 5k, all stats at 2k, except speed at 5k and luck at 3k; am I just bad at the game, or do I really just need to grind and farm more?)
Get 100% physical evasion without relying on dodge as they can both remove it. Ring of sin can be found in the area before deep sea knight and gives 50%. You'll want fear immunity for deep sea knight. Don't guard since it removes your ability to dodge. Keep Knight's pride buff up instead. If you aren't already, abuse madness, self mutilate, phalanx, and resins to buff your attack to insane degrees. Why are your speed and luck so much higher than the rest of your stats? Speed soft caps at around 2-3k.
Right? what are you supposed to do with her fish? I thought she meant the NPCs on the beach, but they don't react. What are you meant to do with them?
You just have to have zero in your inventory. Nothing more.

Reactions: Fmal

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Get 100% physical evasion without relying on dodge as they can both remove it. Ring of sin can be found in the area before deep sea knight and gives 50%. You'll want fear immunity for deep sea knight. Don't guard since it removes your ability to dodge. Keep Knight's pride buff up instead. If you aren't already, abuse madness, self mutilate, phalanx, and resins to buff your attack to insane degrees. Why are your speed and luck so much higher than the rest of your stats? Speed soft caps at around 2-3k.
Yeah, just went caveman style and brute-forced it after spending a couple of hours in the chaos labirynth :p Thanks for the pointers, though, ended up doing something similar without the self-harm buffs (madness & co.), also love the "autobuff-at-start-of-battle"-ring. Also found the "requiem" and "divine thunder" tomes which helped a lot. That asshole's anchor has quickly become my favourite weapon, the 80% stun + extra turn skill are so much up my alley :D
I pumped a lot into speed at the beginning because I liked to overwhelm them with turns :p Stats are more or less evened out by now
You just have to have zero in your inventory. Nothing more.
Fucking for real? That's what I get for overthinking shit, didn't even consider just emptying them out XD Thanks, dude! :D

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Just a curious question:
I'm pretty much stat capped, does my damage still increase when I do inflict said debuffs on myself?

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Currently doing 2nd playthrough with low SEN, does the scene with RRH at the Brothel in Ludwitdge (Grimm goes mad, dresses her as Alice and chokes her) impact anything besides gallery completion? (like does she stop being interactable afterwards or something?)
Also paying really close attention to SP progression (want to avoid Jack/Holmes killing Marie), so I'm exploring as much as possible before crossing any fog walls. Anything there I might risk getting locked out of? (like something happens only at a certain SP in areas I wouldn't think of re-checking?) (I have read the post about the basic SP progression, just wondering if there are any details or storypoints)
Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Currently doing 2nd playthrough with low SEN, does the scene with RRH at the Brothel in Ludwitdge (Grimm goes mad, dresses her as Alice and chokes her) impact anything besides gallery completion? (like does she stop being interactable afterwards or something?)
Also paying really close attention to SP progression (want to avoid Jack/Holmes killing Marie), so I'm exploring as much as possible before crossing any fog walls. Anything there I might risk getting locked out of? (like something happens only at a certain SP in areas I wouldn't think of re-checking?) (I have read the post about the basic SP progression, just wondering if there are any details or storypoints)
Well, let's just say if you reach enough progression w/o reaching a certain tower will cause one NPC to kill a lotta heroines.

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Well, let's just say if you reach enough progression w/o reaching a certain tower will cause one NPC to kill a lotta heroines.
Yeah, already knew about that and managed to avoid it in my 1st run too. (It was one of the most emphathized points in the SP guide :p )
Thanks though :D

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
I have to say, I'm surprised the devs passed on an easy easter egg opportunity:
When in the slaughterhouse at low Sen, on of the bodies on the meathooks could have been Alice's

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Just a curious question:
I'm pretty much stat capped, does my damage still increase when I do inflict said debuffs on myself?
No, you can check your stats in battle through the equip menu. They will update with buffs and you see they don't increase even once buffed. Once you have maxed out stat, the only way to increase your damage is through weakpoint exploit, resistances, and debuffing enemy defense.
It doesn't affect anything other than the gallery.
As for things to go back for, Blackwell doesn't sell items at the cathedral until 5+ progression and she goes insane at 10 progression. She doesn't sell anything unique there, besides her blood vials, but you do need to talk to her at the cathedral to get her letter she leaves behind after she goes insane.

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
As for things to go back for, Blackwell doesn't sell items at the cathedral until 5+ progression and she goes insane at 10 progression. She doesn't sell anything unique there, besides her blood vials, but you do need to talk to her at the cathedral to get her letter she leaves behind after she goes insane.
Right, about the letter: Am I dumb for not finding Florence? The Tweedles mention her too and say she transformed. Is she still in the ward? Or just referenced to but we never see her? And, if the letter has to do with Florence interactions, do we have to let Blackwell go mad, and if we kill or imprison her before that we're locked out of it?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Florence is in dlc 3, it's impossible to miss her. You need blackwell's letter if you want her dream spirit. On the other hand, you can't get her soul if you do that.

Last edited:

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Florence is in dlc 3, it's impossible to miss her. You need blackwell's letter if you want her dream spirit. On the other hand, you can't get her soul if you do that.
Ooooh, ok, haven't gotten to see DLC3 yet, looking forward to it :)

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
What in the absolute flying fuck was that absolute acid-trip of a moon experience??? Did I just see a mythochondria (the cell's energy plant) (is that the reference? :p)
Are the numbers added to Sen randomized or specific? The "drop-mp-to-0" effect is the same as the black goat ring, so does it have anything to do with black-goat-chan?

Viir

May 21, 2018
What in the absolute flying fuck was that absolute acid-trip of a moon experience??? Did I just see a mythochondria (the cell's energy plant) (is that the reference? :p)
Are the numbers added to Sen randomized or specific? The "drop-mp-to-0" effect is the same as the black goat ring, so does it have anything to do with black-goat-chan?
You met/saw Azathoth (The Blind Idiot God) the encounter disturbes grimm quite badly as it would anyone.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Welcome to Eldritch shenanigans, Grimm.

oltoz

Sep 28, 2020
First time playing it and I'm shocked how good this game is but I have 2 things I have a problem with.

Is there any option to make text in combat slower? I can't read any of the enemies actions. Right now it lasts only about half a second.

Also what does SEN mean? Sanity? I've noticed I can see hard horror enemies and I can't talk to NPCs with low SEN. Is there any reason to drop SEN low?

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes