4.80 star(s) 69 Votes

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
holy fuck the old king is absolutely insane
I thought i grinded too much yet this shit still isnt enough
I read the strategy but shit just doesnt work
I can'tkill the shadows because they also reflect fucking magic, and only unavoidable attacks like omniblow only hit, but the scale of damage just isnt enough
I one shot them if i break the next turn, but then it's too late, how tf am i supposed to beat this?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
holy fuck the old king is absolutely insane
I thought i grinded too much yet this shit still isnt enough
I read the strategy but shit just doesnt work
I can'tkill the shadows because they also reflect fucking magic, and only unavoidable attacks like omniblow only hit, but the scale of damage just isnt enough
I one shot them if i break the next turn, but then it's too late, how tf am i supposed to beat this?
You don't need to attack the shadows at all, you just need to use break on them while they are charging and they auto die.

feelmyraf

Apr 10, 2020
Then it's too late and he does the one shot move
or you can also try stunlocking the whole boss fight. not sure what the luck threshold is needed ( think its 5-6k which can be easily achieved with 4 goat rings and blue bird feather buffs).

use a multi-hitting weapon like jubjub bow for more hits and then for your last action switch to a high stun rate weapon like anchor. the old king should not be able to touch you at all this way

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Then it's too late and he does the one shot move
I suspect you don't have enough luck to actually land the break status, which is basically stun + they take more damage. If you were actually successful, it would cancel their one shot move and they would die at the beginning of their next turn and old king can't attack during shadow phase. Just using break is not enough. You need at least 3k luck to inflict break status in this fight.
This is a pretty common trip up since old king is fought at such a high difficulty level, it has enough luck to nullify status effects. You are essentially fighting at diff 9 which multiplies enemy stats by 7 except luck which is multiplied by 4. Status effects can't be applied if you have over 1k less luck than the target and old king has 3996 luck after difficulty mod. Luckily break has 1000x application chance of break status so even if you have 999 less luck, you can land it 100% of the time assuming it's effective *cough*unis*cough*
Also, old king IS significantly harder than the boss of G end lmao.

Last edited:

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
try using a shield break instead of a gun break as those don't have a cd
Wasn't using it in the first place
or you can also try stunlocking the whole boss fight. not sure what the luck threshold is needed ( think its 5-6k which can be easily achieved with 4 goat rings and blue bird feather buffs).

use a multi-hitting weapon like jubjub bow for more hits and then for your last action switch to a high stun rate weapon like anchor. the old king should not be able to touch you at all this way
1713278445812.png
Pretty sure i have enough
I plan on trying out using absolute precisicion and the power sword since it's the only multi hit attack that's single target i can use
and i'll maybe try your suggestion

I suspect you don't have enough luck to actually land the break status, which is basically stun + they take more damage. If you were actually successful, it would cancel their one shot move and they would die at the beginning of their next turn and old king can't attack during shadow phase. Just using break is not enough. You need at least 3k luck to inflict break status in this fight.
This is a pretty common trip up since old king is fought at such a high difficulty level, it has enough luck to nullify status effects. You are essentially fighting at diff 9 which multiplies enemy stats by 7 except luck which is multiplied by 4. Status effects can't be applied if you have over 1k less luck than the target and old king has 3996 luck after difficulty mod. Luckily break has 1000x application chance of break status so even if you have 999 less luck, you can land it 100% of the time assuming it's effective *cough*unis*cough*
Also, old king IS significantly harder than the boss of G end lmao.
i mean if 20k isnt enough then ill grind a little more, when i try to break on the first turn the sshadows are summoned i just get 'no effect'

I'll prob update tomorrow since im super burnt out from the game, i spent the entire evening yesterday trying to beat both the old king and the boss rush thing, which i also failed at, so im taking a small break that hopefully doesnt end up being a 6 month one like i did the last time playing the game

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
i mean if 20k isnt enough then ill grind a little more, when i try to break on the first turn the sshadows are summoned i just get 'no effect'
20k is way more than enough. Are you targeting the shadows or the boss? Also, while you can break them without them charging, they have massive break resistance (99%, which is actually 1% less than 99.9% of other enemies) unless they are charging.
Here, I made a video of the boss fight with some breaks during charging and some without.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
20k is way more than enough. Are you targeting the shadows or the boss? Also, while you can break them without them charging, they have massive break resistance (99%, which is actually 1% less than 99.9% of other enemies) unless they are charging.
Here, I made a video of the boss fight with some breaks during charging and some without.
The amount of actions :ROFLMAO:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I'm geared as fuck boi I actually don't know what I am wearing, I just picked a random save file and ran to the old king and fought it.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
Im having trouble uploading a video of my own but what i've noticed is that AFTER the first turn where he summons the shadows, for your video only one of them gets the status effect, for me it's both
I break one of them, but im still fucked since i didint break both
How much fucking speed do i need??

Oh shit not only that
For me he summons 2 shadows on the first turn
So i am fucking SLOW

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You're way past the speed cap lol. Do you not have any gear for extra actions? Black rabbit ring (you can get one easily at mushroom village), andor sword, anchor (indignation), or duchess covenant. Alternatively, kikokushushu (kishingatana) or mow down (great sword) or some other aoe attack that inherits weapon element while wearing club/log but that requires at least 2 actions.

Last edited:

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
You're way past the speed cap lol. Do you not have any gear for extra actions? Black rabbit ring (you can get one easily at mushroom village), andor sword, anchor (indignation), or duchess covenant.
Have none those, where in the mushroom village is the ring?

Edit nvm i found it
didint fucking know the hidden path needed 0 san

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Have none those, where in the mushroom village is the ring?
The big house at the back disappears at 0 sen. Fight the boss back there and transmute its soul for black rabbit ring. Anchor is from deep sea knight soul.

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
FUCKING FINALLY
it seems that obtaining the ring made it so my initiative took priority, stopping him from summoning 2 shadows and acting twice

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I assume you are going to NG+ soon to get the requirements for g end, you should keep your sen at 0 most of the time to see everything it changes and of course so you don't miss the requirements in the first place.

Reactions: longchauhoa

Ogrexin

Nov 25, 2020
I assume you are going to NG+ soon to get the requirements for g end, you should keep your sen at 0 most of the time to see everything it changes and of course so you don't miss the requirements in the first place.
gonna go G after B and e, e's easy but B i'll probably fuck something up and leave someone dead so it might require a try or 2

Apr 14, 2024
Where do I find Church rifle? I thought I had every equipment in the game until I found a screenshot of someone using it. It's similar to Silver pistol/Manslayer shotgun, turning break into gun break.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
At the cathedral, go all the way left from the bonfire along the high ground and fall down near the entrance to the crypt.

4.80 star(s) 69 Votes