4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
It's possible to get white rabbit rings in chaos dungeon but black rabbit rings are better. Lack the bonus stats but you will always get the extra action, vs maybe sometimes getting an action but you won't know if you got them until you finish your turn.
Reaching the end of the boss rush is worth around 1k-1.5k stats considering souls and the final reward, with major roadblocks being helkaiser and onimusha.
For princess of thorns specifically, aoe is the name of the game. The wheels become stunned if they reach 1% hp and the princess herself can't attack, all she does is buffs. If you have mary's wand you can use that to mass dispel the buffs, or alternatively use precision to make your dispel unavoidable however one of the buffs she can give is magic reflect so eventually you'd be unable to dispel with dispel leaving only mary's wand as an option. If you don't get the wheels to 1% hp reliably then use dodge. In that case though you also need to watch out for her giving precision to the wheels.
You'll probably also have trouble with onimusha who is in the same group. I'm certain I have posted about how to defeat her before so you can dig up tips with search.
BTW, princess of thorns' group is the last group before the final boss of the boss rush.

Aug 20, 2021
It's possible to get white rabbit rings in chaos dungeon but black rabbit rings are better. Lack the bonus stats but you will always get the extra action, vs maybe sometimes getting an action but you won't know if you got them until you finish your turn.
Reaching the end of the boss rush is worth around 1k-1.5k stats considering souls and the final reward, with major roadblocks being helkaiser and onimusha.
For princess of thorns specifically, aoe is the name of the game. The wheels become stunned if they reach 1% hp and the princess herself can't attack, all she does is buffs. If you have mary's wand you can use that to mass dispel the buffs, or alternatively use precision to make your dispel unavoidable however one of the buffs she can give is magic reflect so eventually you'd be unable to dispel with dispel leaving only mary's wand as an option. If you don't get the wheels to 1% hp reliably then use dodge. In that case though you also need to watch out for her giving precision to the wheels.
You'll probably also have trouble with onimusha who is in the same group. I'm certain I have posted about how to defeat her before so you can dig up tips with search.
BTW, princess of thorns' group is the last group before the final boss of the boss rush.
funny enough helkaiser isn't that hard for me to beat and I can reliably kill him with only one use of his super attack

mary's wand? how do I get that?

haven't reach onimusha yet looking at the attack list on the wiki... fuck me he is using kishingatana isn't he.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
funny enough helkaiser isn't that hard for me to beat and I can reliably kill him with only one use of his super attack

mary's wand? how do I get that?

haven't reach onimusha yet looking at the attack list on the wiki... fuck me he is using kishingatana isn't he.
Mary's wand is a rare weapon in deep chaos dungeon and consdering your post below:
um.. so, I made it to a boss called the old king anything I should worry about?
you haven't gotten that deep yet.
For Old king, dodge. Absolutely make sure you dodge his first attack. In fact if you want to make sure you don't fuck up, just dodge every turn. One of his attacks applies an effect that will instantly kill you after a few turns but dodge makes you immune to that effect. You cannot otherwise resist it, not even with instant death resistance. Seeing your previous stats, you shouldn't have any trouble with the fight overall though. You might want to switch to a shield though just in case, for 0 cooldown break skill.

Aug 20, 2021
Mary's wand is a rare weapon in deep chaos dungeon and consdering your post below:

you haven't gotten that deep yet.
For Old king, dodge. Absolutely make sure you dodge his first attack. In fact if you want to make sure you don't fuck up, just dodge every turn. One of his attacks applies an effect that will instantly kill you after a few turns but dodge makes you immune to that effect. You cannot otherwise resist it, not even with instant death resistance. Seeing your previous stats, you shouldn't have any trouble with the fight overall though. You might want to switch to a shield though just in case, for 0 cooldown break skill.
so.. mindslayer shotgun or somerhing else?

Aug 20, 2021
A shotgun is not a shield, correct. Also, it's manslayer's
it is a shield that allows you to do a gun break at the cost of not increasing your defense what's more is that it doesn't take a turn to use meaning you can gun break and attack (albeit only two attacks) on the same turn without the black rabbit rings.
also, from my attempts with the old king I learned that.
1. he's not immune to poison or deadly poison mean constant damage 20k damage every turn

2. he's not stun resisted if your luck high you can stunlock him (that how I was able to get to his 2nd phase)

3. it is possible to survive the few turn insta kill move you mention (I believe it call deathseed or something) by using requiem or star fluid as they make you immortal for a time it the super move that he uses (the one you can gunbreak to stun him) that bypasses the immortality (learnt that the hard way)

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
it is a shield that allows you to do a gun break at the cost of not increasing your defense what's more is that it doesn't take a turn to use meaning you can gun break and attack (albeit only two attacks) on the same turn without the black rabbit rings.
It's not a shield. Offhand (shield) slot is split into two categories. Shields and guns. Shields (usually) give you defensive effects like improved guard and resists, and the break skill becomes no damage 0 cooldown (so it can be used multiple times in one turn if you wanted). Guns give offensive ability and their break skill doesn't cost an action and does damage but it has 1 turn cooldown, unless it's the cannon whose break does cost an action and has 3 turn cooldown but is aoe and does hard break.
3. it is possible to survive the few turn insta kill move you mention (I believe it call deathseed or something) by using requiem or star fluid as they make you immortal for a time it the super move that he uses (the one you can gunbreak to stun him) that bypasses the immortality (learnt that the hard way)
Ah yes, requiem. The cheese skill. One of only two skills that a handful of bosses have specific ai for.
I didn't mention his charge attack because I figured you'd know to break it so you wouldn't ever see it.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021
It's not a shield. Offhand (shield) slot is split into two categories. Shields and guns. Shields (usually) give you defensive effects like improved guard and resists, and the break skill becomes no damage 0 cooldown (so it can be used multiple times in one turn if you wanted). Guns give offensive ability and their break skill doesn't cost an action and does damage but it has 1 turn cooldown, unless it's the cannon whose break does cost an action and has 3 turn cooldown but is aoe and does hard break.

Ah yes, requiem. The cheese skill. One of only two skills that a handful of bosses have specific ai for.
I didn't mention his charge attack because I figured you'd know to break it so you wouldn't ever see it.
the only reason I call it a shield is because I didn't know there was a category for off hands and only call them shields due to them taking the shield slot. btw it does do damage since I used gun break on jack to do some free damage, I mean it's a shotgun why wouldn't it do damage.

I haven't use requiem at all until the chaos dungeon as most of the time I'm getting one to two shots by both bosses and enemies.

his charge attack is usually accompanied by an attack call gravity something (mind you at the time I thought that all of his attack where undodgeable) if it hit your basically perma-stuned and he always follows up on it with his charged (which pierces through requiem).

question how much souls of the outer god gives in terms to stats?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
the only reason I call it a shield is because I didn't know there was a category for off hands and only call them shields due to them taking the shield slot. btw it does do damage since I used gun break on jack to do some free damage, I mean it's a shotgun why wouldn't it do damage.
I didn't say it didn't do damage

his charge attack is usually accompanied by an attack call gravity something (mind you at the time I thought that all of his attack where undodgeable) if it hit your basically perma-stuned and he always follows up on it with his charged (which pierces through requiem).
For Old king, dodge. Absolutely make sure you dodge his first attack. In fact if you want to make sure you don't fuck up, just dodge every turn.
question how much souls of the outer god gives in terms to stats?
300 hp, 150 mp, 30 stat. Basically like using 10 black souls except you gain sen instead of lose it.

Aug 20, 2021
so I decided to go through a bit of dlc 3 to get the god hand weapon.
got it.
max it out and now I see why you recommend bonus action now holy hell the damage output is insane (funny given where you get it).

also is there a guide on dlc 3 yet or am I going to have to blindly figure things out?

Aug 20, 2021
any idea how to beat onimusha i am able to get him to his last live and lower his health down to a point that it won't go down anymore and yet he still does his super I dodge it with a requiem for any un dodgeable and somehow both my dodge and requiem disappear is there something I'm missing or am I just that unlucky.

PS I looked and I'm unable to find that guide you mention.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes