4.10 star(s) 166 Votes

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
is this actual game content? does this mean he is confirmed actually working on an update?
He has uploaded some reworked stills on Discord in the past weeks and some people have done so in here, so he IS working on the game but the main issue is the time he's taking and people thinking he ain't doing anything, mainly cause they aren't having updates on Trello, for example (and understandable).

In short, mainly cause he hasn't communicated anything is why people think the game is no longer in the works.

niners12345

Mar 29, 2018
Dr.bones does his art true on that but he does 0 coding (when i mean coding is really writting code), so he has only script to do which he doesnt require to know the commands, puglins bring those scripts attach already explaining how it works and other scripts (no puglin) he went online to get them and again explains how it works, so basicly his job is doing copy and paste and see if its working, so please dont say he does coding, cause i can show u a game that required coding and doesnt look so basic has Doc's game, the only thing he really has to work hard is doing the animation since he does layer-by-layer movement animations which can cause bugs on the game and we have seen them.
copying and pasting code is 80% of coding, very few people actually code themselves, almost every function has already been made so you just need to find it on gitub/stackoverflow/etc and make changes as you see fit, but :/

Coldorax

Dec 4, 2017
copying and pasting code is 80% of coding, very few people actually code themselves, almost every function has already been made so you just need to find it on gitub/stackoverflow/etc and make changes as you see fit, but :/
Ok that doesn't even make the least amount of sense. This is not called coding, it is called tracing. As much as we know, the dev is just reusing scripts that were already available- which should NOT take as much time when you see the end result. Alright you're getting a bug, sure, go on the said websites, identify the issue and then take measures so it doesn't repeat itself. Don't reuse code and make the same surprised Pikachu face when the same bug keeps coming back.

You're from India, right?
I really want to like this but I need to see the other guy's reaction for that

niners12345

Mar 29, 2018
Ok that doesn't even make the least amount of sense. This is not called coding, it is called tracing. As much as we know, the dev is just reusing scripts that were already available- which should NOT take as much time when you see the end result. Alright you're getting a bug, sure, go on the said websites, identify the issue and then take measures so it doesn't repeat itself. Don't reuse code and make the same surprised Pikachu face when the same bug keeps coming back.

I really want to like this but I need to see the other guy's reaction for that
have you done coding jobs? most people say they are a programmer etc to explain without using jargon that they aren't actually "coding". simply looking at what needs to be done and what functions have been made to do that and then customizing it to fit what they need, they look at their options in how to execute something and what they have available to make that happen, then writing a program to do that. and since you want to be so technical, neither dusk nor the manor require "coding" they both operate off the fact that the functions needed to make a game in both engines are already made and developed. the whole point is that the dusk example is just something he pulled out for an easy argument to use against the developer, i doubt he even played the game, just found something that was developed fast and by one person.

also only one sentence in your response was relevent (the second). "as much as we know" means you don't actually know what he's doing and is just second guessing and making assumptions that fit your narrative. and the second half is just because i mentioned stackoverflow ig. are you pointing that at me or dr bones? because i have no idea why you mentioned that? when did i mention reoccurring bugs? congrats i guess, you pointed out common knowledge in not only coding but life in general. find a mistake, fix it, don't make it again :/ (honestly just generally confused because if you fix it and "reuse" it, the same bug should not reoccur)

Coldorax

Dec 4, 2017
have you done coding jobs? most people say they are a programmer etc to explain without using jargon that they aren't actually "coding". simply looking at what needs to be done and what functions have been made to do that and then customizing it to fit what they need, they look at their options in how to execute something and what they have available to make that happen, then writing a program to do that. and since you want to be so technical, neither dusk nor the manor require "coding" they both operate off the fact that the functions needed to make a game in both engines are already made and developed. the whole point is that the dusk example is just something he pulled out for an easy argument to use against the developer, i doubt he even played the game, just found something that was developed fast and by one person.
Alright FYI "YES" I have done coding jobs, I am doing that as we are speaking right now. My question is have you? We actually have people here that broke down the game and attempted to make it workable on Android for example( which is a damn shame nobody actually takes the time to sit down and thank them for that). It is not rocket science that this game development is not optimal. I mean, how does one fit in their narrative that if you hit skip over text, body parts are going to appear where they shouldn't, scenes just don't load and you get scenes even if a certain switch argument has not been loaded.

As for neither Dusk or Bones Tales needing coding, yes we know that. We are using the same reason why it shouldn't take so much time- that is all. You wanna get technical, let's go then. RPGM is living life on easy mode. I will argue to death that the game isn't bad inherently and that the shoe fits here. However, Dr Bones has become really complacent ever since the move to Subscribestar. We aren't knocking on him for reusing stuff, we are saying out loud this is taking way too long. If you feel like I am repeating myself, don't worry, I am. I just want to make this clear here. You want to reuse the same things? Sure but please don't be surprised by bugs reappearing. For me missing a deadline is breaking a promise to your patrons. If you are now releasing a version that you took forever to complete that is buggy, this is inadmissible.

Please note that I mean no wrong to you. It's just that some of us have been here since launch and have seen this turn into a shitstorm more than once especially with newer people. I am not judging you or whatever, I am just pointing out some stuff. Also please use caps, your block of text is hard to read and makes it hard to see your point.

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
damn was it my accent that gave it away :/ howd you come to that assumption?
(i actually want to know if you can come up with a reason that doesn't use a stereotype or racism)
If you've spent any time at all at any of the places people go to when they want to copy code, you'll be quite familiar with all the indians asking other people to do their jobs for them. I have no idea why they're from India and not China or some other country with a lot of people working in tech, but that's the way it is. Now, you can call it whatever you want, I don't care and it won't change anything.

As for programmers copying 80% of their code. Let's just say that works for a month or two, but if you're still that junior that you can't write most of your stuff on your own and only visit stackoverflow to see if there is a more elegant solution to the problem you're facing or check a readme somewhere after forgetting how an API works, then you'll never make any progress in your career.

raziel121z

Apr 2, 2018
Well as we know DrBones works on this game alone and he's doing an another game too, but

Or it is the case or it is something else...maybe a big d*ck? IDK, but we'll see
I know that but i dont use patreon so i dont know if he or she is keeping working in the game sorry for my english is not my native lenguage :3

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
I know that but i dont use patreon so i dont know if he or she is keeping working in the game sorry for my english is not my native lenguage :3
Igual podrías checar su Discord, normalmente ahí pone teasers (normalmente de algo que viene en la sig. versión). El zelda está en el primer post de la página. Eso sí, los teasers no son precisamente frecuentes pero te da una idea de qué esperar.

Translation: You could also check his Discord, he normally posts teasers (usually content for the next version). Link is in the 1st post. Just saying but the teasers aren't frequent either, but it helps to see what's coming next.

• Red Heart
Reactions: raziel121z

Anão3682

Jan 31, 2020
Igual podrías checar su Discord, normalmente ahí pone teasers (normalmente de algo que viene en la sig. versión). El zelda está en el primer post de la página. Eso sí, los teasers no son precisamente frecuentes pero te da una idea de qué esperar.

Translation: You could also check his Discord, he normally posts teasers (usually content for the next version). Link is in the 1st post. Just saying but the teasers aren't frequent either, but it helps to see what's coming next.
It's funny because the teasers part is true, but he just dropped one today.

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
where do you find the teasers on his discord? cause I have no idea where to look since I never use discord
Check the #Branch-Offices-Referrals and join the "Clandestine Clinic". Once you do, go to "Links & Content" and "Public Teasers".
1595654825353.png

Mar 14, 2020
Sister is not outside after talking to the ghost as mentioned in the walkthrough...if it's already been discussed/if it's just a smal bug and there is a save file provide to solve it in any of the page just direct me to it.

4.10 star(s) 166 Votes