4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

orapnam69

Aug 17, 2020
Now it makes me question how can Miranda be labeled as traitor... And Grimm ending up in Wonderland...
I mean, for Miranda to join Grimm, he'd need to have 5+ sins for her to chase after him to begin with. So Miranda followed a sinner and quit Black Trial, she's pretty much a traitor to a fanatic like Lindamea.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BlackElite

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Wait, looks like I'm in a bit of memory loss here. I think I'm going back to BS1 to juggle some memories while waiting for the RDH. I feel like missing a patch of information in my head. Be right back, but not so soon...

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
I mean, for Miranda to join Grimm, he'd need to have 5+ sins for her to chase after him to begin with. So Miranda followed a sinner and quit Black Trial, she's pretty much a traitor to a fanatic like Lindamea.
Miranda said she only follows the strong so I wonder who she fought in the black order (I think I know this already but just forgot, happens to me which sucks)

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
Miranda was raised by Baphomet iirc, that's probably why she's with the black trial rather than having fought someone

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
hm? yea but miranda took control, and she refuses the name meryphilia
The point is she is a ghoul pretending to be Miranda due to the ghoul's abilities, not Miranda's. If anything else had eaten her corpse, it wouldn't be like Miranda could take over that body. Even the game doesn't acknowledge that she is Miranda. She has the name Meryphilia when fighting the 3 nightmares.
Miranda said she only follows the strong so I wonder who she fought in the black order (I think I know this already but just forgot, happens to me which sucks)
Miranda was raised by Baphomet iirc, that's probably why she's with the black trial rather than having fought someone
It's both. Baphomet raised her but she stayed in the black trial because Baphomet (and others like Lindamea probably) is strong. You can get information on the formor if you summon Miranda to fight Baphomet at the black trial base and information on the latter if you summon her to fight Lindamea.

gretcyborg

Feb 15, 2020
Ok. so i finally reached DLC 3, and to say that it's kicking my ass is an understatment. Any tips for the fights? I see people doing multiple actions a turn with weapon swap, could anyone explain how that works?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Ok. so i finally reached DLC 3, and to say that it's kicking my ass is an understatment. Any tips for the fights? I see people doing multiple actions a turn with weapon swap, could anyone explain how that works?
Multiple actions come from things like black rabbit ring (best and you can equip multiple), mystery of the night, two face shield, or duchess covenant. You cannot take back actions (not without a bug anyway and I'm not 100% on how it works).
Weapon swap is just choosing the equip option in battle, below run. You can swap whenever you want but the weapon you are wielding when you choose your last action for that turn is the one that will be used for your actions, so for example if you had butcher's axe equipped, then all your attacks would have double damage against bleeding enemies. Or if you were using black goat's ring (so you have 0 mp), equipped wand of creation to cast a spell then swapped to something else, when you try to cast that spell, you won't be able to because now it costs mp since you swapped away from wand of creation. You can use a weapon's skill and swap to another weapon and the skill will still work. If you choose attack while wielding hans, but switch to another weapon you will not get the +11 extra hits though since the 11 hits is a stat on hans and not a modified attack like say god's angels, mary's wand, or miranda's axe. Weapon swapping is a free action, just like using a healing item.
install the rpgmakervxace rtp.

Reactions: gretcyborg

orapnam69

Aug 17, 2020
Ok. so i finally reached DLC 3, and to say that it's kicking my ass is an understatment. Any tips for the fights?
Take it from me, a musclehead moron, it's all about trial and error. The game taught tips to fight the next boss using the mobs first, but It can't convey everything for you, so you gotta try different strategies until it works. If it doesn't work, go farm at the chaos dungeon. You either get enough stats for your old strategies to work or get new items to try on new strategies, as no strategy works on every enemy anyway. Requiem does wonder in most cases, but not when the enemy can dispel it. Dispel is essential to get through many enemies, but if they can reflect it and it dispels your Requiem, you're fucked. Sometimes Gun Break works wonders, sometimes it doesn't, stuff like that.
Gotta try new things.

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
As others have guided me before, DLC 3 is riddled with percentage damage, because of that, overpowering enemies with stat is not a good idea. Overreliance on one equipment and item can also be a problem, since there are battle conditions for the bosses. The best bet is to do trial and error, and you can also read previous comments too for some of the bosses.
One thing that I learnt from DLC 3 is the importance of debuffing enemies, either with stat downs, mana drain, dispel, status ailments, etc.

Brute forcing is quite difficult, talking from experience.

Gently Weeps

Jun 25, 2021
Don't bother fighting the regular enemies, they're worse to fight than the bosses.

Meneey1

Mar 26, 2024
Anyone else run into the corrupted file issue? Any idea how to fix it? Tried reinstalling from different sources, running antivirus but nothing worked so far

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Anyone else run into the corrupted file issue? Any idea how to fix it? Tried reinstalling from different sources, running antivirus but nothing worked so far
What kind of corrupt files? I only experienced error once during an ending sequence, what kind of error you have?

gretcyborg

Feb 15, 2020
Multiple actions come from things like black rabbit ring (best and you can equip multiple), mystery of the night, two face shield, or duchess covenant. You cannot take back actions (not without a bug anyway and I'm not 100% on how it works).
Weapon swap is just choosing the equip option in battle, below run. You can swap whenever you want but the weapon you are wielding when you choose your last action for that turn is the one that will be used for your actions, so for example if you had butcher's axe equipped, then all your attacks would have double damage against bleeding enemies. Or if you were using black goat's ring (so you have 0 mp), equipped wand of creation to cast a spell then swapped to something else, when you try to cast that spell, you won't be able to because now it costs mp since you swapped away from wand of creation. You can use a weapon's skill and swap to another weapon and the skill will still work. If you choose attack while wielding hans, but switch to another weapon you will not get the +11 extra hits though since the 11 hits is a stat on hans and not a modified attack like say god's angels, mary's wand, or miranda's axe. Weapon swapping is a free action, just like using a healing item.

install the rpgmakervxace rtp.
Could you tell me how to obtain such items? Those would help me greatly.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Could you tell me how to obtain such items? Those would help me greatly.
Black rabbit ring is from the giant house's soul, who is found in the mushroom village. You can also find more in the chaos dungeon. Mystery of the night sky is from the chaos dungeon boss rush. Two face shield is from Dr Jekyll in the hospital. Additionally, there is the andor sword which is found somewhere near the under sea bonfire. Also, the indignation buff from deep sea anchor gives +1 action.

gretcyborg

Feb 15, 2020
Black rabbit ring is from the giant house's soul, who is found in the mushroom village. You can also find more in the chaos dungeon. Mystery of the night sky is from the chaos dungeon boss rush. Two face shield is from Dr Jekyll in the hospital. Additionally, there is the andor sword which is found somewhere near the under sea bonfire. Also, the indignation buff from deep sea anchor gives +1 action.
Thanks a lot.

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes