Shades

Jul 20, 2017
So, the gate to the milk farm is closed with the goblin standing there. I have to parkour in and out to talk to Luxia about the pirate ship. (though I noticed the gates had been closed for a while) Anyone else have this issue? Also, has there been any use for the hunter's bow?

dante101

Apr 5, 2021
What performance issues are you having? If you have low fps you can try running the game in directx11 mode. Right click on the .exe and create a shortcut, right click on the shortcut > properties add in the target field at the end a space followed by "-dx11" without quotes, hit apply and start the game with the shortcut.
it does not work....when i launch the game it says that its not compatible with dx11 mode

Pa3uk

Jul 22, 2017
UE4 is a very bad engine, it has poor optimization regardless of your hardware (it always lacks resources), but I came across one "nuance" that can PARTIALLY help ... the fact is that performance drops by almost 40% ( and not from SHADOWS, which I think of in the first place), but from the DISTANCE of drawing and the quality of VEGETATION. The fact is that in most XXX games these items are not always needed...
In short, how can I fix this (works in almost all games with UE4)=WIN+R %LOCALAPPDATA%\ , here we have to find the folder with the game, I don't remember what it's called (let's say=OST_Game , there is no INI file, you must create it, but in 99% of cases it should appear), \Saved\Config\Windows=GameUserSettings.ini
and we are interested in the columns indicated by me, they cannot be turned off to 0, but you can set the MINIMUM value, the last 3 remove the soap effect.

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=1
sg.FoliageQuality=1
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

After that, you need to save and in the FILE SETTINGS ini check the value = READ ONLY, after which any changes in the settings in the game will become unavailable (you must first make the settings in the game, and then edit the INI file).
It sounds complicated, but it's actually very simple.
There are still changes for Engine.ini , but these are extreme measures, but if you have a computer (garbage) then nothing will help you -_-...
At least an HD monitor (about 2K or 4K resolution is out of the question) + 1050TI + 12GB, in order to play at MEDIUM-HIGH settings ...

Engine.Ini
"you need to add these lines to the end."
P.s. r.Streaming.PoolSize=1024= 4G , 2048=6GB, 3072=8GB Vram
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0 - UNLIMITE =setting such a value is DANGEROUS, but if you are confident in your PC, then the value is ZERO, it will "untie hands" (if I may say so)

After Paths=////////////

[SystemSettings]
r.DynamicRes.OperationMode=1
r.DynamicRes.MinScreenPercentage=80
r.DynamicRes.MaxScreenPercentage=110
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=1024

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2.0

If nothing is clear, (perhaps) I will record a video instruction. -_-

Last edited:
Reactions: Varisha

TheOneFapMan

Mar 26, 2019
So, the gate to the milk farm is closed with the goblin standing there. I have to parkour in and out to talk to Luxia about the pirate ship. (though I noticed the gates had been closed for a while) Anyone else have this issue? Also, has there been any use for the hunter's bow?
It closes during the bunny hunt but never opens back up for some of us, myself included. Let's just be happy there happen to be a work around getting in and out

frank495

Aug 28, 2017
I'm just constantly getting this error
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've updated everything tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it's only with this series of games that it occurs on.

Sepoficus

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2023
No doubt here, this one is a must have. The atmsphere and exploration make for a most satisfying experience.

CereBros

Oct 2, 2021
UE4 is a very bad engine, it has poor optimization regardless of your hardware (it always lacks resources), but I came across one "nuance" that can PARTIALLY help ... the fact is that performance drops by almost 40% ( and not from SHADOWS, which I think of in the first place), but from the DISTANCE of drawing and the quality of VEGETATION. The fact is that in most XXX games these items are not always needed...
In short, how can I fix this (works in almost all games with UE4)=WIN+R %LOCALAPPDATA%\ , here we have to find the folder with the game, I don't remember what it's called (let's say=OST_Game , there is no INI file, you must create it, but in 99% of cases it should appear), \Saved\Config\Windows=GameUserSettings.ini
and we are interested in the columns indicated by me, they cannot be turned off to 0, but you can set the MINIMUM value, the last 3 remove the soap effect.

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=1
sg.FoliageQuality=1
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

After that, you need to save and in the FILE SETTINGS ini check the value = READ ONLY, after which any changes in the settings in the game will become unavailable (you must first make the settings in the game, and then edit the INI file).
It sounds complicated, but it's actually very simple.
There are still changes for Engine.ini , but these are extreme measures, but if you have a computer (garbage) then nothing will help you -_-...
At least an HD monitor (about 2K or 4K resolution is out of the question) + 1050TI + 12GB, in order to play at MEDIUM-HIGH settings ...

Engine.Ini
"you need to add these lines to the end."
P.s. r.Streaming.PoolSize=1024= 4G , 2048=6GB, 3072=8GB Vram
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0 - UNLIMITE =setting such a value is DANGEROUS, but if you are confident in your PC, then the value is ZERO, it will "untie hands" (if I may say so)

After Paths=////////////

[SystemSettings]
r.DynamicRes.OperationMode=1
r.DynamicRes.MinScreenPercentage=80
r.DynamicRes.MaxScreenPercentage=110
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=1024

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2.0

If nothing is clear, (perhaps) I will record a video instruction. -_-
Hey, interesting idea. As you say almost all games, do you mean even like Scarlet Nexus or Tales of Arise please ?

3.00 star(s) 24 Votes