4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
Just like Ending D in BS1 the next games will most likely follow Ending H events. However all the other endings also happend because of the inverse looping/time reset explanation of GG/Mary Sues power given form.
Ending H is also the ending where you dont start a NG+ immediately.
Mary Sue always finds a way no matter what. (Pls Toro let me suplex her in the next games)

Now like everyone else here you have to wait for Toro to finish DRH/DeadRedHood.
If the devlogs are anything to go by the gameplay will be different compared to a traditional JRPG like BlackSoul1&2.
There will also be a spinoff for the 5 Princesses in Black Souls 1 after DRH, presumably before Grimm steps foot into the Lost Empire.

Reactions: BlackElite

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
There will also be a spinoff for the 5 Princesses in Black Souls 1 after DRH, presumably before Grimm steps foot into the Lost Empire.
Who knows at this point. Its been years since Toro mentioned something regarding that. Considering the workaholic Toro is with the expanded CG count for DRH + bonus visual novel slice-of-life game with Grimm & Red.
Maybe we jump straight to BS3. But i am hyped to see what kind of different games Toro could/can create besides BlackSouls.
They arent lackingy any creativity & passion for their projects.
Considering Toro is a huge Touhou nerd maybe thats the next big project after the BlackSouls saga.

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Just like Ending D in BS1 the next games will most likely follow Ending H events. However all the other endings also happend because of the inverse looping/time reset explanation of GG/Mary Sues power given form.
Ending H is also the ending where you dont start a NG+ immediately.
Mary Sue always finds a way no matter what. (Pls Toro let me suplex her in the next games)

Now like everyone else here you have to wait for Toro to finish DRH/DeadRedHood.
If the devlogs are anything to go by the gameplay will be different compared to a traditional JRPG like BlackSoul1&2.
I guess I'll join you guys in waiting. I also just read the devlogs and the gameplay can be considered ARPG? It's real-time action where you stealthy backstab the enemies.

There's a date scene with Grimm as well, and all sex scenes are optional.
If Grimm is also there, and we are going with End H, does that mean Grimm is in weakened state and recuperating, which in turn making Red Hood join the Black Trial? But I also remember that Black Trial only operates inside the Garden, at least that's what Lindamea said after the fight in Winterbell... So DRH's setting is still in the garden? If yes, whose garden is it I wonder...

Red Hood also said that the real world is also in chaos from people turning into beast during a dialogue in Ending G... What a messy world they lived in...

orapnam69

Aug 17, 2020
If Grimm is also there, and we are going with End H, does that mean Grimm is in weakened state and recuperating, which in turn making Red Hood join the Black Trial? But I also remember that Black Trial only operates inside the Garden, at least that's what Lindamea said after the fight in Winterbell... So DRH's setting is still in the garden? If yes, whose garden is it I wonder...

Red Hood also said that the real world is also in chaos from people turning into beast during a dialogue in Ending G... What a messy world they lived in...
I'm not sure. It could be after BSII, or between BSI and BSII, since there will be a short ADV about Grimm and RH living together, but Poro is alive in DRH. Maybe DRH is between BSI and BSII since Poro is here, and the ADV is after BSII since it's said there're lots of sex scenes in it, and the RH ending in BSI mentioned that they don't really fuck? There's little information about the setting.

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
I'm not sure. It could be after BSII, or between BSI and BSII, since there will be a short ADV about Grimm and RH living together, but Poro is alive in DRH. Maybe DRH is between BSI and BSII since Poro is here, and the ADV is after BSII since it's said there're lots of sex scenes in it, and the RH ending in BSI mentioned that they don't really fuck? There's little information about the setting.
DRH is set after BS1, (remember how Lindamea is kinda mad about Red Hood after fighting him?)
although I hope we get a bonus with Grimm and Red before the END H Post Credits. Who knows? Maybe after Grimm escaped TCO the Post Credits might've been a timeskip to maybe 1 or half a year.

• Thinking Face

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
I guess I'll join you guys in waiting. I also just read the devlogs and the gameplay can be considered ARPG? It's real-time action where you stealthy backstab the enemies.

From the screenshots & what Toro said we have a lot of options.
Its up to us how we want to kill our targets. Seduce them, stealth kill them, fool them etc.

From one of the 2022 ci logs Toro mentions DRH will play before BS2 leading into it. However its unknown if anything changed between then & now.
The bonus visual novel of Grimm & Red apparently takes place in the last remaining year Red has left. Toro described it as a sort of bonus thing for those who buy the game. So if its inside the base game or a seperate game/instance idk.

As far as i understood it DRH takes place in a underground/sort of underworld city.
The Black Trial originally operates in various gardens. Beause of Mary Sue holding Baphomet & the rest of them hostage they were stuck in her fairy tale stage & had to play along. Their original purpose collecting black souls/tainted souls. Yes that means Hein in essence was a illegal soul dealer behind Baphomets back. True MVP! (I hope we see him again maybe even a easter egg in Reds game)
Red seems to be blackmailed by the Black Trial in exchange for something. As in a offer she cant turn down.
We know it was Node +Yog potentially(because of the mirror gate) who gave her the chance to enter the wonderland garden in BS2.
So whatever the matter with the Black Trial is we dont know yet.
If we go by the implications maybe its Reds ticket to return from the "afterlife" with the Black Trials help.
Thus she hunts sinners for them in order to get a new body/vessel? Which in turn explains the title specifically "Dead"part of Dead Red Hood.

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
If we put this

although I hope we get a bonus with Grimm and Red before the END H Post Credits. .
With this

The bonus visual novel of Grimm & Red apparently takes place in the last remaining year Red has left. Toro described it as a sort of bonus thing for those who buy the game. So if its inside the base game or a seperate game/instance idk.
Now it makes sense!
Looks like this is as far as we can deduct about the next game... Ahh I hope Toro will finish the game soon.

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
From the screenshots & what Toro said we have a lot of options.
Its up to us how we want to kill our targets. Seduce them, stealth kill them, fool them etc.

From one of the 2022 ci logs Toro mentions DRH will play before BS2 leading into it. However its unknown if anything changed between then & now.

As far as i understood it DRH takes place in a underground/sort of underworld city.
The Black Trial originally operates in various gardens. Beause of Mary Sue holding Baphomet & the rest of them hostage they were stuck in her fairy tale stage & had to play along. Their original purpose collecting black souls/tainted souls. Yes that means Hein in essence was a illegal soul dealer behind Baphomets back. True MVP! (I hope we see him again maybe even a easter egg in Reds game)
Red seems to be blackmailed by the Black Trial in exchange for something. As in a offer she cant turn down.
We know it was Node +Yog potentially(because of the mirror gate) who gave her the chance to enter the wonderland garden in BS2.
So whatever the matter with the Black Trial is we dont know yet.
If we go by the implications maybe its Reds ticket to return from the "afterlife" with the Black Trials help.
Thus she hunts sinners for them in order to get a new body/vessel? Which in turn explains the title specifically "Dead"part of Dead Red Hood.
I see, We definitely deserve that VN bonus because of how I wanna see Grimm with Red in her last moments.

Also curious about that guy with a skull gasmask in the screenshot, i hope he's left alive canon, because i really wanna see him in BS3

Azareal49

Jan 18, 2023
Do I have to beat the Old King and get Ending G in each and every cycle to access Wintebell or do I just need to beat him once and get Ending G to be able to access Winterbell forever?

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Do I have to beat the Old King and get Ending G in each and every cycle to access Wintebell or do I just need to beat him once and get Ending G to be able to access Winterbell forever?
I know for sure you don't have to beat the Old King, but as for the other requirements... I haven't checked

orapnam69

Aug 17, 2020
DRH is set after BS1, (remember how Lindamea is kinda mad about Red Hood after fighting him?)
although I hope we get a bonus with Grimm and Red before the END H Post Credits. Who knows? Maybe after Grimm escaped TCO the Post Credits might've been a timeskip to maybe 1 or half a year.
I forgot that part. But it being set after BSI is certain, since RH doesn't even know about Black Trials in BSI. Dunno why Baphomet is alive, but an Outer One can't be killed easily anyway.

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
I forgot that part. But it being set after BSI is certain, since RH doesn't even know about Black Trials in BSI. Dunno why Baphomet is alive, but an Outer One can't be killed easily anyway.
Now it makes me question how can Miranda be labeled as traitor... And Grimm ending up in Wonderland...

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
We dont know if Baphomet is alive. All we have is a "skull" that represents her & the description of Toro "No one but Lindamea is allowed a audience with Baphomet".
Its up in the air if the city section with the Black Trial is after BS2 as Lindamea suggested trying to rebuild the Black Trial or if its directly after BS1 with a fractured Black Trial & their remaining members.

If its after BS2 than the biggest plot point could be that Red gets a new body.
If its after BS1 then maybe something happens during the game where every remaining member besides Lindamea gets killed.

Its also unclear if Hein in BS2 is just stranded in wonderland after escapeing elysium destruction & then gets to play the train conductor. Or is still alligned with the Black Trial. Hein is still selling blacks souls so it could be either.

Miranda seemingly straight up "walked" all the way towards wonderland so she probably left the Black Trial right after BS1 & never reunited with them.

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
It is said that the Baphomet in BS1 was fake, Leaf's set up.

We dont know if Baphomet is alive. All we have is a "skull" that represents her & the description of Toro "No one but Lindamea is allowed a audience with Baphomet".
Its up in the air if the city section with the Black Trial is after BS2 as Lindamea suggested trying to rebuild the Black Trial or if its directly after BS1 with a fractured Black Trial & their remaining members.

If its after BS2 than the biggest plot point could be that Red gets a new body.
If its after BS1 then maybe something happens during the game where every remaining member besides Lindamea gets killed.

Its also unclear if Hein in BS2 is just stranded in wonderland after escapeing elysium destruction & then gets to play the train conductor. Or is still alligned with the Black Trial. Hein is still selling blacks souls so it could be either.

Miranda seemingly straight up "walked" all the way towards wonderland so she probably left the Black Trial right after BS1 & never reunited with them.
Miranda dies, then someone ate her. the one who ate her couldn't resist Miranda's personality and Miranda took over that body, I have a theory that the one who ate Miranda in the beach was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
they look very similar.

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
Now it makes me question how can Miranda be labeled as traitor... And Grimm ending up in Wonderland...
BS1 END D is the transition to BS2, and after END D you can talk to Jabberwock in BS1 Wonderland where the rabbits live.

There is a comment on Evil Archive's video: that after Jabber's dialogue, Alice looks at us.

He didn't show in the video, it might be just something he said, or Evil didn't know about it. I would want to see it for myself but I'm too early in BS1

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
It is said that the Baphomet in BS1 was fake, Leaf's set up.

Miranda dies, then someone ate her. the one who ate her couldn't resist Miranda's personality and Miranda took over that body, I have a theory that the one who ate Miranda in the beach was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
they look very similar.
Baphomet in bs1 is the real deal. She is Leaf(Mary Sue)'s mom that was lured into lost empire because Mary Sue wanted to show her mom her creation.
Miranda was eaten by a ghoul. There's a whole side story around it in game. TL;DR is ghouls absorb the memories of the person they eat and transform into and start believing they are that person. You can even confront Miranda about it.
Probably because Miranda abandons the cause of Black Trial after she gets defeated by Grimm. In C end of BS 1 she even has a showdown with Lindamea (or not if you did D end beforehand).
Did you get D end in bs 1? It's kind of important.

Reactions: dd777

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
Baphomet in bs1 is the real deal. She is Leaf(Mary Sue)'s mom that was lured into lost empire because Mary Sue wanted to show her mom her creation.
Miranda was eaten by a ghoul. There's a whole side story around it in game. TL;DR is ghouls absorb the memories of the person they eat and transform into and start believing they are that person. You can even confront Miranda about it.

Probably because Miranda abandons the cause of Black Trial after she gets defeated by Grimm. In C end of BS 1 she even has a showdown with Lindamea (or not if you did D end beforehand).
Did you get D end in bs 1? It's kind of important.

hm? yea but miranda took control, and she refuses the name meryphilia

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
hm? yea but miranda took control, and she refuses the name meryphilia
This is the coin toss problem.
Which side are you on & does the outcome matter to you if only one side of you continues to exist.
Just like in Soma for example: If you transfer all of your memories inside a artifical/new body is that still you?
Because A; Your old flesh and blood still exists B;The new body has all your memories of the original one
Its not a 1to1 transfer after all. The ghoul eating Mirandas brain thus gaining her memory.

Ofc Black Souls has the "soul" part going as a active lore element. But its also not the first instance of replica/clones walking around.
Which is the main thought problem.
Does BS2 Miranda count as the same person as old Miranda?
To Miranda it doesnt make a difference because her feelings are the "same".
But it also doesnt change the outcome of her old/original flesh and blood dying on the shores of wonderland.
After all the question is it really a smooth 1to1 memory transfer or just a copy and paste.
Are you solely the sum of your experiences?
If so.....does it make a difference to you if a copy of that sum in a new body moves around? While the old body with all of their sum died besides you?
Think about it.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk. :LUL:

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes