3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Fair, but a lot of substantive updates to games do happen in a 2-6 month window. A gander at one, for example, shows about 150 renders per update.
This also discounts the inherit benefits of the "remake"--your character designs, clothes, etc. are already available, as are a bunch of stock renders. Heck, there's even a bunch of Ren'py code that can be reworked.
I dunno if there's a standard time to completion for a fap game--but based on observation, it looks like 1-6 years, with most wrapping up within 2-4 years. A number of them are one man operations.
Sim, eu percebi

# I got what you meant and I agree. It's dragging a lot and for too long. 6 years of BBS and it's still right at the beginning... However getting some perspective was in order here. People tend to be quite unfair about the amount of work put in, even more for "small" updates like these.

Zip is the only one still releasing updates and I really appreciate him for that. Not a perfect solution but we make do with what we've got...

Mammolo

Apr 26, 2021
Vamos lá fazer as contas então.

# Let's do the math then:

Let's assume he's a really powerful pc and each full HD render only takes 2h (very unlikely): 500 * 2h = 1000h

Let's set aside all the time he wastes on scene building (sets, poses, lighting, cameras,...), animations and failed attempts. (a single event - a couple of renders - can take a whole week...)

Let's set aside planning, coding, scripts, translations and failed attempts - debugging alone can be quite an pain...

Let's assume he spends 4h every single day after daytime work and taking care of personal life - including weekends (who does that??):

1000h / 4h/d = 250d

250d / 30d/m = 8.3333333m

So what you're asking him (500 renders) is something that would take him more than 8 months for rendering alone. So no, not possible (4 months). For so many reasons... A very proficient team, perhaps...
Maybe some developer is a genius, I played some game 4 weeks update sound, rendering, action and some Bugfix. Well they work maybe full-time dev but they get good money on paying platform

Reactions: Mister Vain

tonyzz

May 12, 2019
from patreon (not all only a part ^^)

Just finishing working on the Lucy fight scene with Bobby which I will be releasing in a day or so along with some bug fixes etc. This was meant to added with the last update but did not have enough time and also was still thinking on how to play it out.

About the Lucy fight scene...
Anyhoo I have updated Lucy's clothes as I never liked the top from the original also I added an extra option when you are fighting her which also changes what happens later when Lucy catches you later trying to give wine to Ms. Anna leading to a different outcome.

p.s. for any moderator maybe i wrong but i think we have here a troll pls help

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
from patreon (not all only a part ^^)

Just finishing working on the Lucy fight scene with Bobby which I will be releasing in a day or so along with some bug fixes etc. This was meant to added with the last update but did not have enough time and also was still thinking on how to play it out.

About the Lucy fight scene...
Anyhoo I have updated Lucy's clothes as I never liked the top from the original also I added an extra option when you are fighting her which also changes what happens later when Lucy catches you later trying to give wine to Ms. Anna leading to a different outcome.

p.s. for any moderator maybe i wrong but i think we have here a troll pls help
:D until now I thought this was the fight with Lucy drunk in the bathroom... just now I realized that it was the scene with the missing pictures from the beginning!

Reactions: tonyzz

Mammolo

Apr 26, 2021
Guys don’t forget that , rainces & ziptie are not full time dev for this game , they need , comparing to their goal of 2000 dollar / month is not doin well , thats the reason they are not motivated enough to update ,

#so stop crying#

just send 2000 dollars to rainces he will give you update , ezpz

if u don’t have that kind money then just wait , crying on this page wont help

try to give pos feedback on bbs always negative feedbacks ,
i didn’t see a single post about latest update in which liza stuck scene was really impressive ,

take chill pill , and appreciate the dev work , try to sponsor him 5 dollars is not goona make any one poor , but that make dev motivated
He get over 1.000$ each month for macro update and 5 months with no updates and we should give him 2.000 bonus how much he gives you
Most of developer, living somewhere where people with a normal job get 450/600$ each month

May 8, 2020
classic rumble :
“dev is trying hard - give him money) and don't cry.”
versus
“dev is a milkmaid, lazy and doesn't do much for big money.”

and somewhere between their battles and battles, always people who burst in with: “do you have full saves? share saves”
Or
“Update ? Where update , when update , what update , why update — or any news?”

And most important people who writing:
“We need a hero ! New update is out

oh I love it)

• Red Heart

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Maybe some developer is a genius, I played some game 4 weeks update sound, rendering, action and some Bugfix. Well they work maybe full-time dev but they get good money on paying platform
Sim há que muito trabalhe bem

# I know there are devs performing quite better ( pace, workflow, workload,... ) but some do it full time, some have multiple ( powerful ) PCs just for the rendering, others have teams or professional support and some are simply more skilled.

I'm not saying he couldn't deliver more, quite the opposite. Still, a "small" update can be a bit demanding...

Last edited:

tonyzz

May 12, 2019
He get over 1.000$ each month for macro update and 5 months with no updates and we should give him 2.000 bonus how much he gives you
Most of developer, living somewhere where people with a normal job get 450/600$ each month
i know u talk in general for dev ^^
but your post make me remember some old leak (i dont no if is real or not)
but Zip are european (one of first nation u get problem from covid)
and work relative to health care (not know specific)
and probably have problem to sleep him work on nigth (maybe under mary effect)

THIS ALL MY SUGGESTION GET WHEN WE Talk during pandemic period on this forum.
i just want to share :p

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022

for a while the discussions here are inversely proportional to the size of the updates... and not even specifically related to the updates

May 8, 2020

Wow , very interesting , work in healthcare? Cool

Samu13

Jun 13, 2018
Hello, I'm just starting and I'm stuck, how can I advance the time? I'm stuck in the morning and nothing happens so I can move forward, I'm supposed to see mom in the bathroom, but I can't advance the time.
I'm stuck, can anyone guide me? after talk with store clerck and buy wine, mom quest says mom is in the shower but she is doing yoga, jenny is in the kitchen but i cant talk with her
I've had this happen to me. I was playing the android version but it does not feel like a platform issue, rather a quest triggering bug.
Basically, after you buy the wine you should go home and that would trigger the next scene and advance both time and the quest.
However, if you click on the lower left location, it will send you to your room, won't trigger the scene or advance time but will advance quest.
At this point you can't advance time (I assume it will be unlocked later) so you have no option other than reloading an older save or restarting.

Mar 19, 2023
Anyone know how to fix the issue where you click on the door icon to progress to the next scene and it just kicks you back to the home and skips the scene entirely

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes