CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I know its not that long since you released, but do you have any info on when we can expect an update or how often you think you might be releasing new content going forward?
Currently working on two things:
0.2F which is the past release with all the bugs fixed -- eta for Substar release is June 30
0.3A which is the next release which includes Gap Year, College and Act I of the actual game alongside much of the backlog art assets for the doll - eta for Substar release is July 15

worldknower

Jun 11, 2018
Currently working on two things:
0.2F which is the past release with all the bugs fixed -- eta for Substar release is June 30
0.3A which is the next release which includes Gap Year, College and Act I of the actual game alongside much of the backlog art assets for the doll - eta for Substar release is July 15
Thanks for quick response. Looking forward to seeing what you deliver.

Reactions: CassieBare

mrventa

Dec 19, 2022
If the "public" version is behind a paywall, even if it's just $1, it can't be considered truly public. Speaking for myself, I don't think it's worth spending money on a concept or character creation alone. I can't determine if your story is good, and I don't know if the stats will have relevance in the story or if they will be subject to change. Even if you plan to implement branching, it could make the game significantly more challenging. That's why crushstation scrap the creation part of the female agent. I strongly believe that you should make the latest version available behind a paywall for a few weeks or months exclusively to your Patreon supporters but you should focus in have a public version that can be consider at least a demo(story and how the elements interact In the gameplay). I apologize for the harshness, but putting a public version behind a paywall seems a bit unfair for a game that doesn't offer anything, not even a single story.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
If the "public" version is behind a paywall, even if it's just $1, it can't be considered truly public. Speaking for myself, I don't think it's worth spending money on a concept or character creation alone. I can't determine if your story is good, and I don't know if the stats will have relevance in the story or if they will be subject to change. Even if you plan to implement branching, it could make the game significantly more challenging. That's why crushstation scrap the creation part of the female agent. I strongly believe that you should make the latest version available behind a paywall for a few weeks or months exclusively to your Patreon supporters but you should focus in have a public version that can be consider at least a demo(story and how the elements interact In the gameplay). I apologize for the harshness, but putting a public version behind a paywall seems a bit unfair for a game that doesn't offer anything, not even a single story.
What is here is certainly a demo.

What is here is free.

Public is certainly a misnomer, but no need to get cranky over it.

I (alongside the rest of the team) have put in hundreds of hours of what is in 0.2F and moving towards 0.3A, so let me apologize if I'm not feeling overly beneficent with only 50 or so subscribers.

At this point, you can pay $1 and see what 0.2F is, or you can wait until someone pirates it and posts it here. Or, you can wait until I have deemed that those that have subscribed have had their due of 'early access' and post it here myself.

In the meantime, I appreciate your interest in the game and hope you enjoy it as it continues in development.

mrventa

Dec 19, 2022
I apologize if you feel attacked or offended. I wrote the message to express my opinion and provide feedback to help make your game more successful. I took the time to write these messages because I genuinely enjoy this type of game and have supported similar projects in the past, such as Inner Empire, Female Agent, and Our Red String.

My point was that during the early stages of development for games like yours, donors are often more concerned about helping creators secure funding to bring the project to fruition. Currently, your game isn't at a stage where it can be sold or even considered an alpha version. Therefore, my recommendation is to release more content in order to attract more donors to your project.

In my opinion, having a well-designed character creation feature alone may not be enough to convince people to donate. However, ultimately, it is your game and your decisions. Once again, I apologize if anything I said was incorrect or offensive. I won't further comment as I don't want to engage in a discussion.

The concept of your game seems very promising, and if you can successfully execute it, it has the potential to be an excellent game. I wish you the best of luck with your project.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I apologize if you feel attacked or offended. I wrote the message to express my opinion and provide feedback to help make your game more successful. I took the time to write these messages because I genuinely enjoy this type of game and have supported similar projects in the past, such as Inner Empire, Female Agent, and Our Red String.

My point was that during the early stages of development for games like yours, donors are often more concerned about helping creators secure funding to bring the project to fruition. Currently, your game isn't at a stage where it can be sold or even considered an alpha version. Therefore, my recommendation is to release more content in order to attract more donors to your project.

In my opinion, having a well-designed character creation feature alone may not be enough to convince people to donate. However, ultimately, it is your game and your decisions. Once again, I apologize if anything I said was incorrect or offensive. I won't further comment as I don't want to engage in a discussion.

The concept of your game seems very promising, and if you can successfully execute it, it has the potential to be an excellent game. I wish you the best of luck with your project.
No, I sincerely appreciated the undercurrent of the message, which is why my response was measured =)

There will be more forthcoming, don't you worry. But! The reason for my reticence is that while we're working away on 0.3A, I'm seeing only an influx of $1 subs, despite the massive amount of content in 0.2.

I'll likely have to up the 'final release' paywall if the subscriber behavior continues in this manner. Had a great start and a well-balanced subscriber base for the 'demo' (what's here on F95), and then been rather disappointed. We'll see.

All I can say is we're still cracking and I'm a generous soul -- but not willing to give away my team's hard work easily.

I'm glad you like the game so far (we do too!) and I'm really grateful for the positivity. It's what's keeping us going.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
No, I sincerely appreciated the undercurrent of the message, which is why my response was measured =)

There will be more forthcoming, don't you worry. But! The reason for my reticence is that while we're working away on 0.3A, I'm seeing only an influx of $1 subs, despite the massive amount of content in 0.2.

I'll likely have to up the 'final release' paywall if the subscriber behavior continues in this manner. Had a great start and a well-balanced subscriber base for the 'demo' (what's here on F95), and then been rather disappointed. We'll see.

All I can say is we're still cracking and I'm a generous soul -- but not willing to give away my team's hard work easily.

I'm glad you like the game so far (we do too!) and I'm really grateful for the positivity. It's what's keeping us going.
I'd love to support it if SS didn't keep failing my subscription for some reason.

Reactions: CassieBare

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Well. I guess that's an interesting point.

Let me throw up a poll.

For those who would support, but currently don't.

The reason is:
:unsure: - waiting on future versions to see if it's worth it
:cry: - no money
:sneaky: - don't support on SS, but would on Patreon

(React to this post with one of the above )

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017

Let me throw up a poll.

The reason is:

Personally, I was going to subscribe to $5 tier, but then, at the checkout, SubscribeStar introduced me to a wonderful thing called "The Trust Period". I'm not sure if this is something for people subscribing for the first time or not, but limiting access to only the last 3 posts from the creator for a period of 45 days is a bit... too much. For $1 it's not a big deal, but with higher tiers it's just not worth it. It might be a good thing for creators, but it's terrible for consumers when they only get access to a small percentage of what they paid for. So, at least until "The Trust Period" is over, I'll stick to $1 tier.

That said, I've really enjoyed both 0.1 and 0.2 versions of your game. It reminds of the lifepath from Female Agent, which was one of my favorite parts of that game. There are plenty of different paths to follow and ways to customize your PC looks and personality. It was fun restarting the game over and over and trying different options. Wish more games had a lifepath system like that. Hell, I'd play a game that's nothing else but a one giant lifepath. :D

I also have a few questions, if you don't mind answering.

1. Are you planning to add more content to the existing paths/vignettes? Especially the gang and model routes? (Yep, I'm biased towards these two.)

2. I've read that university and gap year will have their own content. Will the same apply to the drop out path, or is that just a skip to the later parts of the story?

3. I'm curious about the way the pre-prom night sex scenes were presented. Almost all of them were described very vaguely and limited to 1–3 sentences. Any reason for that? I thought that maybe it's because MC is supposed to be a minor at that point in the story (even though the game never mentions her age at any point, I think), but then you have scenes like gang initiation or some of the party scenes that are pretty clear about what MC's actions.

In any case, thanks for making this awesome game. Looking forward to the next update. (y)

greenballoon

Dec 6, 2022
Personally, I was going to subscribe to $5 tier, but then, at the checkout, SubscribeStar introduced me to a wonderful thing called "The Trust Period". I'm not sure if this is something for people subscribing for the first time or not, but limiting access to only the last 3 posts from the creator for a period of 45 days is a bit... too much. For $1 it's not a big deal, but with higher tiers it's just not worth it. It might be a good thing for creators, but it's terrible for consumers when they only get access to a small percentage of what they paid for. So, at least until "The Trust Period" is over, I'll stick to $1 tier.

That said, I've really enjoyed both 0.1 and 0.2 versions of your game. It reminds of the lifepath from Female Agent, which was one of my favorite parts of that game. There are plenty of different paths to follow and ways to customize your PC looks and personality. It was fun restarting the game over and over and trying different options. Wish more games had a lifepath system like that. Hell, I'd play a game that's nothing else but a one giant lifepath. :D

1. Are you planning to add more content to the existing paths/vignettes? Especially the gang and model routes? (Yep, I'm biased towards these two.)

2. I've read that university and gap year will have their own content. Will the same apply to the drop out path, or is that just a skip to the later parts of the story?

3. I'm curious about the way the pre-prom night sex scenes were presented. Almost all of them were described very vaguely and limited to 1–3 sentences. Any reason for that? I thought that maybe it's because MC is supposed to be a minor at that point in the story (even though the game never mentions her age at any point, I think), but then you have scenes like gang initiation or some of the party scenes that are pretty clear about what MC's actions.

In any case, thanks for making this awesome game. Looking forward to the next update. (y)
Playing as a drop out would be interesting, I hope the intent is not to skimp out on content there, but I know you can only put some much effort and attention into the game.

Feb 10, 2021

Let me throw up a poll.

The reason is:

I'm mainly waiting on seeing more before commiting. God knows we get a ton of games, only to never get past the second or third update, or getting 10 minutes of content every 6 months if we're lucky.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020

Originally, I wanted to do an adult version of Growing Up (check it out on Steam) -- but I couldn't find any team to put it together. So the initial part of the game is kinda like my Proof of Concept of that game. Hence the reason why you aren't 100% in control of things.

Depends? If the player base (and the highest tiers, tbh) want me to expand lifepath, I can certainly take a dev cycle to do a halfsies -- I'll build out a bit more of the main game and then go back and flesh out some preferred lifepath options.

They will be dropping in 0.3 mid-month. Maybe not in their complete form, but essentially then.

After HS, Claire can either:
Drop out and get to the main game
Go on a Gap Year and then to the main game OR Gap Year and then College
Go to College and then the main game

First, thank you!

As to #3 - do you mean during vignettes and things like that, or when you decide who her 'first' is?

By and large, I've tried to hold that earlier part of life as vague as possible. I'm interested in telling a good story, not in people coming after me.

Reactions: Merkher

Merkher

Sep 14, 2017
Originally, I wanted to do an adult version of Growing Up (check it out on Steam) -- but I couldn't find any team to put it together. So the initial part of the game is kinda like my Proof of Concept of that game. Hence the reason why you aren't 100% in control of things.
Funny you would mention that game because that's what made me interested in the whole lifepath thing. NSFW Growing Up would be the dream. Maybe one day.

As to #3 - do you mean during vignettes and things like that, or when you decide who her 'first' is?

By and large, I've tried to hold that earlier part of life as vague as possible. I'm interested in telling a good story, not in people coming after me.
Vignettes, yes. Multiple choices you have after picking your clique, but before prom night stuff.

But that makes sense. On one hand, it's a shame because there were some really great and hot scenes like the gang initiation one that I mentioned before or clubbing with friends/getting into that legendary party, and it'd be great to see more of it. But on the other, even though age is never mentioned, it still clearly involves high schoolers, so it's understandable to be as vague as possible. Now I kinda wish those scenes happened after MC's prom. :p

Also, I've killed the Trust period. Didn't know the thing existed until literally the beginning of this month, but I've gone into the backend and disabled it.

Sorry to everyone that it bothered. Completely understand!
Thanks a lot for that! I have access to older posts now, so I can catch up on everything.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019

Let me throw up a poll.

The reason is:

If possible, you might want to open up a Patreon page. Maybe then I (and many others) will know if the problem is from SS itself or the credit card provider.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes