4.10 star(s) 168 Votes

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
how do you get doyle's ring?
Interact with Martha's middle drawer in the afternoon/evening, the MC will mention some "pills", then enter her room at midnight and try to interact with her, then go to sleep, put on some clothes, go to the gate outside the Manor, talk with the Merchant, go to Doyle, go to the attic, open the big yellow chest.

captain_rex

Dec 15, 2017
Just saw the Trello, Knowing Bone's work output we'll be back in around 3.5-4 months, he normally takes around a month per Trello task, given that one is a tweak and a month as already passed. I'm not complaining it honestly weird seeing the quality contrast between the old stuff and the new stuff in game I 100% understand why there is so much effort put into the reworks. Though I would rather Bones mix the reworks and new stuff within updates, a 1:1 ratio would go better. Even though the reworks are pretty much new events, it'll still go over better.

Last edited:

lezskoden

Sep 10, 2018
Dl'd the 17.3 game but at menu screen the game cycles through the options like my up arrow is pressed. I hit another key to stop it but then my up and right arrows keys don't work, and my left key acts as a down key?

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Dl'd the 17.3 game but at menu screen the game cycles through the options like my up arrow is pressed. I hit another key to stop it but then my up and right arrows keys don't work, and my left key acts as a down key?
Do you have a USB keyboard that you can plug? Usually that fixes it. Otherwise, try to remove other USB devices and keep testing the keyboard, sometimes the issue stems from other device messing with it.

RIOT12345

Aug 28, 2018
hi, i have problems with the keys, i want to save the game and i press ESC, but this just pass the conversation like when i press ENTER, and only open the menu when the conversation ends, is that how works? or where can i configure the keys?

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
hi, i have problems with the keys, i want to save the game and i press ESC, but this just pass the conversation like when i press ENTER, and only open the menu when the conversation ends, is that how works? or where can i configure the keys?
You can't save during the conversations, only before or after. Try using X to open the menu. Also, might be stupid to suggest but it has happened, but make sure you extracted the game when you started playing.

Also keep in mind most games in RPGMaker always use Z to Accept/Interact, X to Cancel/Open Menu and holding down Shift the character runs.

Loocy

Jun 28, 2020
So everytime a new version gets released I have to replay the whole story up to the point I left it? Because I cant load my old files T_T

• Sad
Reactions: ohhaiguize

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
So everytime a new version gets released I have to replay the whole story up to the point I left it? Because I cant load my old files T_T
Yes but actually no (sorta).

Everytime there's a rework of the code, some of the old stuff tends to break, hence why fresh saves are (most of the time) the ideal way to go. For example, if you load 0.17 saves in the latest version, bugged scenes won't start or continue due to the switches in the save not being toggled, so either modify it if you know what you're doing or start anew.

Now, I know jackshit about code with RPGMaker so I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to make saves retrocompatible, but I'm mostly sure heavy modifications to the source code make it either difficult or not worthwhile.

Anyways, grab some saves on page 847, they're near the bottom.

TrialRagnarok

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
help me, I can't open this game because there is unable to find file: audio/ME/BONES_TRUMPET? I don't understand this?
Are you playing it from the compressed file or is it already extracted? Also, make sure the path of the file doesn't contain special characters like !#$%&/=? in the name, otherwise errors like that one pop up.

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
The game is good but it is grindy, i've spent most of my time holding ctrl and tapping space like a dolt to skip the many many many repeated dialogues.
There's also the item pickup animations and stat increase animations too that just add more time to the pile and it could be fixed by using the topside dialogue, for example: when acquiring the spot wear to give to martha the game will show in the top dialogue that you acquired the item after the 2 second unskippable animation, same thing when giving it to her, that could be used instead to say that you got both items and stat increase, there's no way to check how much stats i have either until the dialogue option unlocks, it's a great game made by senõr skeleton but many unskippable niggles tend to pile up to frustrate a bit and the grind will definitely make itself known, stats could be simplified though.
To finish it off the "this scene is a placeholder and it will be replaced" notification could be simply played at the start of the game and that's it, some thing like "some animations will be replaced in the future so you'll see many placeholder animations", the one that says "this content is not avaliable yet" is okay and gives out the message correctly, as in when trying to interact with Lucile and Martha in the yoga part as of v0.17.3.
Good stuff, needs a quality polish.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes