KanekiIsme

Jun 22, 2020
every time I try to make a save the game dialogue box disappears and completely freezes, have to crash out if I want to play.

Edit: now can't even go through the first scene at the meeting table, everything just stops, can't advance at all.
same here bro

Reactions: Azsouth

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
same here bro
If you can reproduce it, please press comma, a debug screen will pop and show any code errors that might have happened (which probably did happen), you can click on the errors on that screen and it should show a description of what it is, that would help a lot.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
decided to try it despite unity. it's... alright?

body hair isnt really something i care about on the male MC for whatever reasons it just never seems to work out even more so if they have a hairy ass. it tends to distract :sick::LOL:. as for female pubes. eh it can go either way although trimmed is better then bushy in my opinion like the mistress as opposed to lisa. but that a personal preferance.

the girls from big brother...again. last time i saw them i think they were slaves that GOT parody game. they're parodied so much it's almost ruined the models. now im left thinking of different models that could've been.

the text box is very big it covers a large portion of the renders. yeah sure the animations show well enough but kind of annoying.

hovering the mouse over the area to find clickable areas is why i hate freeroam sandbox games. movement shouldn't depend on blindly looking for where to go or how to get there.

the combat system...i'll be honest as soon as i had the nuke option i went for it. i just want to read the story and make choices.
Ideally a VN mode would solve that or a quick travel option would be awesome so you can enjoy the free roam part and when you want to continue the story just click said option to get back into it. or even a "combat off" option

the save option i liked mostly. like renpy a simple right click is all it takes to get there. however i prefer a page of a handful of save slots then when they're full go to the next page. the way it is now eventually i'll have sooooo many saves it'll be annoying to do all that scrolling.

in the character creation screen i almost missed the advanced option for stats distribution...all hidden in the corner there like some hooker.

not sure what else. but it was entertaining although no idea when i finish the story i got as far as roaming around after leaving the mansion after the park scene.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
decided to try it despite unity. it's... alright?

body hair isnt really something i care about on the male MC for whatever reasons it just never seems to work out even more so if they have a hairy ass. it tends to distract :sick::LOL:. as for female pubes. eh it can go either way although trimmed is better then bushy in my opinion like the mistress as opposed to lisa. but that a personal preferance.

the girls from big brother...again. last time i saw them i think they were slaves that GOT parody game. they're parodied so much it's almost ruined the models. now im left thinking of different models that could've been.

the text box is very big it covers a large portion of the renders. yeah sure the animations show well enough but kind of annoying.

hovering the mouse over the area to find clickable areas is why i hate freeroam sandbox games. movement shouldn't depend on blindly looking for where to go or how to get there.

the combat system...i'll be honest as soon as i had the nuke option i went for it. i just want to read the story and make choices.
Ideally a VN mode would solve that or a quick travel option would be awesome so you can enjoy the free roam part and when you want to continue the story just click said option to get back into it. or even a "combat off" option

the save option i liked mostly. like renpy a simple right click is all it takes to get there. however i prefer a page of a handful of save slots then when they're full go to the next page. the way it is now eventually i'll have sooooo many saves it'll be annoying to do all that scrolling.

in the character creation screen i almost missed the advanced option for stats distribution...all hidden in the corner there like some hooker.

not sure what else. but it was entertaining although no idea when i finish the story i got as far as roaming around after leaving the mansion after the park scene.
There is an option on the settings menu for reducing the size of the text box.

There is a keybind that you can set on the controls menu that highlights any clickable area that is appearing on the screen, you should try it out.

The nuke option on combat was made exactly for the people that don't care about combat.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
There is an option on the settings menu for reducing the size of the text box.

There is a keybind that you can set on the controls menu that highlights any clickable area that is appearing on the screen, you should try it out.

The nuke option on combat was made exactly for the people that don't care about combat.
after booting it up again game wouldnt let me progress in dialouge with anyone. i made the ui smaller. the highlight all key bindings wasnt responding but im assuimng that was cause of the bug cause i couldn't enter settings with the right click any more.

but yeah at least one issue was solved. ty

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
after booting it up again game wouldnt let me progress in dialouge with anyone. i made the ui smaller. the highlight all key bindings wasnt responding but im assuimng that was cause of the bug cause i couldn't enter settings with the right click any more.

but yeah at least one issue was solved. ty
when things like this happens please press the comma key and a debug screen will pop, it should show any errors that happened and it helps me a lot while debugging them.

We made a lot of test builds to make sure the public has a stable one but we can't always cover everything. I am working on a hotfix for these and they should be fixed by the next build.

djweish

Apr 1, 2018
Yeah, Renpy is a good starting place. Where a dev can 'get their feet wet' with a VN and, maybe, some basic gameplay.
But it just doesn't cut it for more complex games.
That's not really true - if you put in the time to learn it, Ren'Py can do anything Python can, which is quite a lot. Of course, different games are suited to different engines, but if you really want to do something in Ren'Py there's usually nothing stopping you; I even made a first person shooter with ray casting in Ren'Py.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
That's not really true - if you put in the time to learn it, Ren'Py can do anything Python can, which is quite a lot. Of course, different games are suited to different engines, but if you really want to do something in Ren'Py there's usually nothing stopping you; I even made a first person shooter with ray casting in Ren'Py.
Well, that is true for most languages, but the point is not Ren'Py being able or not to do X or Y thing, the point is Ren'Py being optimized for X or Y thing in a way that it saves development time while maintaining good performance, that is the sole purpose of game engines, if your game is just a Visual Novel then Ren'py is your best choice because it has the quicker and easier tools to do it. The good thing about Unity is that it gives you good, powerful tools that allow you to do almost anything with good performance, Bonds of Blood could have been done in Ren'Py, yes, but many of the features the game has and will have would/will be a lot more difficult to do in Ren'Py.

Reactions: TheDevian
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes