4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

CodeFree

Apr 27, 2021
We all know that Toro is a HUGE fromsoft fan, Black Souls II is basically a huge almagamation of all Soulsborne games on RPG Maker, be it the hunter's attire and gun break or the vegetable headed knights, the game is bursting with references.
So, while playing Elden Ring I ended up finding this item
1647886191212.png
If the name alone doesn't sound fishy enough to you, it gets even more curious when you consider that this weapon is a sacrificial blade, restoring your hp upon killing an enemy, and on Black Souls we do have the whole Snake God's shenanigans, whoose blood is a healing item and his sole devout is found amidst tons of skeletons on a bloody sacrificial chamber, said Snake God even appears on the altar there latter.
So, could Toro have worked on Elden Ring? He already proved to be quite the skilled mind with his own games, I wouldn't doubt that he'd eventually move on to help bigger projects, or maybe the fromsoft team just decided to make a little nod to him as thanks for all his homages.
Heavens, maybe he has been working with them for all this time? The whole church-femboy thing has been present on all the other souls games too, despite being something so specific (Gwyndolin on DS1, the sacred gender conversion coffin on DS2 and the Reversal Ring on DS3. I won't even get started on Sekiro since I'm no child predator.)
So what do you all think about this?

Reactions: Lunarius

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I don't know what to do. I got Kuti's pledge and I don't know where to go from here. I tried using the crystal to rewind and do the prologue so I could press the "esc" but nothing happened.
You need red hood encounters, leaf ring, and memories of alice before you can do that. There are several posts that describe the exact method to get that ending. Also it's not esc but the cancel button that triggers it (default is X key).
We all know that Toro is a HUGE fromsoft fan, Black Souls II is basically a huge almagamation of all Soulsborne games on RPG Maker, be it the hunter's attire and gun break or the vegetable headed knights, the game is bursting with references.
So, while playing Elden Ring I ended up finding this item
View attachment 1715631
If the name alone doesn't sound fishy enough to you, it gets even more curious when you consider that this weapon is a sacrificial blade, restoring your hp upon killing an enemy, and on Black Souls we do have the whole Snake God's shenanigans, whoose blood is a healing item and his sole devout is found amidst tons of skeletons on a bloody sacrificial chamber, said Snake God even appears on the altar there latter.
So, could Toro have worked on Elden Ring? He already proved to be quite the skilled mind with his own games, I wouldn't doubt that he'd eventually move on to help bigger projects, or maybe the fromsoft team just decided to make a little nod to him as thanks for all his homages.
Heavens, maybe he has been working with them for all this time? The whole church-femboy thing has been present on all the other souls games too, despite being something so specific (Gwyndolin on DS1, the sacred gender conversion coffin on DS2 and the Reversal Ring on DS3. I won't even get started on Sekiro since I'm no child predator.)
So what do you all think about this?
I think you're reading too much into it. Snakes are commonly related to health and immortality. I'm sure you've seen the Ouroboros, representing infinity or rebirth, or the twin snake caduceus, often used for medical services. Snake god himself is likely a reference to . About half of the characters in 2 is a reference to some lovecraft entity.
Other stuff would be him referencing them, not the other way around. Gun parrying and the hunter set, the moonblade, the "invasions" and black trial punishments, covenants, etc.

Crackgear

Oct 14, 2018
So currently I am stuck at The JTR Boss as usual. I usually could beat him easily with this build but for some reason when DLC3 came, it became almost impossible. I tried Buffs, Knifes, Bleeds and Poison Items and in the end, I keep dying to his stupid Blade Party Extravaganza that makes me impossible to counter back anyway even if I dispel. Is something wrong here or am I missing a screw? Come on Grimm, it ain't that hard to kill a local woman cereal killer...

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Everything has a gimmick in DLC 3.
That's the part where we actually start thinking no how to beat enemies even if they're just mobs.
Oh, and good luck to the first place you'll go to because if you got scared in the Mental Ward? Hehe, you'll experience something worse there...
Ufff, ok, that screaming black-blot face floaty lady is fucking terrifying :( Also, what am I supposed to do about the patients around the poison pool?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Ufff, ok, that screaming black-blot face floaty lady is fucking terrifying :( Also, what am I supposed to do about the patients around the poison pool?
You're supposed to kill them first before they turn hostile.
If not then you're pretty much going to have an annoying time since they will always come back to life.

Yes, the floating lady is one of the scariest but nothing beats the novel, that dam- thing is nightmare fuel that even makes eldritch folk scared.

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
You're supposed to kill them first before they turn hostile.
If not then you're pretty much going to have an annoying time since they will always come back to life.

Yes, the floating lady is one of the scariest but nothing beats the novel, that dam- thing is nightmare fuel that even makes eldritch folk scared.
AWESOME!!! :D
Can't wait for the Novel part.
Welp, in the meantime, onwards to tackle the labyrinth with the screaming floaty lady again!

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Welp, in the meantime, onwards to tackle the labyrinth with the screaming floaty lady again!
Let's see if you met one of my favorite NPCs in there, a winged lady.

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Does screamy-floaty-lady only show up the first time? :( Now I'm sad :(
I got to the room that turned red when I stood still, is there anything else that I could have found? Is it worth a reload?

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
Just got past Nurse Call.... Hoooooh, boy, that's what I call a difficulty spike from the main game :p
Used Margaret Covenant, started battle with Andor sword +5, then mainly Divine Punishment (the mace, 50% regen is insanely useful), 2-face shield, sky knight hat, sailor clothes, then 1xblack rabbit ring, empty ring +3, ring of my struggle, resurrectionst's ring.
Started with indignation (from the anchor), rot (from the Gla'akid) and then spam black slash (4 strong unavoidable hits, no CD, shit's broken as hell). Just keep health up and dispel buffs (with the technique, or with Mary's wand, whichever), refresh indignation and buffs, and apply requiem once the other soldiers appear. If health gets too low use Catherine's wheels (my personal favourite, 4x 2 hp-drain-hits with bleeding-chance), always after dispelling eventual buffs. Focus on murdering Nurse call, then clean up.
Applying the extra-turns buff to yourself is really helpful, since it seems to count towards cooldowns (definitely didn't have to wait 8 turns to re-use the wheels), while it doesn't affect the buff time.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
So currently I am stuck at The JTR Boss as usual. I usually could beat him easily with this build but for some reason when DLC3 came, it became almost impossible. I tried Buffs, Knifes, Bleeds and Poison Items and in the end, I keep dying to his stupid Blade Party Extravaganza that makes me impossible to counter back anyway even if I dispel. Is something wrong here or am I missing a screw? Come on Grimm, it ain't that hard to kill a local woman cereal killer...
Took me a second to realize JTR = jack the ripper. Jack always uses gun break if you are defending. You can just 100% cheese him out by using stone flesh and auto attacking with bunker blade and bunker blade itself is really useful against him anyway. Stone flesh is gotten from transmuting the old knight soul, that's the boss just before duchess manor. Bunker blade is in fog park. If you don't want to cheese him, I'd recommend dropping reckless hero ring and focus on debuffing his attack (with knight sword) while keeping your own buffs up. Fist weapons ambition skill got buffed and has no cooldown now so you can easily double stack all stat buffs including hp/mp.
Just got past Nurse Call.... Hoooooh, boy, that's what I call a difficulty spike from the main game :p
Used Margaret Covenant, started battle with Andor sword +5, then mainly Divine Punishment (the mace, 50% regen is insanely useful), 2-face shield, sky knight hat, sailor clothes, then 1xblack rabbit ring, empty ring +3, ring of my struggle, resurrectionst's ring.
Started with indignation (from the anchor), rot (from the Gla'akid) and then spam black slash (4 strong unavoidable hits, no CD, shit's broken as hell). Just keep health up and dispel buffs (with the technique, or with Mary's wand, whichever), refresh indignation and buffs, and apply requiem once the other soldiers appear. If health gets too low use Catherine's wheels (my personal favourite, 4x 2 hp-drain-hits with bleeding-chance), always after dispelling eventual buffs. Focus on murdering Nurse call, then clean up.
Applying the extra-turns buff to yourself is really helpful, since it seems to count towards cooldowns (definitely didn't have to wait 8 turns to re-use the wheels), while it doesn't affect the buff time.
I'm more impressed that you made use of ring of my struggle. In any other fight, it's useless because items exist.

Fmal

Dec 15, 2021
I'm more impressed that you made use of ring of my struggle. In any other fight, it's useless because items exist.
I quite like it, actually. Saves me 2 buffing actions, and stays active twice as long (12 instead of 6 turns). Plus, as long as you cast Omnibless before the buffs run out you'll keep the double buff.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I quite like it, actually. Saves me 2 buffing actions, and stays active twice as long (12 instead of 6 turns). Plus, as long as you cast Omnibless before the buffs run out you'll keep the double buff.
My point was you can just use items like carpenter screws to get the same effect without using turns EXCEPT on that fight since it blocks item use.

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
I'm trying to skip all the DLC3 talk. I'm trying to get there. I just locked up Bill and Kuti. THAT turned weird real fast. Didn't think Kuti would be the sound judgement type and the crazy overboard type either. Does that mean I can fight the Water God now? What was Liddell talking about when I beat the Old King? And why do I feel so guilty about locking up the HEROINES!!!???

Last edited:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I'm trying to skip all the DLC3 talk. I'm trying to get there. I just locked up Bill and Kuti. THAT turned weird real fast. Didn't think Kuti would be the sound judgement type and the crazy overboard type either. Does that mean I can fight the Water God now? What was Liddell talking about when I beat the Old King? And why do I feel so guilty about locking up the HEROINES!!!???
Great, now try and lock EVERYONE up and visit our smol buddy Dormouse from time to time.
I don't think you need to lock up DLC 3 people too iirc.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I just locked up Bill
You've made a mistake
Does that mean I can fight the Water God now? What was Liddell talking about when I beat the Old King? And why do I feel so guilty about locking up the HEROINES!!!???
No, maybe in 3
You mean Mabel? It's her motivation for what she does, you'll see soon enough. Also some set up for 3 I'm sure.
Probably because you locked up the two that actually have some kind of consequence.

avientone

Jun 23, 2020
You've made a mistake

No, maybe in 3
You mean Mabel? It's her motivation for what she does, you'll see soon enough. Also some set up for 3 I'm sure.
Probably because you locked up the two that actually have some kind of consequence.
Thanks' for the answers guys. I guess I didn't know what I was doing. NO CONSEQENSES!!!

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I forget, but where is the feature that allows you to "remove" the jumpscare? Perhaps avientone might like that.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes