3.30 star(s) 29 Votes

redharvest1

Jun 7, 2019
Reactions: yrban7477

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
You should understand that not always what you want concord with the reality (at least I hope, you are not like AG in something like this...). I'm more afraid that in the Zip case there are other motives for him drifting from the game...
Quais?

# Such as?

( I have no reason - so far - to think my expectations don't match reality... I'll still hope for the best...

As for our good friend, just let him be... )

Last edited:

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
# Why would he give up of a monthly salary (in his country) because of a (large) bump on the road...?
Essentially he is starting afresh from 0 with Subscribestar, and needs to build up support all over again.

Loosing Patreon is a big blow so I can see him not wanting to continue unless the supporters moves to Subscribestar.

But he has missed so many of his own dead lines I don't know if the supporters are willing to continue down that road.

Only time will tell.:(

Reactions: Jarul

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Essentially he is starting afresh from 0 with Subscribestar, and needs to build up support all over again.

Loosing Patreon is a big blow so I can see him not wanting to continue unless the supporters moves to Subscribestar.

But he has missed so many of his own dead lines I don't know if the supporters are willing to continue down that road.

Only time will tell.:(
Pois mas ele não começa do zero...

# Subscribestar may be an issue but he's not starting from scratch. His audience is already built and I can bet most of them came from here.

It's up to him to find other suitable streams. It's harder when it's about adult content but possible.

And he can always remake the game to fit Patreon's requirements. Some of his supporters may only have Patreon accounts and want to keep it that way. But giving up is not an option...

As for the missed deadlines, his audience already know his m.o. and kept supporting him so...

Yeah, only time will tell. But when many of us have to face many really serious setbacks almost on a daily basis, it gets hard to relate to this kind of mental block...

Last edited:

JoeBeans

Jan 9, 2018
As in the images when I search on the game ,there are new ones buh how to include them in game
If you're using an old save you won't get them, you need to start over to see anything new. Which isn't so much so far in this version.

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Pois mas ele não começa do zero...

# Subscribestar may be an issue but he's not starting from scratch. His audience is already built and I can bet most of them came from here.

It's up to him to find other suitable streams. It's harder when it's about adult content but possible.

And he can always remake the game to fit Patreon's requirements. Some of his supporters may only have Patreon accounts and want to keep it that way. But giving up is not an option...

As for the missed deadlines, his audience already know his m.o. and kept supporting him so...

Yeah, only time will tell. But when many of us have to face many really serious setbacks almost on a daily basis, it gets hard to relate to this kind of mental block...
Bit of a language barrier there.

I'm not saying he has to start from 0 because he has no audience/fans.

I'm saying he need to earn the trust back from his supporters.

Knowing his modus operandi doesn't automatically guarantee their support, and I would think most of them are waiting to see if he does release an update before going back to supporting him.

Reactions: edgaia

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Bit of a language barrier there.

I'm not saying he has to start from 0 because he has no audience/fans.

I'm saying he need to earn the trust back from his supporters.

Knowing his modus operandi doesn't automatically guarantee their support, and I would think most of them are waiting to see if he does release an update before going back to supporting him.
Sim eu percebi

# I understand that.

But people were still supporting him after all that mistrust. There's no trust rebuilding issue. They are hard core supporters (pun intended). They'll wait, I agree with you on that, but just to see if this project keeps going or not (abandonment as some are predicting). Others simply don't want to create accounts in multiple platforms, let alone in less reputable ones...

It's dev's problem. But I really don't think it's a critical one, as long as there's something to deliver... If he delivers the update, many supporters will flock to whatever platform he chooses...

( no language barrier - it's in the english translation. Just venting off in my own language :LOL: )

Last edited:
Reactions: john1230

Sid01

Apr 8, 2018
It's dev's problem. But I really don't think it's a critical one, as long as there's something to deliver... If he delivers the update, many supporters will flock to whatever platform he chooses...
Exactly. Dev had enough time for this. I haven't checked how it was before, but in general I'm surprised by such a great interest in the work of Zip and Rance, who release their updates on average once every six months.

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
Exactly. Dev had enough time for this. I haven't checked how it was before, but in general I'm surprised by such a great interest in the work of Zip and Rance, who release their updates on average once every six months.
You know, personally I don't care about time. What I care about is content. So let's separate those two.
If you have a dev that goes on hiatus, that slugs along and only works on it every other week, etc and then you get an update every 6 months with 400 renders, well that's bad. I don't support this type of dev.
But if you have a dev only delivering one update every 6 months but it has 1000 renders well then that's fine by me.
So to be fair, Rainces disappeared but then suddenly came back and delivered an update with thousands of renders and the last one followed suit. If he came back after 6 months of silence with an update of 300 renders it would be totally different.

From what I've seen from Zip, he's the first type of dev. He works on this when he wants or cans so if he takes 2 more months to release that doesn't mean it will have another 300 renders because of it, it's just empty time.
But who knows, maybe these delays just mean he keeps having new and great ideas and keeps adding content to the game every day ;)

Last edited:

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
You know, personally I don't care about time. What I care about is content. So let's separate those two.
If you have a dev that goes on hiatus, that slugs along and only works on it every other week, etc and then you get an update every 6 months with 400 renders, well that's bad. I don't support this type of dev.
But if you have a dev only delivering one update every 6 months but it has 1000 renders well then that's fine by me.
So to be fair, Rainces disappeared but then suddenly came back and delivered an update with thousands of renders and the last one followed suit. If he came back after 6 months of silence with an update of 300 renders it would be totally different.

From what I've seen from Zip, he's the first type of dev. He works on this when he wants or cans so if he takes 2 more months to release that doesn't mean it will have another 300 renders because of it, it's just empty time.
But who knows, maybe these delays just mean he keeps having new and great ideas and keeps adding content to the game every day ;)
Nada disso...

# None of them do it like that:

- RAInces takes 2 yrs to deliver something decent at best (6 months to 1 year should do). Too long to show some "progress". And he makes use/recycles almost all pics he renders (unused renders from previous updates)... Lazy dev - he should review his work ethics or there should be a pay cut when he drags it for too long... We always think he's just abandoned it for a reason...

- Zip delivers 1 or 2 micro updates in a 6 month period, but sometimes none... He shows too little work, although he spends a lot of time remaking/retouching scenes, just like a newbie (that he probably is - lighting, camera...). He doesn't seem to make an effort to deliver consistently but to get better at what he thinks are "core" skills... He never delivers on time and that's never a surprise for anybody

But I agree with you in one thing: I only care about the content, no matter what. Because if it were for the devs, I would have left these games behind a long time ago...

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: GuyMan66

Sid01

Apr 8, 2018
Nada disso...

- RAInces takes 2 yrs to deliver something decent at best (6 months to 1 year should do). Too long to show some "progress". And he makes use/recycles almost all pics he renders (unused renders from previous updates)... Lazy dev - he should review his work ethics or there should be a pay cut when he drags it for too long... We always think he's just abandoned it for a reason...

- Zip delivers 1 or 2 micro updates in a 6 month period, but sometimes none... He shows too little work, although he spends a lot of time remaking/retouching scenes, just like a newbie (that he probably is - lighting, camera...). He doesn't seem to make an effort to deliver consistently but to get better at what he thinks are "core" skills... He never delivers on time and that's never a surprise for anybody

But I agree with you in one thing: I only care about the content, no matter what. Because if it were for the devs, I would have left these games behind a long time ago...
That's what it seems to me too. The content is of course okay, but there are too many imperfections for such a long period of time.

I see Raices has been banned too. I wonder if it was the same person who reported it.

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
Nada disso...

Yes of course but 1.0 and 1.1 from rainces had how many renders together? 4000? Even if they are not all top stuff, it was a lot of content and a very decent playtime. What I am saying is that is very different from those games that last update was 1 year ago and then suddenly the dev is back and the next update is only 2 months away and it's 300 renders.

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Yes of course but 1.0 and 1.1 from rainces had how many renders together? 4000? Even if they are not all top stuff, it was a lot of content and a very decent playtime. What I am saying is that is very different from those games that last update was 1 year ago and then suddenly the dev is back and the next update is only 2 months away and it's 300 renders.
Eu percebi mas deixaste uma impressão errada (branqueaste o comportamento inaceitavel do RA por ter muitos renders...)

# Yeah I get it (RA takes a lot more time but brings tons of renders). And his updates are quite decent unlike zip's (way too short/ irrelevant).

But you're sending the wrong message imo like: RA's behavior is more acceptable/understandable than zip's because when he releases an update, it's packed with new renders (>= 1000). No, I'm sorry but I can't let something like that slide (it's not accurate/balanced):

RA is lazy, ghosts a lot, milks a lot and he's dragging this for too long - despite all those (not so great) renders, there's still not much progress in this 7yr old game.

Zip on the other hand is more present, has better renders but he wastes too much time with useless remaking/retouching, never meets his own deadlines and when he finally delivers it's a ridiculous micro update.

Personally I prefer RA's game, others prefer Zip's. But we all know they both fail their fans in their own ways... (they both suck, but the content is all that matters)

Last edited:

Qalx

Sep 29, 2022
Well, I feel sorry for him that he lost his Patreon account, but in the end all his crap about his updates (99.99%...) turned out to be baseless... Not even now failed to put even a hint of an update somewhere (he still has a SubscribeStar account, at least)…

GuyMan66

Jan 21, 2020
Nada disso...

OK so everything that Axeman has deliver is way better than anything anyone else has with alot of content.

3.30 star(s) 29 Votes